The 2008/09 Juliano Belletti thread

macca69

well i think a manager has to stay at a club for a long time, look at Wenger and Fergie and the players they've brought through, we need to keep a manager for a longer time period. But back to the game, Deco should have really scored 2 but he had to look good and try and chip the keeper, quite annoyed that he didnt just tap it in.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Out of all managers under Roman so Ranieri, Jose, Grant and Scolari who do you reckon out of those would be best for youngsters?

I think Ranieri :)

Yea but look what Ranieri is doing with Giovinco, a really good young player who rarely plays. Mourinho and Grant would probably quit before they played a youth player, except IIRC Grant did play Sinclair a couple games because of all the injuries. I thought Scolari would be the one to promote youth, but he only ever puts them in when were down against th Big Four?? I don't get it

exactly, Fergie and Wenger are in the perfect position, they've been at their clubs for so long to know who their promoting and how ready they are, Danny Welbeck and Frazier Campbell have both grown under Fergie and hes seen that so they get their chances.

I think with Arsenal and Man U there is less pressure on there managers. Arsenal can play youth and finish in the top 4 and Wengers job would be safe, Fergersons job would also be safe if he finished 2nd and played youngsters.

Chelsea showed last season finishing 2nd place and runners-up in champs league wasnt good enough for Grant even when he had started to win fans over, so there is pressure on the manager to do well in every game and to play best 11 to win. That said at 3/4 up there is no pressure on the kids especially if there already on the bench.

yep another good point, like i said we need a manager for a long period, to be honest its the people at the top that cause the problems, Kenyon and his merry men. From my knowledge Wenger and Fergie dont have interferences from the board and can just do their job.

I agree I think he would give us a different dimension in attack. Plus players at Newcastle get injured all time so might be different down south but we also get players injured all time :confused:

Probably wouldnt be to expensive and I doubt any other club who might be interested would have more appeal to him.

Wouldnt be overly fussed on Owen coming unless we change to a 4-4-2 which I cant see us doing currently. Drogba is back now and if he shows any sign of form would be more than happy for Di Santo to be behind the first choice 2. Left winger much more needed than another striker.

Archived