The 2008/09 Juliano Belletti thread

macca69

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrators
Point of having stoch on the bench? might as well just put another defender on.

He spent the best part of an hour warming up, plus all of half time. If we're still 0-0 at 85 mins I bet he gets on.

Good win, Roma made it tough. Lampard was very good, as was Ricky, but they always are. Bridge did well too.

Thought Mikel was our man of the match quite easily. Looked fairly comfortable tonight, possibly the most boring team ever to come to Stamford Bridge, about 70% of the time Totti was their furthest forward player and he was halfway in the Roma half. :D. Good win, great header from JT.

I originally had 'hate' in place of dislike. Am more than willing to put it back in in all honesty.

There is a Spanish placement student in my Uni Football team, over from Barcelona. As I can't go to the Newcastle game i'm letting him have my tickets as he's desperate to get to a game at Stamford Bridge before he leaves in January. He's buying the kit before the game and i've convinced him to get Belletti on the back. :cool:

Pure boredom has induced me to start a new FM game, putting myself in the game as a -10 for Barnet. Want to see how I progress, although I won't be managing myself. Favoured personnel: Belletti 100, Favoured Club: Chelsea 100. Would be a dream to play a game with the great man. :o

'get back in your bin'. thought those put downs evaporated when wicom got banned. obviously not.

anyway, this will obviously come back to haunt me tomorrow, but i hope he plays.

I completely understand what your saying, but tbh you probably don't watch the Chelsea matches in full?

His effort and just little things he does, as well as the three/four amazing goals is why we loves him.

Think Anelka is doing ok, really good movement from him, just the service to him is dire. Malouda and Kalou been dire, Mikel comfortably our best midfielder again. Basically attack vs defence at the minute.

Chelsea certainly need a backup striker.

Di Santo did fine, but extra cover is needed.

Don't think Scolari did to well today, he certainly didn't compensate the team to overturn liverpool's massive player advantage in the midfield.

Though they could have broken if there was more direct play by chelsea, but that's were Didier would come in. Would have liked to have seen Alex brought in and pushed forward.

Record had to end someday :(

in less depressing news

Michael Essien is ahead of schedule in his recovery from a serious knee injury and could be back playing for Chelsea in January. Essien hasn't played for the Blues since August after suffering the injury on international duty for Ghana - and initial reports suggested he would be out for the entire season.But now the influential midfielder is making a miraculous recovery.

Chelsea manager Luiz-Felipe Scolari said: "I think he'll be back a month earlier than the doctors said.

"I think God helped me and, in January, I think he'll play for us - at least in the last few days in January."

Archived