The 2008/09 Juliano Belletti thread

macca69

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Im pretty much ignoring the Lampard situation for now, because you cant know what speculation is true and what isnt. So for now, I'll just wait patiently until we hear something definitive, and then itll become apparant what was and what wasnt true.

Would still be shocked, dissapointed and sad if Lampard left, but not hugely surprised.

Surprised there has been nothing on one of our right backs. Belletti the most likely due to Paulo's new contract. We surely can't be keeping all 3?

Unless we pushed Belletti forward onto the right wing maybe. He's certainly got the ability. He was beating players in the first and last minute of games last season, and it was incredible the amount of fullbacks he got around by just playing it past them and running onto it. A good crosser of the ball too. Certainly a possibility.

I am seriously beginning to believe that we will not sign anyone this season. We need two fast wingers and a striker. 2nd best season again.

still six weeks left of the window tbf. I wish there was some transfer speculation to keep us entertained mind you, but I'm not worried yet.

If at the end of August, we haven't signed anyone then I'll worry.

Wouldn't even be too worried at that, unless we had several major departures. We're looking good imo already. Anything else is just finishing touches.

Cech                 

Boswinga   Terry      Carvalho    Cole

Essien      Mikel           

Some sort of weird  attacking midfield
using 3 of  Ballack, Lamps, Cole, Deco

Drogba                

Is a team capable of challenging for everything without a doubt. Quality players like Alex, Paulo, Anelka on the bench too. Hoping the 7 subs rule will see more youth products getting their chance on the bench too this season. From Juni's site it seems that Mancienne and Sinclair are obviously closest, but there's a couple of others that could figure too. Jack Cork maybe?

Having looked at that I'm actually more confident than before. The only worry is we may become too narrow again. It didn't work last time. I would say 'mon a world class right winger, Ribery :(, but that would probably restrict Ballack to a more defensive role alongside Essien. It would be good to have the option then.

A really top right winger and I think we're looking at one of the best midfields around tbh.

Just for information, Adriano scored 17 goals in 26 matches for São Paulo, and played quite well, my guess would be he is recovered, and with his phisical ability and style of play would be an amazing adition to english football.

You see Mikel as a defensive midfielder? I've always seen him as a more attacking player tbh. His creativity and distribution is excellent.

Well he's usually played in that holding role position and whilst his positioning isn't at that expertise level of Maka's yet, he does offer a lot more going forward. His passing is, as you say, very good and he does hold a greater physical presence than Maka so he's got a lot going for him. It really all depends on how Scolari sets us up but I imagine Maka will play ever fewer games this year, should he not leave for PSG as has been mentioned.

Don't see the need to take the risk on Ronaldinho myself to be honest. Little chance he will become the player he once was. Like I said. If we offered him half of what Man City are rumoured to have offered him and he chose to come here, it might be different. Would mean he's chosen the club for footballing reasons, not monetary.

I've always loved Adriano myself, think he's got fantastic ability and would suit the league well. Can't see us playing two up front much with Scolari in charge though. Seems people have somewhat forgiven Drogba for his antics and behaviour last season. Can't see why myself...

Think it's more that the rumours surrounding Drogba have slowed down a fair bit, doesn't seem so certain that he will be leaving now. People are starting to think about next seasons squad and are involving him, which seemed almost unthinkable a month ago. Wouldn't say people have necessarily forgotten his antics.

lampard is more than fbbbbbbbbbbbb but i just want him to come out and say he wants to stay tbh. im annoyed with him because he kisses the badge yet demands above £120,000 a week. I cant see Deco netting 15 goals next season (hope im wrong)

• Administrators

Lampard's gone, have more than accepted it, get a headache when trying to work out what we do if he stays.

I have no problem with Drogba, and never really did. So he got sent off in the CL Final, big deal. Not the reason we lost.

I think that Lampard situation has just gone on far too long. Would love him to stay but can't see it.

Drogba can ****. He's only interested in himself. But the question is how do we replace him if he goes? Our record with strikers hasn't been great in the past has it?

Waiting for the first big transfer of the summer still. Got a funny feeling it won't be us for some reason, doesn't seem to be anything much to buy.

Waiting for the first big transfer of the summer still. Got a funny feeling it won't be us for some reason, doesn't seem to be anything much to buy.

