The 2008/09 Juliano Belletti thread

macca69

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's not the first time Felipão loses on penalties. :(

Felipão's Grêmio lost on penalties vs Ajax in 1995 (Intercontinental Cup) although he did win on penalties some times too (ex: Libertadores final 1999 with Palmeiras vs Deportivo Cali).

By the way, is Belletti going to join Benfica on loan?

Chelsea will line-up in a 4-3-3 formation as follows:

1 Petr Cech

2 Branislav Ivanovic

33 Alex

26 John Terry ©

3 Ashley Cole

13 Michael Ballack

12 John Mikel Obi

8 Frank Lampard

24 Shaun Wright-Phillips

39 Nicolas Anelka

15 Florent Malouda

Subs: 23 Carlo Cudicini, 40 Hilario, 19 Paulo Ferreira, 6 Ricardo Carvalho, 18 Wayne Bridge, 20 Deco, 10 Joe Cole, 17 Scott Sinclair, 36 Franco Di Santo, 7 Andriy Shevchenko.

It seems so. We'll see when the real season starts. Drogba injured, Shevchenko recovering from an operation, Kaloooooooooou at the olympics. Means Anelka is guaranteed 2 starts according to Scolari, as that's when Drogba comes back from injury. Maybe we'll see Franco di Santo or Scott Sinclair on the bench :cool:

Cracking result versus Milan - their reserves or not. Nice to see a good confidence booster from Anelka, even if he's still a bit of a knob for ECL.

Anyhow, where's anyone found good to get the new black away shirt? Think it looks better than the home one.

Drogba's about to sign a new four year deal according to SSN and other sources.

My view is **** him get rid, but I'm sure/know others will have a different viewpoint.

He's too much of a ME player. get rid for £20 million and bring in a Villa or someone else. I know i'm not naming names but I'm drunk!

Drogba has had his chance to commit. Too much like Adebayor, don't give it all that I love the club really and kiss the shirt, you don't. Take your money and be happy, don't patronise me with your false outpourings of emotion. We're not a tinpot republic here..... or are we?

Anyway. Got a good feeling about this season. Got my Annual trip to Wigan already sorted. Plan to go to Liverpool away as well. And try for the local game against Pompey... or the miracle of Saints in the cup!!!!

Any other games are bonuses. Although I'm trying to organise a work trip to co-incide with hull away!!!

• Administrators

We'd never get £20m for Drogba, nor find a replacement of his quality for a price less than we sold him for.

Also, he's never kissed the shirt, but I don't think anyone can deny his commitment to the club since he's been here. In the biggest games, he's the one driving the team on, trying to get the fans up, he leads.

We'd never get £20m for Drogba, nor find a replacement of his quality for a price less than we sold him for.

Also, he's never kissed the shirt, but I don't think anyone can deny his commitment to the club since he's been here. In the biggest games, he's the one driving the team on, trying to get the fans up, he leads.

Can't deny his commitment to the club? Are you kidding? In the biggest games he drives the team on and leads, or as some might see it, another 'come and get me' call to AC Milan. Did a great job leading by example in the CL Final too by the way. He's wanted a move away for half of the season and maybe his performances on the pitch seem to indicate commitment but I'd wager it's more self-preservation than any true dedication to the club.

I'm not knocking his performances at all, he's been a top player for the club, and almost single handedly dragged us through that semi-final against Liverpool. However it's been clear for a while he wanted to leave the club, and now suddenly he's being offered more money he's committed again.

We can look to Drogba for many things, goals, performances and perhaps leadership, but commitment I think we'll struggle to find.

I seem to have a problem with using commas way too much and stretching sentences out too far.

So pre-season done and dusted, having watched a few games and missed a few the team I would go with to start the season would be:

GK: Cech

DR: Essien

DL: Cole

DC: Ricky

DC: Terry

MC: Ballack

MC: Deco

MC: Lampard

AMR: Joey

AML: Malouda

ST: Anelka

Thats how I would start bearing in mind some injuries. Midfield is the only place I am not sure what Scolari is planning. Perhaps dropping Malouda out and putting Paulo in and moving Essien into the midfield, Kalou close to the starting line up as hes had a very good pre season as well.

What do you guys think Scolari will start with?

I now think that we won't get Robinho even though he definitely wants to play for us :(

Although what comes out of calderon's mouth very rarely has anything to do with the truth...

My money is on us getting robinho, but for closer to £30m. I suspect calderon's just trying to talk up the price.

Archived