The 2008/09 Juliano Belletti thread

macca69

A quote from Tony Mowbray on BBC site

"To lose their captain when they are playing the team who are bottom of the league - I don't think they will lose too much sleep over it."

I reckon will be a comfortable win, there can be no excuses tomorrow and I hope we see Drogba do the business.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

However much I hate Malouda, I think in a weird way we have missed him. With him out the team we have had Deco on the leftish and that creates a completely different problem to an inadequate winger. I dont really want him back in team but a decent left winger would be nice.

Chelsea will line-up in a 4-3-3 formation as follows:

1 Petr Cech

2 José Bosingwa

33 Alex

2 Branislav Ivanovic

3 Ashley Cole

13 Michael Ballack

12 John Mikel Obi

8 Frank Lampard ©

20 J Cole

11 Didier Drogba

39 Nicolas Anelka

Substitutes: 23 Carlo Cudicini, 21 Paulo Ferreira, 35 Juliano Belletti, 27 Mineiro, 20 Deco, 15 Florent Malouda, 21 Salomon Kalou.

Yes, but Anelka is a winger. S Scolari fails there.

So Anelka on the wing? Way to bottle it Scolari. Either play two up front or upset someone. Half measures help nobody.

Scolari wouldn't just leave Anelka out to dry that, I'm sure he has special instructions, he wouldn't play him as an out and out left winger

EDIT: And it was Joe Cole cross to Drogba who outmuscled and outjumped his defender to head back across goal. It was a brilliant finish

And finally Deco isn't starting! Scolari decided to give us fans a good Christmas lol

Can't believe people are fawning over Drogba again already. Sure we're better with an in form Drogba in the side but he's a massive ******** and is rarely on the top of his game for us anymore anyway. One petulant incident after another and the sooner he leaves the better imo. Would love him and Malouda gone in January with replacements brought in. Would actually be the finest bit of work we could possibly do in the window.

then what would you do with Anelka?

Subs, swap around the 3 with 2 playing up top

Can't believe people are fawning over Drogba again already. Sure we're better with an in form Drogba in the side but he's a massive ******** and is rarely on the top of his game for us anymore anyway. One petulant incident after another and the sooner he leaves the better imo. Would love him and Malouda gone in January with replacements brought in. Would actually be the finest bit of work we could possibly do in the window.

If you're directing that at me I'm not saying that just because of this game. He was great 2 seasons ago, and he was good last season, and he could be good this season. But if him and Robinho were together you know that would be a good partnership

Hate Drogba with a passion. Such a lazy ****. The face of what is wrong with the club atm. Lazy players.

Archived