Right Back Required

Second Season, promoted to the Premier League with Barnsley on the latest patch.

Really need a RB urgently with only Joe Mattock being able to play there most of the season.

Currently in Jan 09 and have around £4mill to spend any ideas?

Zuiverloon would usually cost more than 4M. IIRC, its near 8 or 9M.

Check on Beletti also at Chelsea. Also check Khalid Boulahrouz there. Might come for that much but will probably not want to join. Doesnt hurt to check though.

Try Sergey Ignashevich. He plays well at RB. Try Nedum Onuoha on loan. Gary Neville is usually transfer listed. Try him. Mathieu Flamini on loan from Arsenal. He plays pretty well at RB. Steve Finnan from Liverpool might do a good job for a season or two. If Mattock can play RB and does so well, then buy Matt Hill for your LB spot.

Thanks for the help.

I'll look into Onuoha and Belletti. The others aren't interested or have just moved.

Mattock has been playing well there recently but has looked a bit shaky at times giving away goals and penalties.

One player who looks interesting is Yakubu of Vitesse, what do you think about him , he looks very impressive and is out of contract at the end of the season.

Abubukari Yakubu you mean? Yeah, hes ok. Nothing great. A little short defensively perhaps.

Try Jose San Roman. Might have developed well by now. Also, Marvin Angulo. Loic Abenzoar is another possibility. All 3 of them are young and develop into good players. Just not sure if it would have happened by Jan 09.

Try Kerrea Gilbert. Sometimes he turns out into a decent RB. Nothing special though. Also, try Geremi from Newcastle. Old and might be cheap. And Lauren from Pompey. They both dont get games and might be listed. You can just get them on loan for the season.

Try the Mexican guy - Jose Antonio Castro. Dont know how much he'll cost though. Frank Simek is another one. Good defensively. Also try Chimbonda. Cristian Sarghi is another who's quite good. Again, lacking a bit defensively.

The saga is finally over after searching hard and with your help, many targets had already moved as had my new RB but I managed to sign Angulo as he had signed for a Getafe with a min fee of 450k, looks like he'll be a class act and has be developed well thus far.

However Zuiverloon will be my key target in July if we manage to stay up as he is interested and his team are in financial trouble.

Archived