The 2008/09 Juliano Belletti thread

macca69

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrators
Am also bloody excited. Going to get up there early and have a bite to eat and a few drinks with my brother. Any decent (but cheap) restaurants round the area? Only know the ones in the Station but they are normally heaving.

Nandos :cool: I always smug it in there, a queue about 20 long on a matchday but stroll up and ask for takeaway and waltz in for an order :D

• Administrators

That was ugly, we were really, really bad in the second half again. It's a fitness issue, and dear me Ballack sucks.

Drogba put in a good shift, Lamps my MotM for sheer effort alone, nice to see Mancienne come on. Moments of the night include mocking Buffon's stretching arms, and Alex bursting the ball :cool:

Happy enough with the result, clean sheet absolutely vital. Would have liked another goal but our second half performance was dire and I honestly thought we were coming away with a 1-1. Got rather nervy from about the 65th minute onwards.

Thought Kalou was great tonight, as were Lampard and Bosingwa.

Sissoko a complete flop of a footballer. Woeful distribution.

Was a very good first half and a dogged second half. First half Drogba could have had a hat trick inside 15minutes. Although happy to see some sort of form from him again. Lampard was outstanding as was Kalou. Thought myself Molinaro should have been sent off for his tackle of Mikel (or at least a 2nd yellow a couple of mins later for coming through Kalou). Ballack lucky not to pick up a 2nd yellow as well. Surely a penalty on Drogba by Chiellini, now theres a difference between shepherding the ball out and running straight into the striker. :D. Performance wise:

Cech: One outstanding save from Del Piero, although dodgy from one free kick.

Bosingwa: Seemed to be on form, was attacking down the outside well and a couple of great crosses as well.

Cole: Solid game from Ashley as well, got stuck in and went forward well also.

JT: Had a good game, committed as usual, loved the challenge on Sissoko \o/.

Alex: Very solid game, such a monster of a centre back when on form.

Mikel: Another good performance from Mikel, nothing flashy but did what was needed, added bonus of not shooting.

Lampard: Outstanding, was everywhere, passing as great, defending was great, MOTM.

Ballack: Covered a lot of ground but was poor on the ball once again, could have been sent off.

Kalou: Starting to get a good run of form now, was torturing Molinaro and giving thme problems the whole game, beautiful assist for the goal.

Anelka: Was a quiet night for Nico, but did track back well at least.

Drogba: Was giving Juve all sorts of problems, could have had a couple more but thats the Didier we havent seen in months.

Also Mancienne coming on was great to see, did what was neccessary in his 10minutes on the field.

Atmosphere wasn't so good in MHL, was just patchy.

Aren't those Kalou quotes ancient?

Must have been because I was next to Juve fans, people in the East Upper around me were actually singing a bit. I must have got lucky.

Kalou on form would be a good player for any side, its just the consistency he needs.

And better decision making.

Kalou's potentially a good player. You just don't recognise this at Chelsea . By the way, you need some wingers. Do you remember Robben? What a brilliant player he was.

Just waiting for someguy to return with other revelations such as the sky is blue and that Tuesday generally follows Monday.

So Wigan tomorrow, quietly confident of a win. Can perhaps see a few changes in the squad after they admitted there arent in top condition. Bosingwa is suspended so hopefully Mancienne gets a start rather than Ferreira. Team I think will be:

Cech

Mancienne

Alex

JT

Cole

Mikel

Lampard

Ballack

Malouda

Anelka

Drogba

Hopefully he still plays Kalou but I think he will unfortunately start Malouda. Have £2 on a 2-0 win. Mon!

The article is pretty long and has the ring of assurance about it, but the real juicy part of the rumor is somewhat vague and isn't really substantiated by a convincing quote:

City's information is that Terry, despite his public statements to the contrary, is not as settled at Chelsea as supporters of the London club would like to believe. City have the financial power to double his weekly £135,000 salary and their inquiries have convinced them that the England captain wants to hear about the plans of the club's owners in Abu Dhabi.

On the other hand, they do also take the rumor seriously enough that they had another writer do a follow-up piece on it (or at least the Robinho part)...

Archived