The 2008/09 Juliano Belletti thread

macca69

I think if you are talking about Kalou then you never know what you are gonna get with him. The other night he played well, in some other games he is too greedy and doesnt lift his head up to have a look where others are to play them in. He is getting better though.

My match preview and some rumours have been posted on my Chelsea Fans Blog for Chelsea fans here http://chelseadaft.blogspot.com so have a look. Also spread the word about the site. Thank you

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Someone needs to have serious words with the website people :D. First the Robinho thing, then the Three Point Lane shenanigans. Now the cover page has the words "watch us finish the job in style" whilst advertising hospitality tickets for the return leg v Liverpool. Maybe i'm being overly sensitive but tempting fate ftl.

And blimey, didn't realise it was that long. About a million matches over the next few weeks to look forward to though.

Lets put the Bolton game into perspective. I think it will give our back four and Cech the kick up the bum they needed to make sure we are nowhere near complacent against Liverpool tomorrow. Liverpool HAVE to attack us but if we score at anytime they will need a miracle. Can you remember the last time someone came to the bridge and beat us by 3 or 4? My full match preview will be on my site later today. Check it out. http://chelseadaft.blogspot.com

Chelsea chairman Bruce Buck has admitted the club plan to raise funds for new signings by selling players in the summer.

Buck has revealed a number of players will leave Stamford Bridge this summer, but he insists there will not be wholesale changes at Stamford Bridge.

The Chelsea supremo also insists Blues owner Roman Abramovich will also dip into his pockets if the right player becomes available even though the club would prefer to fund their transfer budget by offloading current stars.

"I think I could maybe discuss transfers generally. We are expecting some players to leave this summer, I don't know whether it is three, four or five, and several players to come in," Buck told the club's official website.

Good business

"In the large part we would like to fund acquisitions with sales, that just makes good business, but I think that if the player came along at the right price, and it was a hefty price, and it worked for Chelsea Football Club, then Mr Abramovich would be willing to invest more money in the club for that transfer - but by and large we'd like to purchase players with funds that have been received by selling players."

Buck admitted caretaker boss Guus Hiddink will be involved in the club's summer transfer plans and he refused to rule out a move for Juventus hit-man David Trezeguet.

Trezeguet has been linked with a possible summer switch to Stamford Bridge and when asked if Chelsea could sign the Frenchman, Buck said: "He is a good player but we are only just starting to think about summer transfers, so anything you read in the paper regarding transfers at the moment is total fabrication

Help

"Once again, starting this month we have meetings of the football club board, with Frank Arnesen and Guus Hiddink, who will be helping us with our summer transfers, but all the stuff you read in the papers at the moment is total fabrication.

"As the transfer window opens at the end of May you will start to see some action from Chelsea Football Club, but like I said, you are not going to see a wholesale replacement of this team for another team, you are going to see a few players in and a few players out."

Fingers crossed the right player becomes available.

Lets put the Bolton game into perspective. I think it will give our back four and Cech the kick up the bum they needed to make sure we are nowhere near complacent against Liverpool tomorrow. Liverpool HAVE to attack us but if we score at anytime they will need a miracle. Can you remember the last time someone came to the bridge and beat us by 3 or 4? My full match preview will be on my site later today. Check it out. http://chelseadaft.blogspot.com

I agree, I think that scare against Bolton was probably a good thing for Chelsea.

With a 3-0 lead after the first leg, Liverpools best chance would of been complaceny in the Chelsea team but the game against Bolton will certantly of knocked any of that out of the team.

Also, ITV have got the bum deals in the qtr's tonight, Chelsea~Liverpool and Bayern~Barca two ties that were all but decided in the first legs :p

I was at the Bolton game, the biggest threat were long balls into Davies and thats pretty much where there goals came from. We also stopped playing at 4-0.

Liverpool dont have a Davies type player. I cant see them beating us by 3 goals.

I was at the Bolton game, the biggest threat were long balls into Davies and thats pretty much where there goals came from. We also stopped playing at 4-0.

Liverpool dont have a Davies type player. I cant see them beating us by 3 goals.

They have Lucas though :thup::D

Buck admitted caretaker boss Guus Hiddink will be involved in the club's summer transfer plans and he refused to rule out a move for Juventus hit-man David Trezeguet.

Trezeguet has been linked with a possible summer switch to Stamford Bridge and when asked if Chelsea could sign the Frenchman, Buck said: "He is a good player but we are only just starting to think about summer transfers, so anything you read in the paper regarding transfers at the moment is total fabrication."

So saying it's "total fabrication" is now considered "refusing to rule out a move". Got to love the tabloids. If Buck and Kenyon start saying we have money to spend it's going to end up like when Roman first took over and we were linked with ridiculous moves every day.

Dreading the game in a way tonight. After Bolton even if it's nil nil with ten minutes to go I'm gonna be bricking it.

Archived