macca69

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest roberto922
Or I recognise what the future for Arsenal is likely to be like

A fortune teller eh? What are next weeks lotto tickets? that'll do for me

• Administrators

Gotta ask yourself are you happy with a manager who puts together a team which isn't capable of finishing above one which is on its last legs, or so you say.

Good stuff with the glory hunters as well. You've never known an Arsenal which wasn't successful, so are you one?

Nuno Morais, Anthony Grant, Felipe Oliveira, Lenny Pidgeley, Steven Watt, Michael Mancienne, Jimmy Smith, Gael Kakuta, Sam Hutchinson, Ben Sahar, Scott Sinclair, Michael Woods, Harry Worley, Lee Sawyer, Rhys Taylor, Miroslav Stoch, Jacob Mellis

These are all youngsters now, but compare it to the youth at Arsenal:

Gibbs, Djourou, Wilshere, Ramsey, Vela still have so much improving to do, compared to that poor list of Chelsea products. This isn't even counting the first teamers either which would add: Fabregas, Nasri, Walcott and Song, while Eduardo, Clichy, Sagna, Adebayor, RVP and Arshavin are all far from their prime.

Guest roberto922
Will Everton FC sell their star players to bring in a fresh face or two?

Yeah terrible article, why would a club with a tiny squad and with only a few quid to spend sell all their star players to bring in a 'fresh face or two'?

Horrendous article I agree

Guest roberto922

I know they're getting better tbh, from title challenge last year to holding onto 4th by the grit of your teeth this season, amazing progress

Nuno Morais, Anthony Grant, Felipe Oliveira, Lenny Pidgeley, Steven Watt, Michael Mancienne, Jimmy Smith, Gael Kakuta, Sam Hutchinson, Ben Sahar, Scott Sinclair, Michael Woods, Harry Worley, Lee Sawyer, Rhys Taylor, Miroslav Stoch, Jacob Mellis

Something tells you these players are already in their prime, yes ?

• Administrators

These are all youngsters now, but compare it to the youth at Arsenal:

Gibbs, Djourou, Wilshere, Ramsey, Vela still have so much improving to do, compared to that poor list of Chelsea products. This isn't even counting the first teamers either which would add: Fabregas, Nasri, Walcott and Song, while Eduardo, Clichy, Sagna, Adebayor, RVP and Arshavin are all far from their prime.

Haha, brilliant. Kakuta, Hutchinson, Stoch and Mellis are poor? Ever seen them play? Actually know anything?

Do you know how old Arshavin is?

I know exactly how old Arshavin is. But do you think after a couple of months in England he is fully settled and ar his best? Really?

And yes Phillip, I have seen them play, but with this kind or argument I guess you can only wait and see. The Arsenal youngsters have proven they can compete in the Prem. And with Fabregas, Walcott, Rosicky, Eduardo out for months of the season. Adeabyor out for a couple of periods and half the defence out now, could any other side challenge for the league with such calibre of players out? Realistically no. I no chelsea have has injuries, but not to the same level, injuries have hurt both sides. I'm just assuming we dont have the same amount every season. Last year we didnt and look how close we were.

Haha, brilliant. Kakuta, Hutchinson, Stoch and Mellis are poor? Ever seen them play? Actually know anything?

Do you know how old Arshavin is?

He looks like a little boy :D Must have been Wenger's reason for signing him.

I know exactly how old Arshavin is. But do you think after a couple of months in England he is fully settled and ar his best? Really?

And yes Phillip, I have seen them play, but with this kind or argument I guess you can only wait and see. The Arsenal youngsters have proven they can compete in the Prem. And with Fabregas, Walcott, Rosicky, Eduardo out for months of the season. Adeabyor out for a couple of periods and half the defence out now, could any other side challenge for the league with such calibre of players out? Realistically no. I no chelsea have has injuries, but not to the same level, injuries have hurt both sides. I'm just assuming we dont have the same amount every season. Last year we didnt and look how close we were.

Over the last 2 seasons we have had a stupid amount of injuries and yet we had been the closest team to Utd by a long way so its not really an excuse.

But look at what's happened since Mourinho took over.

Very much the same. There are few who have been brought in not in the thirties. You'll have Cashley and Ivanovic for a few years. Bosingwa, Carvalho the same. JT and Fankie no doubt will keep it coming. anelka too will be able to. But apart from that, your best hope is building round Essien. There needs to be a serious revamp. It is blatantly obvious. The question is whether you will be able to. That's what we have to wait on. But my point is completely right, because if you look at ManUtd, they have had a period of success forso long that they can bring in average young players such as Welbeck and Gibson and almsot beat Everton, as the winning mentality is drilled into them. Chelsea will be unable to do the same. How many young players are gettin g games for you?

