The 2008/09 Juliano Belletti thread

macca69

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Two rumours today that would be awesome for Sinclair and Mancienne respectively. Malouda off to Newcastle and Paulo Ferreira off to West Ham. Would not shed a tear for either of them. Paulo is more than capable tbf, but with Boswinga here he'll only ever be backup. Might as well have a more youthful backup.

Signing Robinho should make sure Malouda gets very little playing time anyway, so I'll go with Robinho > Malouda.

But its a close call.

Robinho's all but signed for Manchester City anyway :D Which oddly enough I'm not too fussed about tbh, would obviously rather we had signed him but I certainly won't be losing any sleep over it.

talking of looking arrogant, Kenyon has looked like an absolute tit in this whole saga.

Managed to **** up the transfers yet again. Like the jose jan window, not getting a striker/attacker this time will leave us trailing in second place.

Found out after three games, like the old days again, almost!

• Administrators
ah but they were our youngest youngsters. ;)

anyone half decent is already in the first team.

18, 18, 16, 19, 19 (just, by 2 days), 19, 17, 18, 18, 19, 30 (subs 18, 19, 19)

That's not exactly old youngsters, one 16 year-old apiece, very similar for my money.

Not buying it that Robinho joins Man C. For sure Madrid will have accepted such an offer, but why would Robinho want to make a last minute snap decision to join Man C, when he wanted to join Chelsea (and Scolari) all along? Would really surprise me.

According to the press, all thats necessary for a transer is for the clubs to agree a price though, everyone automatically assuming the player wants as well, but Im still to actually read that last part anywhere.

Some info for Juni, a bit out of the blue, so his chelsea youth & reserves website can be updated: Haron Solomon (under-16s midfielder) was born on 04/11/1991. I rather randomly came across his profile on one of those social networking sites when looking to update my FM database.

I think you have to look at the Kenyon their really. Hes really ****ed us by not having a back up plan. Robinho should of been signed two or three weeks ago. We are now left as eiother Joe Cole or Malouda as wide men. Anelka and Drogba up front with Kalou is only going to be a top four team. We will have to rely on goals from Midfield and that is that. Really disappointed.

You look at United now. What a front line of Rooney, Tevez, Berbatov and Ronaldo they have.

Yeah this is all a massive over reaction imo. More than happy with the front line of

Drogba

J. Cole    Lampard     Deco

Can compete with anyone in the world with that. Especially when they are backed up by players with the quality of Essien, Ballack, Mikel all supporting them from deeper. We have one of the most impressive front 5/6 players in the world. Sure Robinho would have been nice, and an improvement. Not really £32.5mil better like City paid. Finally Chelsea are showing we're not just going to be mugged off because we have the money, and I'm happy.

The first few games have shown our frailty up front. We didn't look at all threatening once we'd scored against spuds or Wigan.

They didn't seem to know what to do with the ball. I'm concerned as we don't seem to have a killer instinct.

The options up front are extremely limited to sulky anelka or drogba, who we all know needs to be in the right mood. Sure, the midfield is the best in the world but it can't do everything.

I can see where your coming from Poyple, just upset we didnt sign him tbh. I think though our squad needs more improvement than what it has been. I honestly dont think we have what it takes to win the CL this year. Especially with Utds improvement.

You think Robinho would have been the answer to frailties up top? More than confident in both Anelka and Drogba's abilities. Wigan are always a pain in the arse for us. We struggled against them last season. As for Spurs, well that was just a dire game all round. I'd suggest giving it more than 3 games before writing off Anelka and someone who hasn't even played yet.

United haven't improved anywhere except up front where they already had Tevez and Rooney. We've improved our worst position with the signing of Boswinga, and added that bit of flair to the midfield with Deco. I think the ability in our squad as increased far more than the ability in the United squad.

Player for Player we're better than them. Just need Scolari to get it going on the pitch.

Archived