Training wonderkids..

I have found that playing them against weaker opposition whenever possible and if you're Rangers bringing them on when you're comfortably winning (which should be fairly often) helps. I read somewhere that you should train their "free stats" as the main ones will increase naturally. So put John Fleck on intensive training for defending or something like that as crossing, passing etc should increase on their own.

Also if you choose carefully who they should learn from that can be a great benefit. Look at the stats of each and see who would actually be able to teach them something, e.g. young player has low mental stats, make them learn from someone who has high mental stats.

If the player plays on the left, have them train for a new position on the right so their weak foot developes (if it isn't already) and I've heard this will make them better in the match engine.

All these things to me at least will improve the player but there are many people on here who have conducted extensive research into all this and have guides posted, well worth a look if you have the time/notion.

p.s. If you're Rangers keep a look out for some of the young players and keep them, they are pretty decent and will sell for a good price in later seasons, get a affiliate club in an active league and send them there on loan as often as possible providing they will actually play. I usually try to get a smaller club in England and say they're in the 2nd division I make it a side goal to get them into the Championship or something as this has a good effect on your own players going on loan if they're playing and also the quality of players that you'll be getting first option on!

Archived