The 2008/09 Juliano Belletti thread

macca69

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He really needs to gtfo, if we can get about 10m pounds for him, we'll have 22m to spend on a left winger, which is all we need IMO. Drogba and Anelka need to stop crying and step it up, and Di Santo is playing well, Kalou plays well on the left, Stoch is playing well and we can also bring in Kakuta.

Few points from today's match:

1. Stamford Bridge is lovely, I really like it.

2. Malouda is rubbish. If he didn't have Cole behind him you'd have been screwed

3. Kalou was everywhere, except where he was supposed to be - so many massive gaps left where he should have been. Not good enough for Chelsea

4. Bosingwa can't cross and doesn't seem comfortable defending, seemed very hesitant in everything he did. COuld have been a one off though.

5. Beletti is not Makelele, and never will be.

6. The guy who stands up and thanks everyone for their support when the attendance is announced is great

SO many attacks broke down because he was either in completely the wrong place, meaning there was a massive space that couldn't be attacked, or because he ran it straight into an opposition player (or straight out for a throw in a few times).

TO be fair to the guy, he covered the right back position really well when Bosingwa went forward.

Few points from today's match:

1. Stamford Bridge is lovely, I really like it.

2. Malouda is rubbish. If he didn't have Cole behind him you'd have been screwed

3. Kalou was everywhere, except where he was supposed to be - so many massive gaps left where he should have been. Not good enough for Chelsea

4. Bosingwa can't cross and doesn't seem comfortable defending, seemed very hesitant in everything he did. COuld have been a one off though.

5. Beletti is not Makelele, and never will be.

6. The guy who stands up and thanks everyone for their support when the attendance is announced is great

1. I agree. Unfortunately its probably a bit small.

2. I couldn't agree more.

3. I agree. He never provides width and always picks the wrong option :mad: I have been saying for a whilst I dont think he is good enough.

4. Bosingwa wasnt at his best today.

5. I thought he played fairly well, but Mikel normally plays there. A legend at the end going to MHL and giving someone his shirt. Was he the only one?

6. :D

A couple extra points...

7. Why give Ipswich the entire Shed, East Upper much better place to stick them.

8. Alex was poor today.

9. West stand was probably loudest I have ever heard it... Not very Loud ;)

10. I wish we were more direct, we break quickly then get to the opposition box and turn back.

11. Stoch and Mancienne should have played. Especially when Carvalho went off.

12. Lampards strike was goooooooood.

Believe the stuff about Roman leaving is crap.

Don't think we will get Robinho, and if we do it certainly won't be this transfer window. Will be when he goes AWOL at city if they are still in the bottom half of the table at the end of the season.

Cringed at what Philip?

• Administrators

Will quote from CFCnet

Some of the fans in the MHL yesterday really got on my tits. Fine, yesterday was the first game for a lot of people, and I mean markedly increased on usual cup games, but that doesn't mean they can abuse stewards for no reason, sing awful, and I mean AWFUL improvised songs that don't flow, act hard and then be as timid as a mouse when told to sit down by another fan, call your own player a dick (Drogba), and get the words wrong to many of our songs.

I hate to come across as a **** here, but I spent most of the afternoon cringing.

I started "oh waaaaaaaaaayne bridge", and had someone behind me try singing some random words never heard before :D best bit was that they were 16 year old toff tarts singing "we will kick your ****ing heads in" and "i paid thirty quid for this ticket, **** off am I sitting down" then acting all meek when a 40 year old bloke behind them told them to sit so he and his kid could see. Magical.

Archived