The 2008/09 Juliano Belletti thread

macca69

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is it wrong that i'd rather watch us lose 2-0 with a team of young-uns tonight than the inevitable 3-0 win with a team of squad members. Of the team I posted above, 7 have made a first team appearance already and 2 have been on the bench. Hardly the under 14s is it.

Phil, is van Aanholt fit again?

• Administrators

I think he was back in training last week but he's been out like six weeks so probably not match fit.

I don't want the kids to play selfishly as I'm going to a gig instead and would be gutted to miss debuts. I've resigned myself to Stoch getting some minutes but otherwise it's a big total bag of meh to me, and I expected nothing less.

Player a year to the first team from 2010? Baw locks.

Squad announced on website

TEAM NEWS: CHELSEA V BURNLEY

Posted on: Wed 12 Nov 2008

Luiz Felipe Scolari has named an experiment tie for tonight's Carling Cup fourth round tie against Burnley. Didier Drogba starts.

The Ivorian replaces in-form Nicolas Anelka who is one of several first team regulars not to feature at all.

Wayne Bridge is named Chelsea captain for the first time as John Terry is rested. Branislav Ivanovic and Paulo Ferreira join Alex in completing the back four.

In midfield Mineiro makes his first start, while Juliano Belletti also features from the beginning in a more advanced role alongside Deco.

In goal, Carlo Cudicini returns for a rare outing in place of Petr Cech. Youngster Michael Woods is named on the bench.

For Burnley, Michael Duff steps into central defence for the suspended Clarke Carlisle, while Martin Paterson replaces Steven Thompson, who is cup-tied.

Chelsea will line-up in a 4-1-4-1 formation as follows:

23 Carlo Cudicini

19 Paulo Ferreira

33 Alex

2 Branislav Ivanovic

18 Wayne Bridge ©

27 Mineiro

21 Salomon Kalou

20 Deco

35 Juliano Belletti

15 Florent Malouda

11 Didier Drogba

Substitutes: 40 Hilario, 26 John Terry, 12 John Mikel Obi, 44 Michael Woods, 8 Frank Lampard, 16 Scott Sinclair, 9 Franco Di Santo

Burnley are expected to line-up in the following 4-4-2 formation:

Jensen; Alexander, Duff, Caldwell ©, Jordan; Elliott, Gudjonsson, McCann, Eagles; Blake, Paterson.

Substitutes: Penny, Kay, MacDonald, Rodriguez, McDonald, Akinbiyi, Mahon.

The referee is Keith Stroud.

Phenomenally stupid team. Why Malouda or Kalou need any more time on the pitch when Scott or Di Santo could be getting their chances to impress simply frazzles the cranium. I love that Scolari's pushing for more entertaining, attractive football and he deserves all the credit in the world for making us watchable again, but by God his (non)approach to youngsters needs a kicking.

Lampard's just come on (and predictably nabbed an immediate assist). What's the betting that Terry and Mikel are the subs to follow him?

EDIT: Phil got his wish though.

haha, it's not a kneejerk reaction. It's the most predictable thing ever. Play some youths who aren't going to turn up thinking the game is in the bag and maybe we'll get a performance. Trip to Burnley or not it's a game against Burnley that the likes of Malouda won't be up for. Hence 1-1. Against Burnley. At Stamford Bridge. If everyone in the thread saw this coming how can Scolari not?

haha, why are arsenal always the ****ing benchmark for carling cup performances? obviously the chelsea lads aren't arsed tonight. who can blame them? but as soon as anyone concedes a goal in this competition it's all 'OMG ARSENAL WOULDNT HAVE DONE THIS'. have they ever even won the ****ing thing?

haha, why are arsenal always the ****ing benchmark for carling cup performances? obviously the chelsea lads aren't arsed tonight. who can blame them? but as soon as anyone concedes a goal in this competition it's all 'OMG ARSENAL WOULDNT HAVE DONE THIS'. have they ever even won the ****ing thing?

Well compare their performance last night to ours tonight, and Liverpool's tonight. Hence they are the benchmark. Because they consistently out perform the majority of teams in the competition whilst playing their youth players.

Carlo is a bit of a penalty king. Touch wood.

haha fair enough then. My post is entirely in the context of us being told how unprofessional we were yesterday and how Wilkin's would keep their full side in and take it all so seriously.

The spaffing over our kids is ludicrous, we've agreed on that elsewhere. :D

Chelsea to win the cup tbh.

haha fair enough then. My post is entirely in the context of us being told how unprofessional we were yesterday and how Wilkin's would keep their full side in and take it all so seriously.

The spaffing over our kids is ludicrous, we've agreed on that elsewhere. :D

Chelsea to win the cup tbh.

yeah couldn't agree more about the hilarity of wilkin's comments now in light of this situation.

wow, the benchmark of the carling cup. give wenger a 10 year contract please.

You asked why they were the benchmark of the Carling Cup so I told you. If you wanted to know why they're the benchmark of other competitions you should have asked, at which point I would have said they're not.

Bridge could not look more disinterested whilst missing. Twat.

Archived