The 2008/09 Juliano Belletti thread

macca69

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can understand the tactical aspect, but then take Ballack off (especially with his yellow). Unless he really wanted to keep Ballack's height on the pitch.

Oh, and btw, Barcelona still havent beaten us 11 vs. 11 :cool:

• Administrators
Have to wonder, why on earth did Lampard go off? Didnt look pleased either, understandbly.

With Ballack and Mikel holding and Malouda and Essien doubling back to help the fullbacks he was absolutely isolated. Long balls went over his head to Drogba and he had no way to get into the game. Those were the tactics we needed to play though, so Lamps was essentially sacrificed.

Poor game to watch as a netrual but great result if you are a Chelsea fan although think you could have got a goal and maybe won the game if you went for it as Barcelona looked frustrated after about 35 mins and although they have a great attack you have a great defence and Barcelona are vunable at the back and Drogba was causing problems.

Chelsea done what they set out to do and now have a great chance of going through, can't see Barcelona keeping a clean sheet.

Something just jogged my memory about Puyol last night. That late tackle where he clattered Malouda, causing him to get treatment on his back, that wasn't the tackle he was carded for was it? Although the commentators said it was. He had actually been booked for a tackle a minute or two previously to that I thought hadn't he? Should have been sent off iirc.

Something just jogged my memory about Puyol last night. That late tackle where he clattered Malouda, causing him to get treatment on his back, that wasn't the tackle he was carded for was it? Although the commentators said it was. He had actually been booked for a tackle a minute or two previously to that I thought hadn't he? Should have been sent off iirc.

I think there was an offside just before. Still should have probably been a yellow. Not many people mentioning this, just the fact that we are anti-football and if we go through have destroyed the beautiful game. :D

Team for Fulham at the weekend? Has to be resting key players surely?

Cech, Mancienne, Terry, Ivanovic, Cole, Mikel, Belletti, Lampard, Quaresma, Kalou, Anelka will blatantly be it though.

Sounds about right. I wonder what the team would be without any of our 1st choice 11 ? Our squad isnt as big as it used to be.

• Administrators
Sounds about right. I wonder what the team would be without any of our 1st choice 11 ? Our squad isnt as big as it used to be.

It'd need to include some of them tbf. Hilário, Belletti, Alex/Ivanovic, Mineiro, Mikel, Quaresma, Kalou, Stoch, Di Santo would all fit into the second string list, forgetting the injured Deco, Carvalho, Ferreira and Cole.

Think CareFree has also expressed a distaste for Ancelotti in the past and mag man is asking whether he'd prefer Bilic or Ancelotti.

Could be well off the mark mind.

Yes thats what I meant would you rather Bilic or Ancelotti? :D

Archived