I quit.

This is just ridiculous now. I am normally always the person who says: "Its your tactics" ... but I've literally tried everything...

I have strikers with finishing: 16 en composure/technique: 15 en this is what happens:

http://img34.picoodle.com/img/img34/3/12/11/f_ikkapm_4993535.jpg

That is just stupid. Non-stop possesion and chances, no a single goal. not ONE! ...

so, once again. I'm not the wining type, but sigames messed it up this time. This is just no longer a game. Its friggin' RISK, strategy stuff and when you get it right, dont think you'll win ... no.... you'll draw!

Im done. Going back to Championship Manager, where strikers actually score.

Or you could wait until next week for the patch to come out

is it really next week??im kinda ****ed too with this patch..no consistency at all..

are we gonna be able to continue our saved games with the changes from the new patch??

You can't quit... Because you're fired!

Sorry, couldn't help myself :D

lmao... evil!

Maybe don't quit so soon, try a team with good financial backing, or excellent players. Although many say this has no challenge, i think managers need confidence as much as players do, even if its virtual manager. I felt a lack of confidence initially when i play, now that its getting slightly better, i feel bullish. :D

Give yourself some time, take a good team and you will gain confidence, and thats when u really start getting better. Sometimes taking the bottom league teams or relegation team in the top flight helps. 'cos you've got nothing to lose, merely finishing 1 place above relegation does wonders to your confidence. That's what i think. Don't waste your money spend on the game so easily. :D

It's the opposite for me at the moment. Scraping draws after getting hammered, being much more efficient than the AI. I don't know why, though.

But I think that this game requires more patience than previous versions. Give the team time to settle and blend, use sensible tactics and team talks. I guess it's not too easy to start with a big team because you're excpected to deliver instant success. I think you need to set your reputation high too.

To be fair I'm having the same problem, chance after chance, yet few goals.

52542688ej9.jpg

Luckily I've been able to carve out some good results thanks to a defence I'm quite proud of (numerous 1-0 victories are keeping me where I should be in the tables).

That is evidently your tactics. Honestly, are you serious? Look at those stats. They tell you precisely where your tactics are failing ..

Number of shots: 25

Clear cut chances: 1

AI: 1

Score 1-1

I don't pretend the match engine is anything other than a total bloody joke, but your tactics are evidently the fault there. You can see that of the 12 you had on target, 9 were blocked by the AI who being away was probably sitting back. The rest you had were blazed over by wasteful long range striking.

You need to develop a control tactic to break down the AI more directly. 85% pass completion suggests you are playing a short patient game, which is not incisive enough. Try a more direct approach and play really wide and maybe have wingers hold up the ball to draw defenders out of position.

25% of your crosses completed is pretty healthy, so it would stand to reason that whoever you are crossing to isn't doing enough with the ball or there is nobody to collect the flick ons.

At least i won 4-0 in the first leg. I still think there is a bug with OUR strikers, they simply score less than AI's. Piqué's goal was a header which was their CCC, but the other two were insane long range shots, and my goalkeeper is Akinfeev, my defense is Mamadou Sakho, Micah Richards, Thiago Silva and a promising regen Right defender.

ACMilanvBarcelona.png

That is evidently your tactics. Honestly, are you serious? Look at those stats. They tell you precisely where your tactics are failing ..

Score 1-1

I don't pretend the match engine is anything other than a total bloody joke, but your tactics are evidently the fault there. You can see that of the 12 you had on target, 9 were blocked by the AI who being away was probably sitting back. The rest you had were blazed over by wasteful long range striking.

You need to develop a control tactic to break down the AI more directly. 85% pass completion suggests you are playing a short patient game, which is not incisive enough. Try a more direct approach and play really wide and maybe have wingers hold up the ball to draw defenders out of position.

25% of your crosses completed is pretty healthy, so it would stand to reason that whoever you are crossing to isn't doing enough with the ball or there is nobody to collect the flick ons.

Set my wingers a little wider and told them to hold up the ball, seems to have helped. First game with after this little tweak and I created 5 CCCs (scoring 3). Second match wasnt so favourable as I clawed out a 2-1 victory over an opponent that was all over me (league cup so I was playing a mostly reserve/rotation team though).

I think what was happening was that since I play a quite defensive 4-2-3-1 there were often only 3 players in the box in matches were I'm often the favourite (and so the opponent has as many men behind the ball as possible).

I'll keep an eye out for what you've mentioned now, but I think I still prefer to play a slower/patient game.

Score 1-1

i think blocked shots arent counted as SoT..its true the ME sucks..eventho i still win the league, but its no fun at all watching the playing..

I was the person to originally say 'its your tactics'.

