New Staff Role - Sport Psychologist

IIRC AC Milan have a whole psychological training ground so to speak. They have recovery rooms, and all contracted players are required to attend these session I believe twice a week.

Could be a component why Becks may want to stay in Milan, minus of course the lifestyle, quality of players and the fashion...

A lot of teams use them now. On Fm I can see them being used by say if a player is in bad form or on a goal draught then you could click player interaction and select have a session with the Sport Psychologist. My side Bristol City uses one and when Danny Wilson left one of the reasons was because he had to let ours go due to the chairman thinking it was a luxury but Wilson thought it was vitally important to have one.

:thdn: from me - at least, unless the idea is much further fleshed out.

Previously, the games that I've seen with this, its been "too simple" - hire the best shrink you possibly can, and things are magically better in your squad.

If you only want it to be that deep, then I'd rather that the psychologist not be a named role and in-game entity; better to simply assume that every team has one, and there is no game effect, the same as we assume that every team has a couple of ball boys and water boys.

To make an "interesting decision" around the concept is a lot harder. What are the downsides to hiring a psychologist? What are the downsides of sending a player to the psychologist?

Well before we go that direction, I'd like to see Player Interaction built up so that I can talk to my players about most of their concerns, to buck them up, to relax them, to assure them that they'll get more playing time next year, etc.

Anyone who has seen Mike Bassett: Manager will know the downside of seeing a psychologist (Carltons amazing 'hat-trick')

Archived