The 2008/09 Juliano Belletti thread

macca69

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From what I remember, Bridge was first choice in 04/05. We sold our only other left-back, Babayaro, in the winter, and shortly afterwards Bridge broke his ankle. For the next 1,5 seasons, we had Gallas and Del Horno at left-back, as Bridge was injured/loaned out to Fulham. Then we signed Cole in 2006.

I remember i was skiing with teh school and i asked (begged) the teacher too let us watch it. As i was quite pally with him, he decided that whoever wanted to watch it could, and the people who didnt (girls) could do other stuff.

All game the Arsenal fans were giving it, they got a bit quiet after Lampard's goal, then when Bridge scored i was pretty much the only Chelsea fan, i just couldn't control my self and nearly got into a fight due to taunting :)

Then found out Madrid had gone otu and was convinced we would win it. Not winning it brought Jose to the bridge though.

Think that goal was the most I have ever celebrated any Chelsea goal to date.

Its not make or break by any means, we can afford to get beat and still be there or there abouts at end of season, would gladly take a draw though.

Our season's long gone, we'll get arseholed 4-0, at least one red card (Deco my favourite), but Scolari will say we dominated.

As much as I'd love that I think Drogba is more likely. He just seems so un-arsed it's unreal. Could see him doing all sorts of nonsense as long as he continues like that

Think that goal was the most I have ever celebrated any Chelsea goal to date.

Its not make or break by any means, we can afford to get beat and still be there or there abouts at end of season, would gladly take a draw though.

I was screaming and running around my house when Essien "scored" that goal against Liverpool in the Champs Lge Semi-final, only for all my excitement to come down to a crashing halt lol

Watching what?

All of the panelists just saying that Roman is going to **** off. What state the club would be in if we were to do that, and the problems we have at the club atm.

Made some fair points though, saying players like Ferreira, Ballack, Deco who are on high contracts should be sold to, free up some money, and be replaced with young players (which i think is a fair point)

Is it true that the main reason why Felipão hasn't been fired yet is because of the current financial crisis? :D

I probably read this on some tabloid, so probably it's not true, I guess.

Archived