The 2008/09 Juliano Belletti thread

macca69

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Talking of Jose Mourinho (as we were back at 1601 GMT), could he make a sensational return to Stamford Bridge in the summer? "If you ask me if one day I think I will return to Chelsea," he said today. "I will tell you yes I think so, I think so because we were so happy together. But when I say one day, I am not saying to you when." Mmmm, mysterious...

How good would that be?

Would be crying from joy. Enough messing around the past 2 years, time to get Mourinho back :D

Mancienne's doing well, wonderful to see him start, he's looked very assured and not given the ball away (the free kick he conceded was a bad decision by the ref). My only criticism is that he seems reluctant to push forward, although with Anelka staying central he'd be rather isolated anyway. After such a bright start it's irritating to see Chelsea condense their play through the middle again as there was lots of room on the flanks early on. Anelka and Kalou have produced nothing (apart from Kalou missing two good chances), we could do with seeing Quaresma and Stoch in their places to provide some crosses for Drogba and Ballack.

If Drogba even played to 70% of his potential each game he would be awesome. But the fact is he doesnt. He only performed when he wanted to last season, and doesnt even want to do that this season. We should of outed him as soon as he got sent off against Utd in the CL Final. For most people that would inspire them to play there best but Drogba is more interested in bumming either Milan. Someone will pay £15 million for him.

Deco is ****, and the players dont seem to like him, he is also ****. Someone will take him for £5 million.

Malouda is nearly as useful as a paraplegic lacking all of his senses. Someone will take him for £8 million.

Ballack is a good player, but he doesn't seem to have the same impact anymore. Massive **** though. But we could get £8 Million for him, which could be put into a David Villa fund.

Around £20 million could be made through the sales of: Alex (Mancienne and Ivanovic for cover), Ferreira (Belletti and Ivanovic for cover), and Kalou.

Er, halve all those transfer fees and you're in the right ballpark!

Every one of Anelka's goals were good, a good hat-trick. I'm not convinced though. We're playing against Watford a team like what 30 places below us. We should be challenging against Manchester United and Liverpool away who are ahead of us, we should beat Watford comfortably away who are 30 places below us.

Nightmare journey home but that was a bit fun. Bit of a scare though! Great to see Nico bagging the hattrick and fantastic to see Mancienne start and play well. Thought Stoch did well, gave us the width we craved. Liked that he came on before Deco/Quaresma et all. He needs a better song though, his current one is rubbish imo. Was also nice to read that Hiddink was at the youth team game this morning. Anyway, job done.

Anyone have any preferences next round?

1 Sheffield United or Hull City

2 Chelsea

3 West Ham United or Middlesbrough

4 Blackburn Rovers or Coventry City

5 Derby County or Manchester United

6 Swansea City or Fulham

7 Everton or Aston Villa

8 Cardiff City or Arsenal or Burnley

United/Derby, Everton/Villa tomorrow. Arsenal/Cardiff on Monday. All others ended in draws today.

I want winners of Swansea/Fulham. Away please.

Quaresma is starting for the stiffs tonight, along with Stoch and Di Santo. If I didn't have the longest day eveeeeer I would probably make the trip along.

Taylor, Taiwo, Ofori, Bridcutt, Van Aanholt, Mineiro, Woods, Stoch, Quaresma, Borini, Di Santo

Subs - Heimann, Mellis, Nouble, Ferraira, Neilsen

Something that had slipped my mind till now is the song I heard Chelsea 'fans' singing about Didier Drogba on Saturday. The song was on a par with the abuse handed out to Sol Campbell by Spurs fans. Can't begin to convey how disappointed I was to hear it being sung, both in the pub before and by a minority at the bar at HT. This is one of our own players ffs. Even if he wasn't there is no way in a million years the song would be justifiable.

First time I had heard this particular song being sung and I was both amazed and horrified. Was disgusting.

Really ****ing hate our fans sometimes.

Archived