Then I gave up and blamed the game.

Now I really do know 'its your tactics' :o.

Iv'e made some excellent tactics for a standard home tactic, standard away, defensive, control and attack and im having excellent results with Man City (dont say its easy as they're a big team - You are wrong).

Ive been getting results like a 2-1 home win against top of the league Chelsea (shock horror not Arsenal!) and a 5-1 away win against Newcastle.

So far played 22 games in all competitions, won 19, drew 2 and lost one in the league cup semi's against Liverpool. 95% of all goals conceded are from set-pieces so I think ive susses how to stop 'the game' scoring ;). Ive scored 52 and conceded only 4.

Since ive tweaked my tactics and am now happy with them, I heven't conceded any long shots, no long balls from the opposition keeper and any other of the mentioned 'bugs'.

Mahoosive tip - You need to be playing your back line with man marking loose NOT tight.

I was the person to originally say 'its your tactics'.

Then I gave up and blamed the game.

Now I really do know 'its your tactics' :o.

Iv'e made some excellent tactics for a standard home tactic, standard away, defensive, control and attack and im having excellent results with Man City (dont say its easy as they're a big team - You are wrong).

Ive been getting results like a 2-1 home win against top of the league Chelsea (shock horror not Arsenal!) and a 5-1 away win against Newcastle.

So far played 22 games in all competitions, won 19, drew 2 and lost one in the league cup semi's against Liverpool. 95% of all goals conceded are from set-pieces so I think ive susses how to stop 'the game' scoring ;). Ive scored 52 and conceded only 4.

Since ive tweaked my tactics and am now happy with them, I heven't conceded any long shots, no long balls from the opposition keeper and any other of the mentioned 'bugs'.

Mahoosive tip - You need to be playing your back line with man marking loose NOT tight.

Please try to explain where is the fun if football when only scoring from set pieces?,that aint football anymore!!

It seems pretty clear to me that our players are less efficient in front of goal than the AI's. There is a very obvious and very good reason for this.

If we had the same efficiency as the AI to score with our more flexible tactics and ability to really fine tune things, we'd win 15-0 with stat sheets like the guy with 25 shots on goal or whatever.

The AI gets a bump and yes it can be frustrating but people are STILL winning leagues when picked to be relegated. They are still winning in Europe with inferior teams.

I guess people just need to learn to play.

The game is just fantastic!!!!

I'm with milan, i did my own tactic(4-1-2-2-1). I was struggling the 2 or 3 months but i said to myself " I'm new here, they need to know me, they need to understand want i want, the tactic, the training, know eachother with the new players(Kranjcar, Thiago Silva and Rakitic) " and then bammmm!!!!

Amazing run, 16 wins in a row!!!i was 13 points under Inter and now i'm 1 point over them!!!

I just love this game, really...Sure there are bugs but which game doesn't have them???

Well, the problem is. That my striker was actually very good. High finishing, technique, pace, composure. So this shouldnt have anything to do with big teams or not. I just think the difference in FM is WAY to big. I easely won the league and the dutch cup with Ajax. But ANY other team I take I miss EVERY big chance I get.

I'm going to try ONE more time. If it doesnt work, the game is gone.

I find that I'm usually more efficient in front of the goal than the AI teams. Not sure exactly why.

I have to admit that I don't fully understand the game. My team is not really gelled ("blending well together"), several players are unhappy because I refused to let them go to bigger clubs. Player quality is decent, but nothing against the big hitters in Serie A. My team talks are probably around average. Even so, we are 4th with a relegation tipped team. My strikers do NOT have stellar stats, but they still bang in the goals. I usually use a very attacking tactics and go flat out.

milanconsenzakz3.jpg

Well, the problem is. That my striker was actually very good. High finishing, technique, pace, composure. So this shouldnt have anything to do with big teams or not. I just think the difference in FM is WAY to big. I easely won the league and the dutch cup with Ajax. But ANY other team I take I miss EVERY big chance I get.

I'm going to try ONE more time. If it doesnt work, the game is gone.

Mate,

I was the first one to kick off about the game BUT it really is you and not the game.

There is the odd glitch here and there, but overall the game is great.

Embarrasingly I have slagged the game off on here * (It does get very very frustrating when something ridiculous happens - But you can counter it and stop it happening). I wish I hadn't now and feel silly :o

* Hands up

The game is just fantastic!!!!

I'm with milan, i did my own tactic(4-1-2-2-1). I was struggling the 2 or 3 months but i said to myself " I'm new here, they need to know me, they need to understand want i want, the tactic, the training, know eachother with the new players(Kranjcar, Thiago Silva and Rakitic) " and then bammmm!!!!

