The 2008/09 Juliano Belletti thread

macca69

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Game against Chengdu Blades is just about to start, couple of changes from the previous games.

1 Petr Cech

20 Paulo Ferreira

33 Alex

26 John Terry ©

3 Ashley Cole

8 Frank Lampard

5 Michael Essien

20 Deco

24 Shaun Wright-Phillips

39 Nicolas Anelka

21 Salomon Kalou.

Subs: 23 Carlo Cudicini, 40 Hilario, 2 Branislav Ivanovic, 6 Ricardo Carvalho, 18 Wayne Bridge, 12 John Mikel Obi 10 Joe Cole, 15 Florent Malouda, 36 Franco Di Santo.

Scott Sinclair has also flown out to join up with the squad after his England duty, whilst Bosingwa has returned to Cobham for treatment.

Say the Malaysian XI are pretty gash aswell, will the two decent games in Russia be enough 'proper' tests before the season begins? Would ideally like to see at least one more game of high quality before the season starts. I know pre-season is primarily about increasing fitness levels but proper match fitness/sharpness will be far better developed in sterner tests.

I'll still wear my belletti shirt with pride even if he does leave us. such a dude.

so the next question is whose name to get on the new kit? it's a toss up between a.cole, j.cole and essien atm.

Ashley Cole. Save Essien for a Ghana shirt imo. Want to get a Chelsea shirt with Ballack on the back but I might just do Germany instead, quite like the red and black away shirt.

Matt - I went for Essien this season, I almost went for Ricky but didn't want to look silly in case there was some truth to the speculation and he left, also saw a couple of kids with Deco on theirs this morning, one with the home kit and one with the black away shirt which which I really like and am very tempted to invest in and pretty confident it will now be safe to get Carvalho on the back.

Interesting to read Scolari saying he's not gonna be shy about blooding some of the into youngsters into the team this season and "What difference does it make if it's the Champions League or Carling Cup?" unless its a final or semi final but very encouraging me thinks.

Also said the team will be built around six or seven key men with rotation amongst the rest so I'm assuming that 6 or 7 is dependent on what happens with Lampard and Drogba and anyone who arrives, its gonna be an interesting next month.

i have developed a soft spot for Chelsea as i've visited their ground more than any others....I really wonder how the Midfield will line up, if it's a DMC - CM - CM who the heck will get in, Deco Lampard, Ballack, Obi, Essien it's a RUM DO

Lampard is off. Essien, Deco and Ballack I guess with Mikel rotating in and out.

Archived