The 2008/09 Juliano Belletti thread

macca69

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
no, please don't.

4-3-3 is the future.

I don't know if that was sarcasm lol. I think Drogba and Anelka should play up top. 4-3-3 is too defensive as you keep a holding midfielder back and basically have 5 in defense, where-as 4-4-2 one mid goes up and the other goes up but drops back slightly, then you have 6-8 players in attack where-as now we have 5-6

Drogba has to come on at half time, if not sooner, just so so useless with Anelka on his own up front.

It's happened every single time like that at home, because teams sit back and hit us on the break, why can't Scolari see that?

There is never any support in the box, that last cross by A Cole there was absolutely no one there

Deco absolutely terrible again, dunno what he was doing when Carlton Cole had that chance at the end, he just stood there looking, must say the refereeing was also terrible but thats mike riley for you.

yeah the ref was poor.. the amount of times Carlton Cole was fouled and given against him , was criminal

• Administrators

One bloke got all arsey at another booing the team at ht, threatened to knock him out (and his teenage daughter), angry bloke's mate steams in and hits booing bloke. Scrap broken up, angry bloke walks away to get a drink, bloke who sits in front of me (he's a decent guy) goes up and tells him to cut it out as the daughter is in bits, angry bloke goes for him as well, another scrap, broken up by fans, no stewards around, then angry bloke and Danny (guy in front of me) got kicked out.

Was nearly another one in the second half a few rows further back, that and the complete lack of singing again just make me embarrassed to be a Chelsea fan atm.

****ing **** result today. No two ways about it, we should of had three points today and at least +2 on our goal difference.

We look really lost without Ricky at the back. Woeful up front, there's no creativity. You look at teams like Barcelona and you just wander why we can't be like that.

This was are chance to go ahead of Liverpool, Arsenal and Utd, but yet again we messed it up. Stamford Bridge used to be a fortress, now teams come and know they can get points.

As for the fans fighting situation, this just shows what has happened to the club. When i used to go everyone used to know each other by name and get on. Now if you stand up in certain areas or sing you get told to sit down and be quiet. All this **** about the 'Shed 100' is ********. They need to get rid of the rich people who go there just because they're fellow city bankers think its quaint.

So basically ****.

Also read somewhere that we should maybe go for Heskey. I think it would be a great idea, although he is not technically amazing, he is someone who would always give a 100% and a battering ram, to use when Drogba doesn't feel like bending over for Mourinho.

I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't sign anybody at all. The priority seems to be to make the club self-sufficient and profitable. Which is not so bad, from a business point of view, I guess. Not sure where it'll leave us come next May.

We're incredibly frustrating to watch at the moment, knocking the ball around with no real penetration and then needlessly giving it away. I'm honestly baffled as to how Anelka has managed to score 14 this season. He did nothing for the entire game, popped up to score, then faded into anonymity. And I want to like Deco, truly I do, but for every sublime pass and every wonder goal there are at least ten stupid mistakes that cost us.

1-1 in what should have been a home banker. It's the 85th minute. We're knocking the ball around like it's a friendly. I don't want to come over all Kevin Keegan, but where's the passion? Where's the will to win? When Ashley Cole is the only player chasing lost causes and going all out, you're probably in trouble.

Poor poor performance yesterday, the usual 65% possession with absolutely no penetration at all, why he didnt start with Didier & Anelka is beyond me. How Deco made it past half time on the pitch is another thing that astounded me. He has been woeful except 1 or 2 games, thinks he has half a day on the ball, IT IS NOT SPAIN FFS, would love to have seen his pass completion for that game as it was nothing short of shambolic.

Mikel MOTM for me by a mile, been for me our best player of the season.

You see when Drogba comes on it brings a different aspect, but unless the ball is within a 2 yard radius of him he is walking, and the slightest touch he has to lay on the ground for 10 minutes, just get up already!

I only saw game on TV but from what I saw Drogba wasnt the worst player. Anelka did no contribution all game apart from his goal. The team looked unbalanced, was to crowded in the middle and lacked width.

Someone on the bbc forums said something along the lines of "Joe Cole needs to learn how to play on the wing properly like Malouda, he offers no help to Bosingwa whilst Malouda does for Cole." :D Laughed so much.

Mikel is slowly becoming the most important player in the side.

I only saw game on TV but from what I saw Drogba wasnt the worst player. Anelka did no contribution all game apart from his goal. The team looked unbalanced, was to crowded in the middle and lacked width.

Someone on the bbc forums said something along the lines of "Joe Cole needs to learn how to play on the wing properly like Malouda, he offers no help to Bosingwa whilst Malouda does for Cole." :D Laughed so much.

Mikel is slowly becoming the most important player in the side.

I'm not saying the worst player, he was just lazy unless the ball was near him.

Well considering we had 3 CM's and 1 right mid on the field at one for our midfield, it's no wonder we lacked depth. Kalou should have came on for Deco not Cole, and we would have had 2 wingers and 2 Cm's, there would have been a perfect amount of width,

Although Malouda does play on the wing when he is put in that position, he not good enough for it so he's useless anyway

The team looked unbalanced, was to crowded in the middle and lacked width.

Thats down to Scolari and his tactics/selection.

After all the excitement when he first took over when you were playing good attractive football, it is becoming pretty evident that Scolari is stuck playing international football and is not tactically savvy enough for such a long season anymore.

Scolari is setting up the team to play "attack, attack, attack", with just 2 centre backs, the 2 fullbacks acting as your only width, one holding midielder, and every other midfield player probing and pushing on to aid and support your lone striker. These kind of tactics will work in short competitions such as the World Cup or the European Championships, when every game is a must win for every team. But over the course of a 38 game season, teams can afford to be more defensive minded and play on the counter.

Just look at the 3 games this season against the rest of "the big 4";

Man Utd (H) 1-1

Liverpool (H) 0-1

Arsenal (H) 1-2

And the 3 away games in the Champions League;

Cluj 0-0

Roma 1-3

Bordeaux 1-1

In all of these games, (with the exception of the Bordeaux game), the opposition has sat back and played on the counter. Chelsea have just about nothing to show for it. They are far too open and suseptable to the quick break, and the top teams, and even the "smaller" teams in the Premier League, expose this when you play at home, as do the sides you have played in your away games in the Champions League.

Archived