The 2008/09 Juliano Belletti thread

macca69

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What a game that was.

Goalies in total shambles make for great entertainment

Drogba MoM IMO...he socred one and created 3. Tbh the first goal is his as the ball was going in if reina didn't touch, then gets foul for second, assist for 3rd and gets ball back and through for 4th. It was a performance like we know he's capable off but that as eluded him for so long, simply top class.

We'll score early and cruise it.

Bit closer than you thought Mr Rolfe.

Was a cracker of a match with just about everything in it. Really thought we would do you when Kuyt buried that header, but we were too open at the back by then. Christ knows what system we were using by then, but credit to your lot for not crumbling under major pressure. Good luck v Barca, should be a belter hopefully :thup:

A right footer at left back might actually be good against Messi tbh.

We played Arbeloa at left back for his debut in the Nou Camp and he was fantastic v Messi. Think Ivanovic will do a good job on him tbh for your lot.

Congratulations on going through. I didn't see the game as was working but just seen the highlights and think we would have pulled it off had not been for reina's mistake.

I am proud of our lads putting that performance when 3-1 down in the leg and 3-2 on the night and I'm sure you lot are proud of your guys not cracking under the pressure at 2-0 and 4-3 down.

Liverpool showing they we can compete with the best this season and chelsea showing they are still a top side. Well done on your win you deserve it over the 2 legs.

What is the general feeling among Chelsea fans on Lampard being omitted from the PFA Player of the Year shortlist? As an Arsenal fan I was shocked that he isn't on there (and obviously even more shocked at who is...).

couldn't give a toss. those awards aren't worth the paper that's wasted on them.

Hah...I just read the match thread. What a delightful mongfest.

My poor heart needs us to just do Arsenal about 6-0 with 70% of the possession and an equal amount of the game played in their half. No more games like that, please, at least for a few weeks.

Also some bloke saw my programme and gave me tomorrows Sun. JUST GR8! Gr8est game ever!

Seriously though, best game i've been too. Can't see it being trumped anytime soon either.

Am very much looking forward to reading the match thread tomorrow.

I missed the game as had to work and didn't bother recording it as wasn't expecting much after the first leg but do you really think it was greatest game ever? Maybe best champions league game ever but best match ever has to go some to beat the Newcastle 4-3, Everton 4-4, Chelsea Arsenal with Kanu scoring a hatrick i think etc.

I have not read the match thread though heard it was a bit of a **** fest, what sort of things were said? I can imagine both sets of supporters going through the emotions as the goals were going in.

I missed the game as had to work and didn't bother recording it as wasn't expecting much after the first leg but do you really think it was greatest game ever? Maybe best champions league game ever but best match ever has to go some to beat the Newcastle 4-3, Everton 4-4, Chelsea Arsenal with Kanu scoring a hatrick i think etc.

I have not read the match thread though heard it was a bit of a **** fest, what sort of things were said? I can imagine both sets of supporters going through the emotions as the goals were going in.

I dont know if it was the greatest game ever, those are this mornings headlines of The Sun. Was certainly the best match i've ever witnessed.

Well fellow Chelsea Fans did you go through the mill last night like i did. I have written my match report and posted the goals up here on my Chelsea Fans Blog for Chelsea fans. Come and have a look and let me know if you agree or not. http://chelseadaft.blogspot.com

You can also add me on facebook or twitter to receive my regular daily post updates!

• Administrators

We play Saturday Tone.

Easily the best game I've ever been to, or seen, or anything. Was mayhem in MHL, dunno what seat I ended up in in the end, went flying more than once, nearly lost my keys, have half lost my voice, simply amazing.

Would have loved to be in that changing room at half time to see what on earth was said to get that second half performance.

Archived