The 2008/09 Juliano Belletti thread

macca69

According to Murtosa, Mineiro is very close to joining Chelsea. :D

I am sure Felipão will help him become a good player again. The side effect is that if it happens, Dunga will probably call him up again. :(

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrators

Well yeah, Jan Sebek is awesome, and massive :cool:

Anyway, more Belletti ifbness

He said: “What can we do better? More control of the ball. More touches on the ball. More time with the ball.

“I’ve seen the analysis of the Bordeaux game from my staff and what I said afterwards was a reality. After I put Belletti on, we controlled the game better.

“I want more possession of the ball, more control of the ball, more tranquillity

• Administrators

We were shocking today. Scolari's been banging on about keeping the ball, more touches, but it never happened, just conceded possession too easily. Clueless in attack and a lack of movement.

Mikel played very well in possession for me, and Alex filled in well for Ricky, although if Ricky's out for any length of time we're screwed. Riley was shocking, he made it about him very early on and both teams bit, United got too aggressive in their approach to us in possession and talked back too much, and our crowd got riled and it affected the team a bit.

At least the home record gets a +1 though.

We were soo sterile going forward today, seemed like we had no idea what to do with the ball. Today was the first time i've been really frustrated by Anelka, although I thought he looked better when he had Drogbas presence alongside him. Special miss though. Bosingwa seemed scared to go at Evra and Park, tended to look for Cole and other supporting players, was dissapointed with that. And our delivery/final ball was on the whole ********.

Mikel looked so assured throughout, really blossoming this year. Alex was very solid when he came on and made a fantastic block, thought JT was a little shaky at times today. Kalou is developing a super habit of scoring important goals so am delighted for him as he's been on the fringes so far this term.

Thought the goal wasn't going to come so i'm reasonably happy with the draw. Bar the first twenty, when United ripped us a new arsehole, I thought we dominated. United only really threatened late on when the game became stretched. Ronaldos dive was great though.

Riley was an absolute mess, every time a player got close to another player, he gave a free kick (the lampard on ronaldo "free kick" being the most laughable) similarly Utd can feel hard done by as a fair few of their bookings weren't really warranted (although neville was very lucky to not get a red).

As for chelsea....i'm glad malouda went at half time, he was utterly dismal. Anelka didn't do much except miss one of the easiest chances i've seen.

Crossing was woeful in general, some exceptions, but the only passable crosses in the first half came from anelka, which defeated the point really as lamps and ballack were marking each other practically.

MOM to mikel (alex coming a close second) was composed throughout and we never really looked like struggling through the middle. Not sure why park got mom, aside from his goal he contributed very little of note, yes he tracked back, but surely doing your job isn't MOM worthy?

Agree with the above, if roman hasn't figured out that we need a striker and a winger then he needs his bloody head examining.

I'm hoping that halftime substitution was Scolari realising what a ******** Malouda is. Either that or a lengthy injury. Not wishing injury on him, I'd prefer the first, but if he was injured then I couldn't care less. Kalou to start the next game with Sinclair on the bench. It was actually embarrassing to see us have a 3 on 2 counter attack and him slowing the attack down before passing to Rio Ferdinand.

Mikel very good again. Aside from one or two tackles that he should have been stronger in he did really well. Was great to see him realising Lampard and Ballack were being ineffective so stepping up the offensive side of his game. Cech should have done better with the goal, Anelka was poor in the first half, Joe Cole pretty anonymous in the 2nd half.

Nice to see Cristiano Ronaldo come on and dive within 2 minutes. Premiership certainly has missed him.

Wow...I guess I might be the only one who thought that wasn't bad from us. United set up well and played well, and once they got the early goal, you could see how it was going to go. We settled down after that and I thought we were pretty good in possession, just lacked a cutting edge. Anelka shows flashes, but just looks like he has zero confidence and fully expects to warm the bench for the rest of the season (which he likely will once Didier's fully fit). Malouda is...well, Malouda. If we're going to play this formation, Kalou should start. It seems as though only Salomon and Bosingwa are willing to run at people, and I wonder if that's not something the likes of Joe Cole are being told to work on (keeping possession versus taking their man on). Joe chooses the lateral or backward pass far more than he used to, and that's frustrating to watch.

I thought Riley performed well, too. In light of the Respect campaign and the usual shenanigans that go on when we play United, this was a game everybody was watching to see how it would play out. I thought all the yellows were deserved, under those circumstances, and there probably should have been one more for Joe towards he end of the game.

