The 2008/09 Juliano Belletti thread

macca69

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The next guy should be given a long-term contract with a long-term plan.

Open and transparent, so everyone, both inside and outside Chels knows what we are going to try and achieve. That way, you get all of us who want to pay and watch, to buy the idea, to jump onboard. Those who don't want to get involved, fair enough, don't come to Chels.

Surely this is the way forward. Give a bloke a chance, get the fans to support that plan.

Have rather shamelessly stolen this post from another Chelsea board I frequent. Is exactly how I feel we should go about the appointment, whoever it may be.

I think if the board announce a manager and said his here long term we will let him rebuild fans would be happy.

Its not the getting beaten/drawing that bothers me its the lack of commitment and desire missing which is a real problem. The club needs some continuity and the dead wood got rid of. Kenyon 1st out would be brilliant.

Faintly hopes for a Mourinho return... Would be screaming for joy if that'd happened.

But seriously, this has really put the icing on the cake. I really have no idea where the hell the team is gonna go from here. Am not expecting anything anymore. Juventus to knock us out.

No money for players, plenty to sack managers? Lovely.

If you finish 5th, and you don't win the Champions League this season, then yes, you won't be in the Champions League next season.

I answered that presuming you meant that 'if a team finishes 4th, 'in-front' of you btw. Did initially think you literally meant if you finish 4th you get no Champions League spot, but then thought that even a foreign fan (not saying you are foreign) could be that foolish.

No someone mentioned some Europa League, that new thing, if you finish 4th, that's why I asked. Of course I know how it works

Zola and Clarke would be brilliant. The game yesterday vs. Man U they played excellent one touch football and threatened more than we ever did with HALF the quality of players

Just watched the Blues News Special. As much as it was probably the right decision, I do feel somewhat sorry for Big Phil. Think on the whole he has been pretty unlucky what with deflections, injuries and I don't think the players have given him much help.

Really like the bloke so it's a shame. Really really wanted it to work out. C'est la vie.

Just watched the Blues News Special. As much as it was probably the right decision, I do feel somewhat sorry for Big Phil. Think on the whole he has been pretty unlucky what with deflections, injuries and I don't think the players have given him much help.

Really like the bloke so it's a shame. Really really wanted it to work out. C'est la vie.

You're kidding surely? You can't put Scolari's failings down to defelections and injuries. He simply wasn't up to it tactically.

You're kidding surely? You can't put Scolari's failings down to defelections and injuries. He simply wasn't up to it tactically.

Well done on mincing my words. I've said as much as anyone in here that he isn't up to the job tactically or with regards to man-management. Don't treat that post in isolation, it was just comment on the injuries in addition.

Well done on mincing my words. I've said as much as anyone in here that he isn't up to the job tactically or with regards to man-management. Don't treat that post in isolation, it was just comment on the injuries in addition.

Apologies then. In my defence, I'm hardly going to read every single post in this thread! :p

Would be a decent move I suppose, I have always liked Hiddink and he seems to have done a good job throughout his career. Better than bringing Avram back. Then when the season ends we compensate West Ham for Zola & Clarke \o/.

Cant understand why you want Zola now, or at the end of the season. West Ham is his first job, and moving to Chelsea after not even having a full season in managemtent wouldn't be the best of moves for him, or you.

You need a manager who has a proven track record, not just at winning things, but also at being able to spend money well. Zola has proved little yet on either front, and appointing him would be a huge gamble.

Hiddink is a good manager but I dont think a temporary manager is what we need. The manager has to assess the squad over the next few months so decisions can be made in the summer.

At least it gives Zola and Clarke another 5/6 months to prove themselves.

Well, 3 months.

:D If they finish 7th or 8th in the first season at West Ham its pretty much as well as they could have done. Clarke had been at Chelsea long enough to know how its run. Sometimes you just need to gamble with the manager. Look at Barcelona this season?

I think that Zola is the only legitimate candidate that fans would give the time to stamp his authority on the team without being under pressure to win every game. He may not be experienced but maybe a risk is something we need to shake the club up a bit.

Isn't that an attitude problem with the Chelsea fans then?

We dont expect our players to play without commitment and passion. Things need changing which might take time, with a big manager you expect an immediate impact even more so since Mourinho had one.

The fans would allow Zola to change things without getting in his back.

We dont expect our players to play without commitment and passion. Things need changing which might take time, with a big manager you expect an immediate impact even more so since Mourinho had one.

The fans would allow Zola to change things without getting in his back.

Then that is an issue with the players surely, and not the manager? You can't blame a manager for the players lacking commitment and passion.

The prblem with the fans is, that after years without huge success you had so much in such a short space of time. You tasted it and now think you have some divine right to be challenging for everything. This results in you not been content with pushing all the way for a league title, and being unfortunate to not win the Champions League. The removal of Grant was where it went wrong. God only knows why the fans/board weren't satisified with his efforts.

Then that is an issue with the players surely, and not the manager? You can't blame a manager for the players lacking commitment and passion.

The prblem with the fans is, that after years without huge success you had so much in such a short space of time. You tasted it and now think you have some divine right to be challenging for everything. This results in you not been content with pushing all the way for a league title, and being unfortunate to not win the Champions League. The removal of Grant was where it went wrong. God only knows why the fans/board weren't satisified with his efforts.

Its the manager's job to ensure the players dont lack commitment and if they do they should have been shipped out in Jan. They never did under Mourinho and not even under Grant.

The Grant situation was odd, he did very well and still got sacked but when he was hired nobody believed it was a long term appointment.

If Man U/Arsenal/Liverpool got a new manager and then the same players started playing like we have recently the fans would call for their manager to be sacked to.

This results in you not been content with pushing all the way for a league title

If we had a manager who was tactically competent enough to defend leads (eg. one game, possibly the 4-4 at WHL, he bought on Alex for a midfielder, inviting pressure, and the other team equalised. This happened more than once fwiw) we would've won the league. To say it went wrong when Grant left is absolutely preposterous.

If we had a manager who was tactically competent enough to defend leads (eg. one game, possibly the 4-4 at WHL, he bought on Alex for a midfielder, inviting pressure, and the other team equalised. This happened more than once fwiw) we would've won the league. To say it went wrong when Grant left is absolutely preposterous.

Playing Essien at RB rather than midfield just to fit everyone in was another reason for us not winning the league.

Hiddink :( Lets hope it is just until the end of the season though. Then we can finda better replacement in MON/Moyes/Mouriho/Zola.

Only expectation now would be to secure CL football for next season. Note xpecting to get through the Juve tie, we should beat Watford and then we will draw a premiership team and go out. Think we will finish 3rd or fourth depending on how Villa do. No way will we win the CL or title. Good luck Guus!

Archived