The 2008/09 Juliano Belletti thread

macca69

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

oh and re: ballack. I really liked the idea of playing him at dmc. ideal as we don't really need a mikel at home to man city with their awful away record. ballack has a great range of passing and is in his latter years. good work guus.

it's kinda like when england played beckham in that role against the minnows at home. they can both ping balls about and get moves going. I approve.

The reserves lost that game 4-0 apparently, Paul Clement saying on the official site that some of the young players "thought [they] had lost when they saw the team sheet" which is a terrible attitude to have. If anyone saw the game, how did Mancienne, van Aanholt, Mellis, Di Santo and Stoch play, since they're widely considered the most talented players of that XI? Be interesting to hear how well (or badly) they did against such an experienced Spurs side.

Stuck the ressies on start of the second half but only watched a few minutes before switching to the West Ham game. Just in those few minutes Spurs looked a level up all over the pitch, as is to be expected.

On an unrelated note, what are peoples views on the booing of Robinho? Was discussing it with a mate who said he was all for it. Didn't understand it myself. This is a lad who spent all summer looking to join us and in doing so burnt his bridges with Real. For whatever reason he ended up at City, be that our fault or not.

If the booing has killed any chances of seeing him in a Chelsea shirt then it's a real shame imo. As poor as he was on Sunday, the lad obviously has some real quality and is clearly a class above our current wing options. Can only think people are a little bitter (not quite the right word) over him joining City and not us.

Sorry, missed that question before. Erm it's not officially been announced but it seems pretty certain. Think the Seattle game may have been confirmed, can't quite remember. Think it's safe to say we wouldn't be making the trip Stateside for just the one game.

No idea with regards to tickets though. Nothing would have been annnounced yet anyway.

I don't care about the badge kissing, which you evidently do, I care about the treatment I saw towards Drogba from our fans both online and at the ground. Now fine, his attitude may have been questionable at times, but it seems to have been revealed that it was due to Scolari - this from interviews with the both of them, and manifesting in the turnaround back to the Drogba of good form with Scolari gone.

I mentioned the badge kissing because a few pages back you brought it up when he ran to the fans and kissed the badge and pointed to the ground as if it was his home, and wondering if it was genuine. For what it's worth I think it probably is genuine, just it won't last. Again I realise it was down to Scolari, but I take issue with someone playing with the attitude he was, regardless of the situation. Chelsea pay his wages, not Scolari, and he should want to perform for Chelsea regardless of his and Scolari's falling out, which clearly wasn't the case.

Yeah had no idea why Robinho was getting booed tbh. The only person who should be booed is Kenyon, who messed the deal up.

Robinho admitted several times where he wanted to play, became severley disliked at Madrid, so felt he had to join City.

Charging a £4.45 booking fee for Semi Final tickets, swindling bastards! And tickets have to be signed on delivery, that could cause a few problems. Still, opportunity to shush a few Arsenal fans will be lovely.

Getting rather nervous ahead of the draw tomorrow. Would like to avoid the English clubs. Wouldn't mind Munchen or Porto.

+ Lee Sawyer has gone out on loan to Wycombe.

• SI Staff
Spurs/Chelsea from 2001 on ESPN Classic, Spurs fans singing "what a waste of money" at Lampard :**************)

This reminded me that Hasselbaink was a diving cheat!!!

Also forgot how silly manu Petit's hair and Ed De Goey's tash looked :)

Archived