Liverpool deducted points

For clubs like Man City and Chelsea do the owners pump more money in on the game ? Or if im Man City and blow all my money in the 1st 2 seasons is that it? Do I just get money from what i make (tickets, merch, feeders etc). Seems silly Chelsea goin into admin with roman still at the club on the game.

In my game I was taken over by a Mexican business man and he has pumped in around £200m over the last 3 years. He just keeps giving :D

I haven't seen a (major) team in my FM game go bankrupt or into administration yet - though I am only in 2011.

In FM08 I saw several - including Liverpool and Arsenal.

I can see several teams having problems in England - West Ham are in serious danger at the moment as they are financed by owners from Iceland who have run out of money. Portsmouth are in trouble because their owner appears to have pulled funding. Liverpool's owners are in trouble because they cannot refinance a loan that needs to be paid off soon...Manchester United are ok because despite their debts they are making profits that can cover the repayments whilst also being able to strenghten the squad. Arsenal are feeling the pinch but their new stadium will keep them out of trouble.

As for Newcastle...Mike Ashley will likely keep them ticking over.

The next few years will be very interesting - the best placed teams...like Aston Villa and Man City will take advantage of the financial weakness of other teams and shoot up the table...we can see this already with Villa. Teams like Hull and Stoke might be able to survive and prosper in the league due to a lack of debt and good management. It may well be a time of change for the top level of English football...

I think that Man Utd only just about managed to pay of the interest on their loans last year despite winning the 1st Division and European Cup, so if they were to not make it into Europe one season they could quite easily go into administration.

If Liverpool did go into admin and running low on funds then all the fans would get together and buy the club! It was a tabled offer to get the yanks out a year or two ago.

I must admit i have given up on FM09 really. Starting again on FM08 but im on with editing the main transfers to match the 09 game.

I think that Man Utd only just about managed to pay of the interest on their loans last year despite winning the 1st Division and European Cup, so if they were to not make it into Europe one season they could quite easily go into administration.

they made something like 40M profit thats without the tansfers added thata they did last season though but still its very good. manchester united have brand power! and have the largest fan base of any club in the world. largly to do with the tragic events of Munich :(

People followed the club then and still have (support passed down from generation to generation so with the added success the fan base has stayed) :)

For clubs like Man City and Chelsea do the owners pump more money in on the game ? Or if im Man City and blow all my money in the 1st 2 seasons is that it?

Chelsea I don't think so, i.e. if you spend too much you're done. But Man City's owner just keeps putting more money in. You see, since every season there's an enourmous amount of transfer kitty available (170M Euros per season, for example), it's easy to spend everything they have in the bank (they start with around 250M Euros). When this happens, i.e. every month that the bank balance goes below 50M Euros, the owners pump more money and replenish the bank balance.

I read someone from SI say that these funds are not limitless but I've seen around 300M Euros being pumped already.

they made something like 40M profit thats without the tansfers added thata they did last season though but still its very good. manchester united have brand power! and have the largest fan base of any club in the world. largly to do with the tragic events of Munich :(

People followed the club then and still have (support passed down from generation to generation so with the added success the fan base has stayed) :)

That's the point I'm making, they owe around £60M a year in interest I think, so with the transfers thar profit get's eaten into very quickly.

That's the point I'm making, they owe around £60M a year in interest I think, so with the transfers thar profit get's eaten into very quickly.

Manchester United made a significant profit even after interest and taxes. If I'm not mistaken, quite a big one, too, with a new television deal, renegotiated interest rates and prize money.

Pre-tax profit at the club, owned by American sports tycoon Malcolm Glazer, jumped 93pc in the year to June 30, from £30.8m to £59.6m.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsbysector/transport/2782377/League-title-drives-Manchester-United-profits.html

Red Football, the holding company behind Manchester United, on the other hand, is a totally different story. However, things are difficult as no doubt there's creative accounting, as there will be at all clubs. The Glazers, however, have different investments and I wouldn't be surprised if Red Football holds various finances for both Manchester United and Tampa Bay.

