The 2008/09 Juliano Belletti thread

macca69

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Deco woeful for about his 9th game in a row. Malouda wasnt crap, was alright when he was on the pitch. Kalou didnt see the ball so cant be called crap. We look far to lightweight on set pieces this season though. And from seeing the match, Lampards shot after they equalised hits Pantsil in the hand and is going in, surely regardless of how far away he is, if it hits his hand when its going in it has to be a penalty?

Deco woeful for about his 9th game in a row. Malouda wasnt crap, was alright when he was on the pitch. Kalou didnt see the ball so cant be called crap. We look far to lightweight on set pieces this season though. And from seeing the match, Lampards shot after they equalised hits Pantsil in the hand and is going in, surely regardless of how far away he is, if it hits his hand when its going in it has to be a penalty?

We were still pathetic nonetheless, even if we should have gotten a last minute penalty

well we were right all along about Deco.

Everyone said he was so great when he first came, but even then he wasn't good. He scored a goal against Portsmouth that James should have EASILY saved, got a lucky freekick against Wigan because they had their second string keeper in, and scored a good goal against Bolton. He is a center mid and apart from those three "goals" his work rate, passing, creativity, tackling, woeful to say the least

Looks like Laporta is the one who made out the best

Everyone said he was so great when he first came,

what I meant was, no regular poster in this thread wanted him to sign because he'd been **** for a season or more at Barca in a slower more technical league (ie one that suited his style of play), he is completely unsuited to English football.

our fans chanting ONE MICHAEL BALLACK after misplaced Deco pass no. 40 >>>>>>>>>>>>> *.

what I meant was, no regular poster in this thread wanted him to sign because he'd been **** for a season or more at Barca in a slower more technical league (ie one that suited his style of play), he is completely unsuited to English football.

our fans chanting ONE MICHAEL BALLACK after misplaced Deco pass no. 40 >>>>>>>>>>>>> *.

Oh ok, I came a little late but am becoming a regular here. Tbh I didn't really want to sign him either. We had Ballack, Lampard, Essien, and Mikel for the center. Deco is no different than Lampard and Ballack in terms of style but he is terrible. Scolari insists on using him because (idk why)

Im glad they chanted that, it's true. Joe Cole should have stayed on and Deco should have came off, for about the fifth game in a row. Notice how we won yesterday when Deco wasn't playing

Im just leaving it for a while now. Its making my blood boil. Decisions Scolari is making can be seen by the supporters of Chelsea to be wrong, yet he doesn't do anything about it.

Absolutely sick of getting ready to see us beat a team convincingly only for us too slip up too. Liverpool, Utd and Juve must be licking their lips at the thoughts of going against us.

Just hope we can get through the Utd game without embarrassing ourselves.

We miss Essien also.

Have been saying that for weeks now

Im just leaving it for a while now. Its making my blood boil. Decisions Scolari is making can be seen by the supporters of Chelsea to be wrong, yet he doesn't do anything about it.

Absolutely sick of getting ready to see us beat a team convincingly only for us too slip up too. Liverpool, Utd and Juve must be licking their lips at the thoughts of going against us.

Just hope we can get through the Utd game without embarrassing ourselves.

so so so true

• Administrators

I am steaming ****ing mad after that. Half the team and coaching staff can gtf if they ever play a first half like that again. Drogba had a good 20 mins at the start of the second half but was useless for the rest of the game, embarrassing performance at times, Mikel's worst of the season. Ivanovic was great, and bless the Lord for Frank Lampard, best player in the world.

Our fans were ****ing awesome btw.

• Administrators

Was funnier when they did "we've only got ten men" when Malouda went off because Scolari seemed oblivious then when Anelka came on, Deco bollocksed up and up it went again.

• Administrators

Today, well, I don't think I've seen a worse first half from any Chelsea player ever. Misplaced passes everywhere, diabolical corners, no effort, no chasing, couldn't be arsed. To be fair he was decent second half but that first was awful.

We had some DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU'RE DOING to Scolari today, feels just like last season again. Oh for Jose's return :(

Today, well, I don't think I've seen a worse first half from any Chelsea player ever. Misplaced passes everywhere, diabolical corners, no effort, no chasing, couldn't be arsed. To be fair he was decent second half but that first was awful.

We had some DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU'RE DOING to Scolari today, feels just like last season again. Oh for Jose's return :(

Yea it was pretty bad, i was soooooo ****ed during the game

Or at least a coach who knows what he's doing. Just imagine if we had someone like Ferguson at the helm, oh what we could achieve...

goal.com's player ratings. Surely Deco is less than a 6. And what bright start did he make?

Mikel – 5.0: A game Mikel will not want to dwell on. Passing-wise he made Momo Sissoko look like Michel Platini. At fault for Dempsey's opener and, while he improved after the break, he stood right in front of Cech for the late equaliser.

Deco – 6.0: Had a bright start to the game, but you cannot help but think that his playmaking skills are made redundant by the presence of a forward-running midfielder in Lampard. Does Deco fit into this Chelsea system?

Archived