The 2008/09 Juliano Belletti thread

macca69

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No signings for us in January = :(

The problem is who do you want to sign? The players we have need to start performing. Deco, Ballack, Malouda all for their old clubs used to be awesome but for some odd reason can't play the same.

You know who I think we really miss, regardless of how Mikel is playing, Michael Essien. He might not be the greatest player in the world. But he has a lot of quality, he is a battler, and he fights until the very end, something Ballack and Deco severely lack, and a lot of the Chelsea squad lacks. He came up with important goals last year, and always spurred our team on whether it be his defensive work or attacking work. One of the most memorable goals that comes to mind is his screamer against Arsenal to level it, or win it can't remember right now.

He has a big influence that I think is being missed and is overlooked by a lot of people.

oh goody. 2 poor games back from a pretty long lay off and the Ballack hating is back already. Thought we'd gotten past that complete nonsense and realised he was one of the best midfielders in the league by now? Oh well. Can't be helped.

Has Scolari actually won any 'must-win' games for us? Other than struggling past Cluj in a situation that was only 'must-win' because of the failure to secure qualification in the 2 previous matches.

Ballack is class, his such a good player and he makes everything look so simple that he looks lazy.

I dont have a problem with Deco either, his not a player thats going to get stuck in and win many tackles. He needs to be used in a system that suits in and maybe some premier league games he shouldnt play.

I disagree with you about Essien ;) I think he is one of the best midfielders in the world, probably in the top 3 premiership central mids.

I have no idea why Ballack was brought off on Sunday, was playing much better than Deco (aka he could complete a pass) and was getting stuck in more. Deco needs to quickly realise that its not Spain over here and he will never get the kind of time hes looking.

Hes been atrocious bar a few games this season, and for every good ball he plays theres usually 5 or 6 misplaced passes/interceptions/knocked off ball as hes looking too much time.

Ballack is class, his such a good player and he makes everything look so simple that he looks lazy.

I dont have a problem with Deco either, his not a player thats going to get stuck in and win many tackles. He needs to be used in a system that suits in and maybe some premier league games he shouldnt play.

I disagree with you about Essien ;) I think he is one of the best midfielders in the world, probably in the top 3 premiership central mids.

I know he is a good player, but lately he has just looked lazy, and not passionate enough, and his passing hasn't been up to par. But I know from last season that he can be amazing

I think Deco takes way too much time on the ball, and more often than not ends up losing it.

If you're disagreeing with me about Essien I said he is one of the best in the world and I think we're missing his presence in the team right now.

Sorry for double post, found this guys post somewhere else, thought it summed us up pretty good, although I hated SWP

You already have Lampard and Ballack fighting for the one slot of central midfield yet, the first player you sign is Deco who does exactly the same thing........Now having sold Shaun Wright Phillips you exactly want the same type of player....Are you playing musical chairs at Chelsea????.....Scolari says the visiting teams are too defensive at Stamford Bridge, yet does not play Drogba who can hold the ball near the opponents penalty box and bring others into play, instead plays Anelka who is only willing to score and not assist....Neither does he play Ballack who can help retain ball possession by passing it around instead plays Deco who passes it to the opponents directly setting up their attacks..... For the teams visiting Stamford Bridge, Christmas has come too early!!!.....And for you Scolari dont ask for the players you want now, Chelsea does not have to win it your way this season, mere winning would suffice for now....Come next term having proven your worth you can make demands of the club....Till then learn to toil with pace that is what EPL football is [/Quote]

The Brazilian Football Confederation could offer Chelsea manager Luiz Felipe Scolari a return ticket to his homeland as Brazil coach. The country's current manager Dunga faces the axe in the new year after a stumbling 2010 World Cup qualification campaign. (Daily Mirror)

Scolari is facing a growing challenge to his authority as several senior Chelsea players asked him to explain his substitutions after the 1-1 draw at home to West Ham. (The Times)

From BBC gossip, I love how they make things up :p

Pretty awesome post that.

Which one?

I don't think there is as much unrest as people think. I think some of his subs are stupid, but it's really up to the players right now, is Scolari supposed to make them think wiser, and be more creative at home? He puts out the best 11 he can, (most of the time), and we should be beating teams at home with the sheer quality of players we have. It's inexcusable.

Silly rumor invented by them (there is nothing about this rumor in the Brazilian media), and he denied CBF wants to hire him anyway.

If Dunga is fired, which seems to be unlikely at the moment (I bet he will keep his job at the very least until the Conf Cup), CBF will most likely hire Muricy Ramalho (São Paulo's manager), not Felipão.

Yes, that and the suggestion that if he is fired, they will hire Felipão.

It's a no story as Dunga unfortunately won't be fired any time soon (Brazil won't play any official game until late March and Brazil is pretty safe in 2nd place in the WC Quals and had that good result against Portugal that appeased CBF) and if he is fired, they won't hire Felipão because they prefer to hire Muricy Ramalho, who is also a cheaper option and is seen here as a manager in the same situation Felipão was just before he assumed Brazil in 2001.

Nielsen is spaverage, won't be dissapointed it he goes.

Got my itinerary from Thomas Cook through today, 6 hours on the train to Everton, fook that. No alcohol as well, balls. Will have to sneak some on. Very much looking forward to it though, never been to Goodison before.

A **** hole!

I remember my dad got food poisoning from a burger van outside Goodison. Enjoy the match buddy.

Some strong teams going to be eliminated this round.

Real v Liverpool

Arsenal v Roma

Inter v Manchester Utd

Lyon v Barca

Leaves some teams you wouldn't mind facing next round as well:

Villarreal v Panathinaikos

Sporting v Bayern

Athletico v Porto

everything in place for the semi exit to Liverpool \o/

Archived