The 2008/09 Juliano Belletti thread

macca69

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrators

I will boldly predict the following teams

Cech, Ivanovic, Terry, Alex, Cole, Essien, Ballack, Lampard, Bosingwa, Malouda, Drogba

Valdes, Alves, Pique, Abidal, Sylvinho, Keita, Toure, Xavi, Iniesta, Messi, Eto'o

I will boldly predict the following teams

Cech, Ivanovic, Terry, Alex, Cole, Essien, Ballack, Lampard, Bosingwa, Malouda, Drogba

Valdes, Alves, Pique, Abidal, Sylvinho, Keita, Toure, Xavi, Iniesta, Messi, Eto'o

You reckon they will play Bosingwa on the wing? Has he played there much this season (or ever)?

• Administrators

Dunno really, he did a really good job in the first leg and doesn't really deserve dropping, but neither does Ivanovic, so I can see Hiddink using him in much the same capacity he did Essien in the first leg but with the added pace on a smaller pitch for a direct game.

Guest roberto922

You'll be very lucky if Messi has another off day tonight, if he is on form you're basically gonna have to hang on for your lives tbh, he's untouchable at his best.

Good luck, backing you to win if you get through, the players will be right up for it and I just want Utd to miss out on it after the season I've had with their fans, more unbearable than usual,

Dunno really, he did a really good job in the first leg and doesn't really deserve dropping, but neither does Ivanovic, so I can see Hiddink using him in much the same capacity he did Essien in the first leg but with the added pace on a smaller pitch for a direct game.

Can certainly see the logic in that, especially as your other options are Essien (who's not really suited to it), Quaresma (Crap), Anleka (Looks average on wing), Lampard (like Essien) or Kalou (way too inconsistent).

Meh. Late equaliser as predictable as the sun rising in the morning. Add this **** to the list of bent Scandinavian refs who've screwed us over. Hopefully this one will retire as well. ****.

save me the bother, is the match thread full of sp*st*c Arsenal fans ******* furiously over football being the winner?

Meh. Late equaliser as predictable as the sun rising in the morning. Add this **** to the list of bent Scandinavian refs who've screwed us over. Hopefully this one will retire as well. ****.

save me the bother, is the match thread full of sp*st*c Arsenal fans ******* furiously over football being the winner?

there are United and Liverpool fans as well fwiw

The referee tonight was absolutely abhorrant tonight, he deserves to get fired for that. Iniesta's goal was brilliant, we should have finished off the game a couple of times and Drogba's behaviour was shameful and appalling (again), but there's no doubt that the reason was lost was because of the referee. I'm frankly furious.

Its fully of pretty much everyone who doesn't support Chelsea basically saying that, being righteous wankers.

well, I for one am shocked.

Hope United arserape them into next year. Which judging by the performances last night and tonight they will do.

well, I for one am shocked.

Hope United arserape them into next year. Which judging by the performances last night and tonight they will do.

United are far better than Barca. Ref got every decision wrong including the red.

Gonna post my opinions in here as the match thread is full of wankers-

The red had a poor game for both teams, Chelsea def should have had penalty at some point but Abidal shouldn't have been sent off.

Chelsea really were the better team even if they didn't have much of the ball, defended very well and shut out Barcelona as well as making good use of the ball when they did have it and creating several opportunities to kill the game off. The players lost their discipline at the end and should be punished for it but its understandable considering that they were cruising until the 92nd minute and it showed the players cared. Barcelona were jammy winners but that's football and seems to regularly happen in European games (Liverpool).

Listen guys, I'm a gooner all the way, I wanted Barca to win no doubt, and you guys been unfairly harsh to me recently, but listen you still got a cup final. You were brilliant over the two legs, and I think losing in this way, may just help you keep Hiddink.

The only people I'm sorry for are Hiddink, Lamps and Essien.

Would hate to be JT right now.

• Administrators
Unlucky guys, fair play. Say where's Phillip?

At the match, something I'm not sure you're familiar with.

Crushed and gutted, but not as painful as it might have been because I saw it coming. Just can't concede that much ball and ground to a team and get away with it.

Ballack was MAGNIFICENT and it deserves to be capitalised. Terry good, everyone else patchy, Bosingwa had a great first half. As for the end and all that, tell me Didier doesn't care, I ****ing dare you.

the thing is, even though I was rooting for barca and was celebrating like mad, you got to feel for the fans and players who thought they were going to the final. and there certainly won't be any more claims that drogba doesn't care.

At the match, something I'm not sure you're familiar with.

Crushed and gutted, but not as painful as it might have been because I saw it coming. Just can't concede that much ball and ground to a team and get away with it.

Ballack was MAGNIFICENT and it deserves to be capitalised. Terry good, everyone else patchy, Bosingwa had a great first half. As for the end and all that, tell me Didier doesn't care, I ****ing dare you.

haha great minds?

Guest roberto922

I feel for the fans and Hiddink, the players can gtf after their post match display though

• Administrators

I don't see how you can criticise the reaction of the players. Everyone wants their team to care, to show commitment and a little bit of passion, and lambast them if they don't, but when the stakes are at their highest and you're right on that edge, I'm proud of how Didier and Ballack reacted.

Guest roberto922

Are you serious? Theres showing passion and then theres just being overly aggressive and showing disgraceful behaviour.

• Administrators

Trust me, if Everton's players react the same in the FA Cup Final after a similar referee performance, you'll be defending it. I can totally see why everyone outside of Chelsea will castigate the players, but you're not going to get much change out of us.

Guest roberto922

I can't say I won't see it differently if I'm going through those emotions but the fact stands that the way they acted was a disgrace.

• Administrators
Come on ffs, its indefensible, especially when they could get bans for it. Thought you deserved to win but the reaction was a disgrace.

I suppose it was a disgrace when Roy Keane did it back in the day?

The thing i hate the most about this result is Chelsea not having another manager in charge. Someone like JM would verbally kill everyone around...haven't watched Guus react but i'm sure it was all pretty light and not the rage that this deserved.

Didn't see nothing too wrong with the protests at the end in fact i think Ballack did extra well to avoid touching the ref in that run. i seriously think the protests were light for what we saw from the ref today..it's probably the most untrue final result ever in football

I suppose it was a disgrace when Roy Keane did it back in the day?

I was at that game and embarrased by his and the teams reaction, to say you're proud of what they did is ridiculous. You really didn't deserve to lose but there reactions were just a disgrace.

Btw does that mean the players they didn't surrond the ref shouting and swearing like Lampard mean they didn't care? No, I think not.

Archived