Should my back 4 'close down' ?

Rightly or wrongly, I generally have my back 4 and keeper never closing down, with the slider to the extreme left. The rest of my side are set to team instructions, and close down 'often' if I'm playing against a side I expect to beat, and 'rarely' if I'm playing against an evenly matched or better side.

Just looking for some opinion on how I'm setting up this part of my tactics, and what each of you do with regards to closing down. Particularly with the centre backs.

Any thoughts appreciated, cheers.

I set DCs to 10 and FBs to 13.

If i set them low, my ass manager commented that they are not used to closing down so low.

I don't really listen to everything my ass man says, but I feel this is the style of play in the EPL, so I put mixed.

Rightly or wrongly, I generally have my back 4 and keeper never closing down, with the slider to the extreme left. The rest of my side are set to team instructions, and close down 'often' if I'm playing against a side I expect to beat, and 'rarely' if I'm playing against an evenly matched or better side.

Just looking for some opinion on how I'm setting up this part of my tactics, and what each of you do with regards to closing down. Particularly with the centre backs.

Any thoughts appreciated, cheers.

The simple answer is yes, you need your back 4 to close down otherwise you'l be allowing the opposition to do what they like.

That is, cross the ball, pick out passes, take shots from distance etc.

How have your results been with the back 4 closing down never and with individual closing down settings for the players set to 1? Surely you must have been struggling? :)

Archived