The 2008/09 Juliano Belletti thread

macca69

Why do people wanna get rid of Drogba. He is our best striker by an absolute mile. I cannot see anyone who could replace him in the next 1-2 years. Having said that we do need another decent CF as cover but I don't know who. I'm with you on shipping Deco and especially Malouda but in that case we will have to bring in a top class left winger and I don't know if Ben Arfa could cut it at the top this soon or even in the future. Bring back Robben and the glory days I say. This is how we should line up ideally after January.

Cech

Bosingwa Carvalho Terry A. Cole

Mikel

Essien Lampard

J. Cole Someone New (but who)

Drogba

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

4-5-1 is not working for us. We need to play with two up top. Drogba (or someone who will give at least 90% each match (drogba gives 40-50% most matches)) and then a pacy striker who can score from further out then 6 yards. Drogba really isn't that amazing. I would rather see a palyer who will play for the club not the money.

Also Drogba may be our best striker but we have players like Lampard, Carvalho and Cech who far supersede Didier Drogba as Chelsea's best player.

Bridge is off to Man City for £10m apparently. Good price but a shame to see him go, he's (almost) always been great for us and has a good attitude, though he was never going to get past Ashley Cole's reputation. Hopefully he can establish himself at Citeh and maybe start competing properly for the England spot. It'll be interesting to see what happens to fill the gap he'll leave, Betrand has apparently shown glimpses of talent at Norwich but is still very young and raw though more likely is that we sign some middle-of-the-road foreigner and overpay him.

Don't know why we would hold a grudge against City for that. Can hardly blame them for anything. Shame to see Bridge go but I don't begrudge him the move, deserves to play regular football. I think Bertrand signed on till the end of the season with Norwich, would like him to be given an opportunity at some stage though.

Would be sad to see Bridgey go, hes been great whenever he has played for us, just unlucky that we have such a great left back in Ashley. Hopefully we can use the money generated (if he goes) for a decent winger.

I think Ashley is superior to Bridge, but Bridge always done well and he was another Englishmen in our squad. Will be disappointed to see him go and would hope Kenyon would have the sense to get more than £12m for him.

Yuri Zhirkov would be a good replacement as he would be able to play the way Ashley plays and the left wing position. But i can't see us paying less than £10m for him tbh.

Hopefully we can ship out: Malouda and Deco, and replace Malouda with someone like Ben Arfa or David Silva (dreamland) and then get a big bastard up front.

Bridge is a good player and I like him but he was jus never going to be a regular and I wish him all the best at Man City, I think he will be a great success there. I don't mind Alex leaving because I want to see Mancienne get some pitch time, both those sales will raise funds for a winger or a striker

• Administrators

Matt Le Tissier's predicted 6-0. I hope so.

Hope Sawyer, Stoch or Bruma get some time, will add to the list of players I've seen come through the u18s and Reserves in person (Sinclair, Sahar, Woods, Stoch, Hutchinson, plus Taylor as a sub). Plus it'd be amazing for Sawyer because he's had some really, really bad injuries since he was 11 and has just managed to persevere so well.

23 Carlo Cudicini

21 Paulo Ferreira

2 Branislav Ivanovic

6 Ricardo Carvalho

3 Ashley Cole

35 Juliano Belletti

12 John Mikel Obi

8 Frank Lampard ©

20 J Cole

11 Didier Drogba

21 Salomon Kalou

Substitutes: 40 Hilario, 42 Michael Mancienne, 27 Mineiro, 47 Lee Sawyer, 16 Scott Sinclair, 9 Franco Di Santo, 39 Nicolas Anelka.

Almost exactly what i said. Absolutely disgraceful.

Archived