The Unoffical All-English Team Thread

Samsung

Hey guys I'm playing Newcastle atm, still first season nearly finished, not doing too great I think 8th had a terrible start to the season drawing my first 10

games straight... Like it didnt matter if I was playing Arsenal, West Brom or Everton, draw draw and more draw... Anyways not important.

I want to create a predominatly English side, and quickly. So far I have

S. Taylor

Defoe

Barton

Guthie (?)

I also have Colocini, Di Maria and L. Diarra who I want to keep everyone else is expendable. I also have that Martin Careises (?) on loan and I want to keep

him to. Sold Owen too injury prone.

So pretty much position I want to fill in with English players is playing a 442:

GK (English keepers suck in the game)

LB (Enqrie is pretty good but want English dude)

RM (Jonas is acutally pretty good to)

ST (I am thinking Ashton partnering Defoe)

I know if I take things slowly I can build a good team, but i was hoping by next season I can have a solid starting 11 with only 3 or 4 players not English. I

got takenover but the dudes a tight arse (meaning he is stingy or not willing to pull out the big bucks)

What are some solid buys that dont cost too much and work well together. I really like Joey Barton (even though his stats are not that great)

I would love Beckham but he doesnt want to come here. There is no way I can get Rooney and Heskey is getting on a bit. Gerrard, Micah Richards and Barry

are all on my radar but impossible to get them any time soon. I also have Matt Derbyshire (sorry about terrible spelling) but he is garbage... I'll sell Martins

and Xisco pretty soon as they also suck. Duff is crap personified.

Thanks for any suggestions much appretiated!!

Regards,

ReeNah

Jack Wilshere is a must!!

Michael Mancienne, Mark Beevers both useful CBs

Ashley Young is a good MR

Up front, cant go wrong with Defoe and Agbonlahor!

Joe Mattock is a good english LB

Ben Foster, Joe Hart or Scott Carson GKs?

I think I might go the Scott Carson but he is pretty garbage... Like not crap but not as good a gk as I want. Insomnia the thing he is like 31 in my game I

think still worth it? Isnt Ashton really good to?

Yeah I think I'll go for Young not a huge Agbonlahor fan... Would AV sell him though... I'm not a rich rich club so I have to look for feasible buys. Like

doubt Wilshere would come either. Heskey wanted a move so I'll see if he any good price wise if not Ashton here I come!!

Best to buy young players who will go on to become stars, rather than already established ones who'll be too expensive and probably uninterested.

Get in a new GK, DL, DC, MR, and strikers.

GK - Foster and Joe Hart are really the only options

DL - Mattock is definitely the stand-out choice here, becomes a future England intl

DC/R - Michael Mancienne or Mark Beevers, both young with tons of potential

MR - Michael Kightly (moved to Man Utd in my game) or Jack Wilshere cutting in

SC - Dean Ashton definitely, I'm not a big fan of Defoe though. James Vaughan is another beast

then also try to get some of these guys - Nathan Delfouneso, Danny Welbeck, Daniel Sturridge, Jack Rodwell, Jose Baxter. All these probably wont be good enough by the second season but give them some first team experience and a few years, and they'll all be top quality.

Archived