Amazing run, 16 wins in a row!!!i was 13 points under Inter and now i'm 1 point over them!!!

I just love this game, really...Sure there are bugs but which game doesn't have them???

Thiago Silva is awesome, i got him on the first season and he is my best defender, he is playing even better than Sakho and Richards!

Still, can someone comment on my game against my barcelona? Am i just unlucky, the AI cheated against me or i have some problem in my tactics? I use a 4-1-1-2-1 with high tempo, i usually create a lot of chances, especially against strong teams, and at that match, Victor Váldez only had a rating of something like 7.1. What i cant understand is that this happens too frequently, but much more frequently against weaker teams, im still winning games because Kaká and Gourcuff are scoring a lot, so it's not morale.

I would like to appeal to neckus and RaptorJesus to not look at your shots, but instead on your CLEAR CUT CHANCES.

Both of you have less than 5.

On a good day, you will score from all. On a bad day, you will miss all.

I was playing a short and slow tempo in the EPL and had lots of possession and shots, but my CCC was only 1 or 2. I tried a direct approach, and had more CCC, thus more goals.

I'm sorry I can't help much as I'm not really a tactical guru. However, I tried a different approach to increase my CCC and have been getting better results since.

For ACMilanBra, the problem is Barcelona are losing on aggregate and they have nothing to lose! They will attack aggressively to try to turn the result.

To be honest, I'm having difficulty in this aspect too. Sometimes, I just can't stop the opposition from attacking, but I guess that this happens IRL too.

In matches, when the team you are supporting are just defending and you scream at them to start to attack to relieve the pressure of the defence, but they just find it hard to get control of the match. So as a manager, you have to help them relieve the pressure by playing 1 more DMC or defender.

I would like to appeal to neckus and RaptorJesus to not look at your shots, but instead on your CLEAR CUT CHANCES.

Both of you have less than 5.

On a good day, you will score from all. On a bad day, you will miss all.

I was playing a short and slow tempo in the EPL and had lots of possession and shots, but my CCC was only 1 or 2. I tried a direct approach, and had more CCC, thus more goals.

I'm sorry I can't help much as I'm not really a tactical guru. However, I tried a different approach to increase my CCC and have been getting better results since.

For ACMilanBra, the problem is Barcelona are losing on aggregate and they have nothing to lose! They will attack aggressively to try to turn the result.

To be honest, I'm having difficulty in this aspect too. Sometimes, I just can't stop the opposition from attacking, but I guess that this happens IRL too.

In matches, when the team you are supporting are just defending and you scream at them to start to attack to relieve the pressure of the defence, but they just find it hard to get control of the match. So as a manager, you have to help them relieve the pressure by playing 1 more DMC or defender.

Still what i dont get is how they can score 3 from 1 clean cut against Akinfeev and i cant score with 5 clean cuts, and its not only in this match, ill see if i can post other screens of results like this.

I seem to be getting beat by 25, 35, 40, yard goals a lot. Also having tons of the play and not scoring. But am gonna keep plugging away. Also a lot of players are getting injured a lot. Even when i am keeping an eye on players condition, still happens.

Well for my two pence worth, I think the ME is terrible and the ball physics while good on the whole are insane when it comes to powerful shots rebounding 50 yards etc. That's all I'm going to say on that. ;)

If you want to win good the first couple of seasons you need to build a tactic that suits your squad not a squad to suit your tactics - as this takes time and you won't get much of that at the top level. Build/buy for the future and look to adapt your game as you gain leagues/ai changes its approach against you.

Clear cut chances are the object imho. SOT is a meaningless stat that doesnt really help you decide if you are doing right or not.

Aim to build a tactic that gives you squad more clear cut chances than the ai and you'll be doing ok. I play a narrow diamond, high pressing (close down everyone except strikers always) counter attacking game with my fast poacher on the shoulder of the last defender and some creative midfielders with good decisions and technique/passing. Very much a one trick pony, but it works because thats what I have to work with.

Trying to shoe horn players in a tactical approach won't work very well. And all out attack or the excessively defensive or offensive tactics people post on these forums and say are amazing and they won everything with them with Chelsea or Man City etc are also one trick ponies. :thup:

Even with great tactics the AI always seems to be better. Their FC always seems to have perfect off the ball and always manages to be in the right place to bang home the cross or a yard faster than your fastests center back etc. Its not much fun right now.

And like I said - you can do everything right and still lose or draw:

clearcutrk6.jpg

I find that I'm usually more efficient in front of the goal than the AI teams. Not sure exactly why.

