The 2008/09 Juliano Belletti thread

macca69

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How i thought the match would go. Cannot fathom why Malouda was brought on instead of Quaresma or Kalou. He is soo bad. I know it keeps getting said, but the majority of the problems come from him.

Should of scored more but would of taken a 1-0 win before the game.

Essien \o/

Malouda was making me laugh, yet again, with his antics :D

I truly struggle to see why anyone would pick him ahead of kalou, quaresma or even stoch - he just doesn't look like anything more than a waste of space - today he was marginally better than normal but still far too poor.

I truly struggle to see why anyone would pick him ahead of kalou, quaresma or even stoch - he just doesn't look like anything more than a waste of space - today he was marginally better than normal but still far too poor.

And his hair.. his hair.. Have you seen his hair ?!? :D

Thought we played some nice stuff first half and were well worth the lead. Second half we petered out again. Still could have grabbed a couple with better decisions/passes on the counter. Though Bosingwa had a good game. Bojinov looked lively when he came on and Stevie Ireland continues to be a player I like even without the best of games today.

Essien was godlike.

Was some lively 'banter' with the City fans, good fun. One lad just across from the divide got rather annoyed when I asked him where Kaka was :(.

• Administrators
Chelsea back to playing football that makes you sleep, but if it gets you 3 points then who cares?

Arsenal 1-0 West Brom

Arsenal 1-0 Wigan

Arsenal 1-0 Portsmouth

Arsenal 0-0 West Ham

Tottenham 0-0 Arsenal

Arsenal 0-0 Sunderland

Arsenal 0-0 Fulham

Back to your cave.

This match was painfully boring - entirely down to City, was as if they weren't even trying.

Glad Ched got a runout though. Gave Terry a few porblems, could be class.

Deco was rubbish, still noticably off the pace of the Premiership.

Interestingly, Ballack was 45/45 in pass attempts/completions yesterday.

Was listening to the game on radio 5 and the commentators were claiming he was by far the best player in the first half - would be nice if this was true as he's owed us a good performance.

Andy :D so absolutely battered, nothing like internet evidence when sobering up in the morning.

Fantastic night, a rare bright moment this season. I love Guus. I love Essien, I love Lampard, I LOVE DROGBA, and am enjoying smugging those who abused him for ages.

hah, seriously? Smugging? The only people who could be smugged are the utter ***** with the aids chants. All other Drogba related abuse been entirely warrented surely?

• Administrators

When you consider it was on Malouda levels, no. Didier's been injured since the start of the season and then never got a look-in under Scolari, who evidently treated him like ****. New manager, knows the value of Drogba, a happy Drogba, a performing Drogba. It's not rocket science.

oh yeah and Ballack did not put a foot wrong against City. Didn't do anything spectacular but everything he did was just ruthlessly efficient and pretty much spot on. His best game for a long time. Malouda fairly amusing again. Essien actually God. Terry playing really well at the moment too, not seen Terry on this kind of form for quite a while either. Premiership is gone but we're looking ****ing amazing for one of the other two.

Oh, and my previous post, not at all suggesting Drogba is poor. He's playing really well. Quite bored of the kissing the badge thing now though. Yeah we get it, kinda hard to buy into it really. Saw a timeline of Drogba events and he's stated he wants to leave the club no less than 6 times. Might genuinely be kissing the badge right now, but a couple of months into next season it'll all change again. Smugging it over people indeed. He's a ****, long may he play well whilst wearing a Chelsea shirt, but with any luck we'll get a decent price for him because of that and bring in someone younger in Summer.

When you consider it was on Malouda levels, no. Didier's been injured since the start of the season and then never got a look-in under Scolari, who evidently treated him like ****. New manager, knows the value of Drogba, a happy Drogba, a performing Drogba. It's not rocket science.

Already partly explained myself, but yeah I'll go on here. I've never slated Drogba's performances to the level of Malouda's. Malouda is something special, but Drogba was playing poorly it has to be said. Wasn't even entirely about his performance levels though. He got stick, and rightly so, for his attitude. Couldn't be arsed to put the effort in, and regardless of how Scolari treated him that's complete ********, no player should be pulling on the shirt with that attitude.

At least six separate occasions he's stated he wants to leave the club so how long will this badge kissing bravado last? Pretty much cost us the CL final imo with his petty crap. It irritates me that our 21 goals so far striker Anelka was pushed out onto the wing to accommodate a disinterested Drogba. Understandable now that he's firing again, but when he wasn't we risked alienating our best striker at the time to accommodate average performances.

Like I said, long may he play well in a Chelsea shirt. Until Summer when I hope he leaves.

• Administrators

I don't care about the badge kissing, which you evidently do, I care about the treatment I saw towards Drogba from our fans both online and at the ground. Now fine, his attitude may have been questionable at times, but it seems to have been revealed that it was due to Scolari - this from interviews with the both of them, and manifesting in the turnaround back to the Drogba of good form with Scolari gone.

Anyway, our reserves are 2-0 down at Spurs, but it's unsurprising when you see the teams

Spurs Reserves: Alnwick, Chimbonda, Bale, Rocha, Gilberto, Bentley, Huddlestone, Rose, Townsend, Campbell, Pavlyuchenko. Subs: Butler (GK), Smith, Livermore, Bostock, Obika.

Chelsea Reserves: Taylor, Ofori-Twumasi, Bruma, Mancienne, van Aanholt, Mineiro, Mellis, Bridcutt, Di Santo, Borini, Stoch. Subs: Nouble, Heimann (GK), Philliskirk, Ahamed, Clifford.

Archived