I think we could do with a winger or two and a world class striker. Depends on Scolaris formation ofc.

The players i want us to sign are: David Silva, David Villa, Adriano and Robinho. Would leave us with a world beating side:

-------------Cech-----------

Bosingwa - Terry-Carvalho-A. Cole

--------Essien----Lampard---

Robinho-------------------D. Silva

--------Drogba/Adriano/Villa-----

2 of them strikers obviously. That leaves us with a bench of: Cudicini, Bridge, Ivanvic, Joey Cole,Kalou,(one of the strikers and deco or ballack.

Obviously a dream :D

Am watching Premierships Greatest Foreigners and Claude has just appeared at number 9. Showed that Charlton goal from the link :*). The recognition he gets is thoroughly deserved and he's just such a likeable guy, he even has his own position ffs, such a hero. :(

Some news from today:

Didier Drogba will be offered a huge new deal to keep him at Chelsea for life as new boss Luiz Felipe Scolari is desperate to hold on to the striker. (The Sun)
Chelsea target Robinho is set to join the Blues for £48m after the Real Madrid forward claimed it would be a dream to work with Scolari. (Various)
However, Chelsea have reportedly made a last-ditch attempt to hijack AC Milan's £18m deal for Ronaldinho, with Scolari making a personal call to the Barcelona playmaker on Monday. (The Sun)
It is a busy time at Stamford Bridge, with Portsmouth boss Harry Redknapp closing in on the £5m signing of Chelsea and England left-back Wayne Bridge. (Daily Mirror)

Surprised there has been nothing on one of our right backs. Belletti the most likely due to Paulo's new contract. We surely can't be keeping all 3?

Bridge out, Paulo as back-up left back and Belletti and Ivanovic as right back is my prediction, assuming Ivanovic will be used as a right-back at all.

Mon ability to edit posts \o/

I reckon we will get him for around £25 million. He's good but not £48 million good. Chelsea will be able to offer less due to the fact Madrid need money for C. Ronaldo (hopefully). Also looks like we may get Ronaldinho.

Bridge out, Paulo as back-up left back and Belletti and Ivanovic as right back is my prediction, assuming Ivanovic will be used as a right-back at all.

Mon ability to edit posts \o/

You're forgetting Bosingwa. Cole/Paulo at left back if Bridge goes, Bosingwa/Belletti at right back. Ivanovic to replace Ben Haim at centre half cover imo.

With regards to Robinho, there is no chance we would pay £48 million for him. Graham Hunter on SSN reckons we have a very good chance of getting him, but I cant imagine it will be anywhere near that fee, thats just Real Madrid spouting more rubbish. Have read reports that we have already agreed personal terms with him and his agent and Robinho has been talking about how he would love to join up with Scolari at Chelsea. A lot will depend on whether Ronaldo moves to Madrid.

Not been in here for some time but browsed the page to see what general consensus is. As someone was asking and didn't see full response, Lamps was offered 2, Inter said they'd give him 4, Chelsea matched 4, Lamps said he wanted 5. Dissapointing to say the least.

At the start of the summer I said Lampard, should he leave, would go with my blessing and the respect of most of the fans. But these long drawn out processes do little for anyone reputation.

As for Drogba, I see some people have no issues with him but personally I'd like nothing more than to see him naff off and we buy and adequate replacement. Does not look likely to happen though in fairness does it. Just don't like Drogba's attitude full-stop and I find myself disliking such players more and more.

You're forgetting Bosingwa. Cole/Paulo at left back if Bridge goes, Bosingwa/Belletti at right back.

Ferreira is not good enough for right-back so he certainly should not be covering for left-back in my view.

if RONALDO does move then what ?

Ronaldo won't move now. Real Madrid might want him but to buy him with him out till October and out with injury would be crazy talk and I think this story will begin to fade.

Okkas, that certainly wasn't my preference, would much much rather have Cole and Bridge as the left back options. Just think that seems to be the way we are moving towards. Haven't heard anything about Belletti leaving and Paulo signed a new contract a little while back, Bridge is the only one with whispers that he's heading out the door.

RONALDO said that his injury will not effect his transfer and i think he's right which to me means Robinho will be playing for UNITED

i think real talking about 45 milion as his price is all part of the ronaldo deal

Archived