The 2008/09 Juliano Belletti thread

macca69

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The reason it has been overturned was because Halsey said it was 'Serious foul play' which it wasn't. If he said it was for a professional foul, he probably would of had the decision upheld. Halsey sent him off for the wrong reason.

Halsey looks massively overweight tbh.

Posted this over on the otherside and cba to write anything new out again.

haha, that was magic. Bordeaux were poor no doubt, but we were really good again. Especially in the first half, Boswinga and Cole were great attacking down the flanks, Boswinga in particular put in three fantastic crosses. The one for our first was just inch perfect. Lampard just walked into the header basically. Nice header from Joey Cole for the 2nd too.

Our third goal was just awesome, Mikel casually waltzes past two or three players, lays it off to Lampard who sends a lovely back heel through to Malouda. Fair play to Malouda it was a good finish, and he put in one really top cross tonight that flew across the edge of the 6 yard box. Generally quite poor again though, probably the poorest Chelsea player on the pitch that actually had to do anything.

Anelka deserved his goal imo, was good up top all night. Does so much more than he gets credit for, draws defenders deep and wide and all over the show basically. Belletti's shot such an utter rasper too. He's a bit cult imo :cool:

Mikel was a lot better today I think. Made a couple of poor passes early on but really grew into the game and his role in the third goal was great. Popped up again on the left wing later, then literally 30 seconds later was making a timely interception on the edge of our own area. Such a great work rate for stoppage time football. A few of his passes in the final third were either incredible, or mere inches from being incredible. Deco a little subdued too, good to see Ballack getting some pitch time.

Brilliant performance tonight, every player had a good game (even Malouda), 3rd goal was absolutely immense and looked relatively comfortable at the back.

Cech - Nothing to do all night, passing was good though.

Bosingwa - Immense first half, calmed a bit in 2nd half, amazing cross for Lampards goal.

Cole - Same as Bosingwa, was bombing forward all the time and had no problems defending.

JT - Nothing much to do, very comfortable

Ricky - Best defender in world in my opinion, cant see anyone better than him, simply awesome.

Mikel - Brilliant tonight, was everywhere, his run for 3rd goal was immense as well.

Deco - Prob our poorest player tonight, some poor misplaced passes.

Lampard - Awesome as well, lovely run for first goal, should have had another as well.

Joey - Very good game as well, great flick header for 2nd goal.

Malouda - Looked decent for a change, nice finish for 3rd goal and put a great cross in as well in 2nd half.

Anelka - Worked very hard and deserved the goal at the end, movement was very good.

Wont bother doing subs, Ballack had some nice passes but was looking for the killer ball as we were so comfortable, Belletti \o/ is all i have to say, Kalou didnt do much, great start though with Cluj winning as well.

Malouda didn't play that badly, however he still shows an absolute unwillingness to even attempt to beat his man, i'm sure i've seen him take people on for france and he's not bad at it, so why won't he do it for us?

Still, at least today he moved the ball on a bit more quickly, too often he's caused things to slow down as he dawdles on the ball.

• Administrators

I don't like our fans on CL nights, group anyway. None of the regulars were around me, surrounded by chavs or posh kids sounding odd telling Mikel to "hit one" from 40 yards all the time. Then getting Ten German Bombers from the back of Gate 13/14, ignorant WHO ARE YA/WHOOOO? at any of the Bordeaux players and "those French, they like to dive a bit don't they?", just frustrates me. As does "stand up if you hate Tottenham" when we're playing Bordeaux ffs.

Mongos around me stared chanted 'Attack, Attack ... Attack Attack Attack' during the second half. How ****ing inane can some people be, were groaning every time we went forward and didn't score or get a shot on goal. Nearly turned and screamed when a couple of guys begind me made some snide comments about Mikel and his 'one-dimensional play'.

Gourcouff had a good game I thought.

Mikel really looking the part, especially on his rare runs forward. I thought Malouda was excellent last night in actual fact. Anelka could of give him a cut back late in 2nd half after some wonderful movement.

Understand the qualms about moronic fans but hey not everyone has a decent brain

I was at front of west lower and I thought Malouda was poor first half, was right infront of me. Second half he played much better put in a few crosses and got a good goal. For me Anelka didnt play well again, looking forward to Drogba returning. Bosingwa is class... stand up if you hate Tottenham was pretty annoying.

what the directive from FIFA saying that a Straight Red Card should only be rescinded if it wasn't a bookable offence.

Terry's challenge was not a red card, but it certainly was a yellow card. So I think the proof is that 35% of people are not fully understanding of the rules.

I'm not going to go into this in depth - read all the guthrie thread and it is explained there several times why it was perfectly within the rules.

• Administrators

For the first time this season, some Giles Smith:

If...you left early to beat the rush, have a word with yourself. There is no rush so bad that it warrants missing the sight of Belletti trying to cane one in just for the hell of it from a distance of 40 yards.

Belletti is magic.

We seemed to play well when we had Wilkins in our old team (going downhill when Rix came back), it's a decent appointment. He's no Clarke though, West Ham have pulled an absolute blinder in getting him. Why Juni/Philip Rolfe always rated him so low in FM I'll never know, he was clearly one of the most capable ass mans in England (probably Europe, but I don't know many outside our borders!)

"My players are thinking that they will mark him very well but there is Tevez, Rooney, O'Shea, Hargreaves, Nani, Berbatov. They have a beautiful team, a fantastic team, and this is a big game. The players are prepared for this."

excellent :D

Archived