The 2008/09 Juliano Belletti thread

macca69

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Are you likely to rest players against Sunderland or play a full strength team?

Hiddink said he's got the FA Cup Final in mind and might make two or three changes, but the side will still be a 'competitive'. My bet would be something like:

Cech - Mancienne, Terry, Carvalho, Cole - Lampard, Mikel, Essien - Kalou, Drogba, Anelka.

With some kids on the bench (Sinclair, Stoch, Di Santo) any of the regulars not in the XI.

Chelsea will line-up in a 4-3-3 formation as follows:

1 Petr Cech

17 José Bosingwa

2 Branislav Ivanovic

26 John Terry ©

3 Ashley Cole

35 Juliano Belletti

12 John Mikel Obi

5 Michael Essien

39 Nicolas Anelka

11 Didier Drogba

15 Florent Malouda

Substitutes: 40 Hilario, 42 Michael Mancienne, 13 Michael Ballack, 43 Miroslav Stoch, 16 Scott Sinclair, 23, Salomon Kalou, 9 Franco Di Santo.

Same old, same old.

Thanks for thw link Juni, just had a look at the youth and reserve team goal of the season contenders. Some screamers in there, although my favourite was Mitrovic's goal (goal D), awesome team goal.

• Administrators

Just updating the season stats, will post them after the FA Cup Final, but a few notes I've found in doing them.

- Nicolas Anelka has hit the woodwork seven times.

- Joe Cole, Jose Bosingwa and John Terry the only outfield players not to make a sub appearance all season.

- Frank Lampard currently has 21 all competition assists. The next best is Salomon Kalou with 8.

- John Obi Mikel, Michael Ballack and John Terry enter the FA Cup Final with 10 yellow cards each.

Lots of speculation surrounding us signing Marko Arnautovic from FC Twente. He's a young lad I don't know all that much about but he seems to play a little Ibrahimovic-like.

He a very good player over here in Holland, if he is ready for the EPL I don't think so, he will be after 1 or 2 more years maturing in Holland.

He is indeed a kind of zlatan player, quick, good technique, good vision and can finish him self as well.

Transfer Arnautovic not done, after the Chelsea doctors found that his foot injury (which he got in the cup final) can sideline him for 4 ~ 5 months.

Arnautovic taught the injury wasn't bad and travelled to Vienna for the WC qualifier, here medic check was held under supervision of a Chelsea doctor was flown in to check the injury, which Chelsea at first didn't know about.

Arnautovic al ready agreed on personal terms with Chelsea on a 3 year deal which would earn him 2,5M€/year.

So he might not come at all, as Chelsea is now reconsidering the deal

What do you guys make of this in the Daily Mail.

AC Milan boss Carlo Ancelotti says he could become Chelsea manager as early as next week if the Italian club do not want to keep him. He has also told Blues owner Roman Abramovich that he wants to sign two midfielders - Bayern Munich's Franck Ribery and Xabi Alonso of Liverpool.

I hate it when we are linked to experienced central midfielders, hardly a problem position with Lamps, Mikel, Essien and Ballack. Would much rather we had a youngster to use as backup.

Also media seem to be linking us with Ancelotti everyday and dont really believe much of what they say regarding players.

So who's watching tonight? I probably wont. I'll just get flashbacks to the Barcelona match and thinking we should be playing tonight. Then, I'd probably imagine us up against Man U, giving me flashbacks to last years final. Its a no-win situation really.

I will be but I dont know who I would rather win.

Barcelona cheated us so a good reason for them to lose but so many people I know who support Man U will be/are utter *****.

If Barcelona win will just think it should have been us :( but means we went out to the winner and have less ***** to deal with.

I also hope its the most boring final ever :D

what did he say?

Roughly it went like this;

The first two years everyone had a team spirit, ate, drunk did everything together but in the third/last season (before José left) he started to treat certain players better than others, the team spirit was gone. Certain players got star treatment while others did not and then José had several fall outs/arguments with Roman Abramovich and it was all falling apart.

I genuinely dont think Ancelotti is going to be our new manager. Massive smokescreen imo. Hope it's announced quickly after the final though, the waiting is rather painstaking and I cant plan/think about next season without knowing who it is.

Moyes to be poached after the final ;)

I would hate to have Ancelotti as manager If I was a Chelsea fan, under him A.C Milan have probably gone backwards and while he has won he Champions League he has done **** all of worth in the league. Also just look at the age of his squad...

• Administrators

Mediawatch has always thought, from afar, that Carlo Ancelotti was not a particularly exciting man. A chap happy to take orders, and persist with his collection of OAPs at Milan. Not an especially entertaining man to have at Chelsea.

However, after reading about the details of his new book - or 'The Longest Resignation Letter In History', as it might also be called - we're prepared to revise that view.

The Daily Mail reports it contains the story of how 'Mathieu Flamini was conned by an Italian-speaking colleague into announcing that he would like to perform oral s*x on everybody in the Milan team'.

Nice. It seems he's not averse to 'dissing' (as we believe the kids on da street say these days) his predecessors:

'I thought, there are worse things in life than me and Abramovich together. The worst for him had already been and gone. He had already worked with His Specialness, Mourinho...We looked up at the television and there was his Mourinhoness, comparing himself to Jesus. I thought, 'Forgive him his sins, he knows not what he is talking about.''

We also suspect that the man himself has ideas above his station, if the following extract from The Times's account of the tome is to be believed:

'I, like 007, on my own. Sat behind a driver with the face of a killer. More than a taxi, this is like a time machine, from Milanello [the Serie A club's training ground] to Stamford Bridge, from yesterday to tomorrow, from one devil (the rossonero) to another...'

We're actually looking forward to this now...

What a loon.

Archived