Danny1000000 and Stvndysn Hoardings official thread

stvndysn

Always Danny - I add graphics just about every day.

To clarify, when you get to the folder: My Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009, just open it and pop the two ads folders in there? Or the 'ads' folder with 2 .xml files there, and go into graphics\pictures to put the other 'ads' folder with the pics there? I've tried both, to no avail.

I have done this and its not worked, I am still getting the standard issue ads boards. The instructions seem pretty straightforward so I have no idea where I have gone wrong!

Edit:

I've got it working now, didnt see the post about unticking the skin cache option.

Good job btw guys!

:)

Hey Guys,

1. Make sure the skin caching is unticked in preferences.

2. Put all the xml files into C:\Documents and Settings\<Yourusername>\My Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\ads

3. Put the graphics into C:\Documents and Settings\<Yourusername>\My Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\graphics\pictures\ads

4. Restart FM.

This should work

It doesn't work. :thdn:

no dude

have you put the images in --yourdocs/sportsinteractive/footballmanager2009/graphics/pictures/ads

and the fm.xml into --yourdocs/sportsinteractive/footballmanager2009/ads

no dude just copy over them

Thanks man. I copied them into the correct directories but didn't overwrite anything.

I take it i need to have just one config.xml file (i.e. the new one) not two, or i'll just get the default boards (as am currently)

Cheers,

yes mate just the fm.xml file in the pack it doesnt matter if it overrights the old one.

Thanks for all the help mate.

Is it fair to say this could be why my adboards are still showing the default ones too (i.e. i haven't overwritten the old xml file, so that's what the games being told to show?)

Thanks again...

Woah there!!!! Sorry, come again? Which folder is the default xml file in and what is it called? Maybe that's why I'm getting nowhere.

this is the last time dude

the file called fm.xml goes into the ads folder here

Capture-6.png

dont worry about the fm file you see in the image thats a spare unchanged one.

the .png images goes in this folder

Capture-7.png

please remember that all this is in the sports interactive folder in your documents

Hi these adds look great but I really need a whole english league pack from blue square n/s up to championship, I know its a big ask but would be awesome. Thanks.

All english divisions from Blue Square n/s up in this pack.

Mirror 1

http://files.filefront.com/sixnationadsrar/;12712297;/fileinfo.html

Mirror 2

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?yylqa22uyzv

All english divisions from Blue Square n/s up in this pack.

Mirror 1

http://files.filefront.com/sixnationadsrar/;12712297;/fileinfo.html

Mirror 2

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?yylqa22uyzv

Dan,

Thanks for this. Nice work, and it's surprising what an impact "real" hoardings have on the visual impact of the game.

Your work is much appreciated.

Capture-6.png

Capture-7.png

please remember that all this is in the sports interactive folder in your documents

Hey dude (me again)

I've done everything you've said previosuly (and above) to a tee, but i'm still not seeing any

new hoardings...HEEELLLLLP MEEEEEEEeeeeeeeee!

(soz to be a pain, i've managed alot of other editing but not this. :(

Capture-6.png

Capture-7.png

Me too Dave. I'm loving all the graphics that I've installed - this feels like the last missing piece of the jigsaw.

Mee three.....

Cheers mate, these work a treat and make watching the game a little more realistic..

For the people that still cant get these to work..Download it, then you will recieve two folders, one called graphics and the other called ads..Extract one at a time to My docs/sports interactive/football manager 2009.. It will then automatically put the folders into the correct place for you..It cant be explained any clearer than that!

Once again, these are brilliant, cheers!!!

I've got the hoardings!!!!!

What's happened with me is that I followed the instructions perfectly with no result. I stopped faffing and just got on with playing. After about 2 months of game-time the hoardings appeared.

I'm not the only one, so for the rest of you who feel you haven't got them working, I say just bide your time and they may well start appearing after a while.

I've got the hoardings!!!!!

What's happened with me is that I followed the instructions perfectly with no result. I stopped faffing and just got on with playing. After about 2 months of game-time the hoardings appeared.

I'm not the only one, so for the rest of you who feel you haven't got them working, I say just bide your time and they may well start appearing after a while.

Lol its taken you a while mate. They should work straight away though, so I dont know whats up.

Archived