The 2008/09 Juliano Belletti thread

macca69

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sehr gut. Was reading back on the early pages of this thread at half time and everyone was convinced Lampard was off. Thank goodness he stayed, was super today. Bellettis overhead most extravagant.

Messing around the other day and flights to Rome for the CL away game can be bought for dirt cheap. I want to go.

Man Utd didn't have a legal contract with him apparently. That's what this whole thing was about. Mikel would actually have been available on a free transfer if it weren't for the lying, thus we're claiming our transfer fee back. Burrage just a tool.

Well if Utd didn't have a legal contract with him, then shouldn't you be asking them for your money back?

Well if Utd didn't have a legal contract with him, then shouldn't you be asking them for your money back?

The fact they're not suggests to me that either a) we did, or b) we were duped by Andersen/Lyn into believing we did, hence why Lyn are being pursued for the full sum.

The fact they're not suggests to me that either a) we did, or b) we were duped by Andersen/Lyn into believing we did, hence why Lyn are being pursued for the full sum.

Either way I can't see how yous didn't have a contract with him, if you've agreed to sign him from the club then a deal must have been signed by the player. So if yous did indeed have a contract with him then the £12m has nothing to do with Lyn, thats the compensation or indeed the transfer fee Chelsea paid for him

From what I gather, because of the conviction of fraud and misenterpretation, the three-way deal is effectively nullified. I would imagine that Andersen/Lyn had duped both Chelsea and United, as such United aren't really to blame so i'm not sure if we can claim off them. Thus we are claiming the compensation from Lyn.

This quote comes from the Times.

Chelsea’s action springs from the conviction of Andersen for fraud in an Oslo district court earlier this year, a verdict that effectively nullified the complex transfer agreement between the three clubs over Mikel. Andersen was found guilty of forging a contract between Lyn and Mikel, which formed the basis of his lucrative sale to United in 2005 that Chelsea agreed to buy out the following year, as well as filing a false police claim against the player’s agent, John Shittu. The court found that Mikel did not have a valid contract with Lyn and as a result had no right to profit from his sale, enabling Chelsea to seek recompense.

Either way I can't see how yous didn't have a contract with him, if you've agreed to sign him from the club then a deal must have been signed by the player. So if yous did indeed have a contract with him then the £12m has nothing to do with Lyn, thats the compensation or indeed the transfer fee Chelsea paid for him

Yeah, I'm sure we did have one. Didn't think of the second part though, that's a good point. Lyn duped us and, by proxy, Chelsea, but I'm not sure how they can be held accountable for the compensation Chelsea paid us for thieving him off us.

Well that's what I originally thought would be happening when I posted this story ages back. There's a reason for it though obviously, we didn't just decide randomly. I'd imagine it's because it is entirely down to Lyn that this has happened. Man Utd pretty much a blameless party in this whole thing.

Oh and I couldn't find this thread at all :D Excellent changes imo.

Archived