I have to admit that I don't fully understand the game. My team is not really gelled ("blending well together"), several players are unhappy because I refused to let them go to bigger clubs. Player quality is decent, but nothing against the big hitters in Serie A. My team talks are probably around average. Even so, we are 4th with a relegation tipped team. My strikers do NOT have stellar stats, but they still bang in the goals. I usually use a very attacking tactics and go flat out.

milanconsenzakz3.jpg

i have something to share, when your players are offered by bigger clubs and the agent said that the players want to be able to discuss with them, simply offer the players new contract ( even if the players doesnt accept the contract in the end ) and do not reject the offer until your players are considering your contract offer..after that, you will see that the "players want to be able to discuss with the club" is gone and you can reject the offer..

don't think its a bug..but it helps playing with small teams..

Still what i dont get is how they can score 3 from 1 clean cut against Akinfeev and i cant score with 5 clean cuts, and its not only in this match, ill see if i can post other screens of results like this.

Yes, I know these things happened.

It has happened to me this season too :(

However, I have some matches that I shoot once and score once and the opposition finds it hard to score against me.

Think its due to Karma lol :)

60ef8.th.jpg

Its matches like this that make me believe that luck plays an important part sometimes!

Imho, we should not find excuses and hide behind it for the problems with strikers. Although real life managers (especially Wenger) is proficient at blaming everything when things go wrong. So we can only blame game engine.

But think of it, have you given yourself enough chances to succeed. Granted you tried every tactic, i suppose most of us have done that with mixed successes, but that does NOT GUARANTEE success, if not there would be no point buying a game to play. You buy a game to play to enjoy, not to get guaranteed wins to boost ego. I've played other games in other genres, in clan wars, and really, no matter how long you play, it does not guarantee you'd be a pro. I've played against people who play for 3 years, but when loses, they whine and blame everything from the game to their opponent. But they were ultimately the ones to be blamed for not practicing as rigourously as they ought to before challenging my clan for a war.

In short, I tend to agree with Les Grodins's view on tactics is the one to be blamed. I'm honestly quite put off by the never-ending accusation of game engine and bugs for failures. I am not dominating as much as some of the brothers here, but i'm not exactly laying blame on the feet of SI or the bugs.

Besides, no one forced you to buy the game.

So Nitewalk I guess you are enjoying the unrealistic ME?. And are you enjoying the long balls by the GK's onto the heads of strikers? Or how about the 3 goal comeback in 3 minutes? And how about those wingers with 10 and 11 for pace and acceleration burning down the flanks and passing a great cross onto the head of a striker who cant jump and has finishing skills of about 7?. And how about those awesome 25 shots for 1 goal to the AI's 3 shots for 3 goals. Should I go no? I agree I don;t want to win everything I expect to work hard but **** like that just ruins the game.

Come on, chill man no one enjoys unrealistic match engines, but i played another manager game in recent years, i forgot was it FIFA manager or player manger or what. The 3D match was far more atrocious than FM. Lol. :D

But so far i did not encounter much of bad experience with keeper dropping long ball on striker heads, maybe i don play long ball tactics i suppose. More like Almunia gifting Tevez a free goal recently when Tevez robbed Almunia while Almunia was dwelling on the ball and Tevez duly scores. Was loving every moment of watching Almunia being robbed. lol.

I've got to say, without sounding too whiny, i am now on the verge of quitting!

I cannot pretend to understand FM at all anymore?

I go from watching my team playing the most wonderful football and winning 4-0 here, 3-0 there and scoring goals for fun whilst looking solid at the back, to not even being able to muster a single shot at goal and watching my defence make the most ridiculous elementary of errors, all within a few games of each other.

I'm just going to keep an eye out i think and wait for somebody to crack the game? not my ideal way to play, but i dont see what other choice i have tbh?

I'm sorry that the match happened to you.

I too, had some matches like these. Just had a 1-1 draw at home to WBA.

My defender cleared the ball which rebounds off my midfielder's back and the opposition's striker just picked it up for a free shot on goal. :(

Well, maybe somedays luck is just against you?

Try to be patient, have faith in your tactics and players and keep working hard at it.

Be a Steve Bruce. Even though his Wigan team were losing, they were playing well. Now they just beaten Blackburn 3-0 and are on the rise.

Hopefully things will turn out well for you.

Good job on creating that many CCCs. If possible, try to look at all the goals you concede this season and see if there is a weak link behind them.

I thought the introduction of Clear Cut Chances, was to show those people complaining about outshooting their opponent game after game and still drawing/losing, that although they were indeed having a lot of chances, the chances they were making were NOT very good.

The thing is, i have lost 4 in just the 13 games i've played so far, in which i have had the most CCC's in the match and guess how many points i have picked up in games where i have had less CCC's?

Archived