A draw was a frustrating result because the points were clearly there for the taking, but we lacked in the final third, United set their stall out well to get a result, and it was always going to be a niggly, awkward game. I can live with 1-1, myself.

Hopefully Mineiro will be the new Belletti, where everyone (myself included) expected him to be terrible but he turned out to be a Samba Sensation (yes, I am aware that sounds like something an advertising executive might make up). I don't really know anything about him (Mineiro) so I'll reserve judgement until I see him. I don't see him getting near the first team often though, more as an emergency reserve in the absence of our having any youngsters in midfield who are ready to make the step up.

I'm actually quite pleased with the 1-1 today, I'll see how we played on the highlights later but I had a bad feeling beforehand about the game as I expected Utd to be galvinised by their bad recent form and want to prove a point against us. Even so early on in the season we're in a very strong position as Arsenal usually crumble by February and the Scouse are being as schizophrenic as ever.

I think that was the most I have shouted at my TV for ages, Anelka and Malouda frustrated me so much at times, I think I am so annoyed with them now whatever they do isnt good enough. Anelka cant lead the line as the lone striker, I reckon Di Santo could do a better job. Kalou for me should always start ahead of Malouda.

• Administrators

Right, so Carling Cup team. I reckon

Carlo, Ferreira, Mancienne, Terry, Bridge, Mikel, Ballack, Lampard, Sinclair, Kalou, Di Santo/Drogba

It's tough to call, Scolari won't know of the trends of the CC, so Wilkins will be advising of that, basically comes down to what Ray thinks of it :D

Ricky's injured, so Alex needs to rest, Mancienne good enough to play, so debut him alongside JT for leadership. The three in midfield basically picks itself with everyone else injured, otherwise you're looking at Bridcutt/Tejera and I'm not sure they're ready. Sinclair has to play, Kalou gets a chance after scoring, then it's Di Santo or Didier if the latter needs match fitness.

Would love to see Mancienne and Sinclair start. Hopefully Scolari realises just how awful Portsmouth have been and gives them a chance. Was interesting to see what Belletti said about Tejera recently, but I'd agree with him having little chance of making an appearance given he hasn't even sat on the bench for us before.

Also Phil, is it possible to add something to the player profiles on your blog site? Just a date underneath their names that shows the latest you've updated it. Often I can't remember which ones I've read, and can't tell if changes have been made, so it would be pretty good to know which ones have been updated since my last visit to it :thup:

• Administrators

I totally forgot about Ivanovic. Can't be blamed, but I bet he'll play and Mancienne won't.

Mancienne linked with Norwich today anyway. Plus some toss rumour from a QPR site that he wants to go back there and Chelsea are 'holding out' for £250k. Try ten times that at least.

• Administrators

Miroslav Stoch will take the next step in his football career. After training yesterday, during which he stepped up to the first team, the coaches told him of a joyous decision. Miroslav will join Scolari, his staff and some of the best players in the world for Wednesday's Carling Cup tie, Portsmouth vs Chelsea!

From his official site. Has the 49 shirt. Mon.

I hope Scolari puts some youngsters out tonight, especially after the Arsenal kids played such an astonishing match last night. Mancienne, Sinclair and Di Santo should be started IMO, with the more experienced players alongside them giving guidance and covering for any inexperience.

Cudicini; Ivanovic/Belletti, Terry, Mancienne, Bridge; J Cole, Lampard, Ballack/Mikel, Sinclair; Drogba, Di Santo would be a good blend of youth and experience.

Miroslav \o/ Seen some of the videos on youtube and he does seem quite similar to SWP in some ways, although I don't know if it's just because it's goals/assists highlights that I've seen, but he comes across as a bit more direct with his running. Hopefully him, Di Santo, Sinclair and Mancienne will all get some time in the game. Latter 2 should be looking for an hour or the full game tbh.

Scolari on Mineiro:

'He is a player that I need because I lost Michael Essien for six months. I have one midfielder like him, Mikel.

'So this week he will not play but maybe after 15 days to two weeks, he is ready to play normal games. He needs to play some games in the reserve team, and for me it is very good because I have one more player in this position. If not I have to put in Belletti or Ferreira, or Ballack, and they are not for this position.

'I say to fans of Chelsea, if they remember Makelele, Mineiro is the same. Good positionally, a very good marker. He is a man that works for the other players and he is also a good man outside of the pitch.'

I trust Scolari, despite all the Brazilian users on here saying he's s**t :D

Archived