Also, Cech clearly not the same since he put the silly hat on. Whether it's psychological since the collision, I don't know, but you defo had the best keeper in the world. Get him back to his best, and I think you will do better.

• Administrators

You'll have Cashley and Ivanovic for a few years. Bosingwa, Carvalho the same. JT and Fankie no doubt will keep it coming. anelka too will be able to. But apart from that, your best hope is building round Essien

So seven or eight of our regular eleven? Whatever will we do? :(

because the keeper alone determines how many goals are conceded. I think it's you who doesn't have a clue. Van Der Sar went on a remarkable run of clean sheets but isn't touted as the best in the league. While Manuel Almunia has had one poor game this season, he is a quality keeper.

because the keeper alone determines how many goals are conceded. I think it's you who doesn't have a clue. Van Der Sar went on a remarkable run of clean sheets but isn't touted as the best in the league. While Manuel Almunia has had one poor game this season, he is a quality keeper.

Almunia is not quality, he's decent/good at best. Quality though? Oh dear. 0_o

I didn't say that it is the keeper alone that determines the amount conceeded.:confused:

But look at what's happened since Mourinho took over.

Very much the same. There are few who have been brought in not in the thirties. You'll have Cashley and Ivanovic for a few years. Bosingwa, Carvalho the same. JT and Fankie no doubt will keep it coming. anelka too will be able to. But apart from that, your best hope is building round Essien. There needs to be a serious revamp. It is blatantly obvious. The question is whether you will be able to. That's what we have to wait on. But my point is completely right, because if you look at ManUtd, they have had a period of success forso long that they can bring in average young players such as Welbeck and Gibson and almsot beat Everton, as the winning mentality is drilled into them. Chelsea will be unable to do the same. How many young players are gettin g games for you?

So you have just named 8 players who will still be decent for the next few years, that doesnt imply an over the hill squad.

Bosingwa - Not old

Ivanovic - Not old

Cole - Got a while still

Terry - Same as Cole

Alex - Same

Carvalho - not sure if he will reach his best again

Lamps - Getting better every year

Essien - Got ages left

Mikel - just turned 22

Kalou - young

Malouda - not old

drogs & anelka - not got ages left but still a couple seasons

3 youth players all made some appearances this season.

Di Santo - would have probably played more if it wasnt for injuries, reckon he will be used more next year.

Mancienne - did well on loan got into england squad going to be a big player for us.

Stoch - looked good when come on.

Guest roberto922

Almunia quality :D I wouldn't even put him in the prems top 5 goalkeepers fgs :D

Cech

Given

Reina

Howard

VDS

James

Almunia

Almunia quality :D I wouldn't even put him in the prems top 5 goalkeepers fgs :D

Cech

Given

Reina

Howard

VDS

James

Almunia

Even if he isn't top 5, does that make him bad? Maybe there are actually other good keepers? Put Cech next to Buffon and Casillas and suddenly he's at the bottom of a list of keepers. I believe Almunia has won us quite a few point s this season, and is a very good shot stopper.

So you have just named 8 players who will still be decent for the next few years, that doesnt imply an over the hill squad.

Bosingwa - Not old

Ivanovic - Not old

Cole - Got a while still

Terry - Same as Cole

Alex - Same

Carvalho - not sure if he will reach his best again

Lamps - Getting better every year

Essien - Got ages left

Mikel - just turned 22

Kalou - young

Malouda - not old

drogs & anelka - not got ages left but still a couple seasons

3 youth players all made some appearances this season.

Di Santo - would have probably played more if it wasnt for injuries, reckon he will be used more next year.

Mancienne - did well on loan got into england squad going to be a big player for us.

Stoch - looked good when come on.

But how many years will they last? Not many. Will Lampard be doing his thing in 3 seasons?

The quality isn't there compared to the mourinho team, despite being similar personnel wise.

The youngsters you have named havent proven themselves to be capable in the premiership, although i reserve judgement on mancienne, because i think he could be a very good player. Kalou is very poor tbh, dont mention him.

Kalou is a young squad player his only 23. I think in his time at Chelsea his probably played to much to young. He can be incredibly frustrating at times but if his decision making and consistency improved even a little bit could be a very useful player.

I'm confused as to how all these Chelsea youth players are going to be released without getting a chance whilst the first team players die of old age with no money to replace them.

But if they play, there is no guarantee they will succeed. My point is that they havnt proven themselves, unlike Fabregas, Nasri, Clichy, Walcott etc

Archived