The profits come, of course, at a cost - namely, ticket prices to Old Trafford.

lol neither utd or liverpool will go into admin. utd could raise an 100M from the sale of rooney+ronaldo.

liverpool could raise 100M from the sale of torres+gerrard.

ontop of all that, due to the 2 clubs massive histories+national loyal (esp in liverpool's case, utd case is more to do with foriegn fanbase) fan bases, there will be MANY investors read to buy the club.

chelsea should be more worried if abra decides to pull the plug (altho he wont).

I'm Liverpool and I'm almost 60 million in the red (as a united fan I must admit this does put a smile on my face) I want to know though if it worsens will the club liquidate and cease to exist on the game ?

Eh! you are a Man U fan but are playing as Liverpool! What on earth are you doing that for? I am a Liverpool fan and will never ever manage Man U.

Eh! you are a Man U fan but are playing as Liverpool! What on earth are you doing that for? I am a Liverpool fan and will never ever manage Man U.

I was out of work for a year on my game the offer came it seemed interesting at the time plus it allowed me to destroy them from the inside ha ha.

They put me on big 5 year deal so at least another season of destruction too ha ha

I was out of work for a year on my game the offer came it seemed interesting at the time plus it allowed me to destroy them from the inside ha ha.

They put me on big 5 year deal so at least another season of destruction too ha ha

anybody got the number for a certain agent 47...

i may have some work for him if cruyff continues this plan

lol neither utd or liverpool will go into admin. utd could raise an 100M from the sale of rooney+ronaldo.

liverpool could raise 100M from the sale of torres+gerrard.

That would be a temporary solution - but they would lose alot of merchandising money - have a lowered fan base - and lose out on prize money if performances suffer. So the 100M might stave off administration for a season or two - but if it put them outside the top 4 then they would still be in trouble.

ontop of all that, due to the 2 clubs massive histories+national loyal (esp in liverpool's case, utd case is more to do with foriegn fanbase) fan bases, there will be MANY investors read to buy the club.

A year ago this would be true. In the current financial climate I suspect there will be less take overs than before.

• 1 month later...

Well everyone here talks about the AI Chelsea's finances running low with Roman still there. But here's a different story, I actually manage Chelsea and in April 2012 my bank balance differs between £9 - 15 million... Month to month. And it's not as if have abnormally high wages, I'm actually about £300 000 per week under the budget. I've got no debt(as far as I know, by looking at the club's value on the information screen), and for all 3 of my past seasons I have either spendthe same amount on transfers as I have received from selling players or I have actually made a profit from selling players. Alarmingly while my balance is £9 million, I still have £35 million left for my transfer budget(which I'm obviously not going to use.) The only thing I can think of that decreased my income and thus partly caused this is that for only the 2011/12 I played in the UEFA Cup and not the Champions League, because I had finished 5th in the league the previous season, shocking I know... but I have a good excuse! I sold bigname players including, Drogba, Anelka, J Cole, Bosingwa, Shevchenko, Deco etc... Because of their age, I want to build a young world class side with youngsters. Anyway, I just wanted to let you know the perspective of someone playing as Chelsea. ;-)

There isn't a football club in the world who CAN'T go bankrupt, sure its unlikely to happen to a Man U or Liverpool but it CAN happen. Doesn't matter if your income is 1 billion pounds, if your outgoings are 2 billion you will go bankrupt! When Leeds were flying in the Champions League etc out income put us in the top 10 in Europe. Ahead of clubs like Milan and Juve and Inter! The trouble was of course that were shelling out more than we were bringing in! Now at the moment of course Man Utd are being run by people who know what they are doing so their debt is managable. But to say they can never go bankrupt is just wrong

Who thought a few years ago that a company like AIG would need bailing out? A company umpteen times bigger than Man Utd and with more assets worldwide , still they got into serious trouble. HBOS, RBS, Chrysler and Ford in America, need I go on!

There isn't a company or club too big to go bust if things are run badly enough

Neill, that's completely true, I agree with it 100%! But what I think people are trying to say is that the likelyness of Man U going into administration is unlikely for the next few years at least. Not impossible, but unlikely. :-)

Remember the words of Charles Dickens "Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure nineteen nineteen and six, result happiness. Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure twenty pounds ought and six, result misery"

And Arsenal could go very easily, the finances for their new stadium are based on selling the appartments they are building at Highbury for high prices (>£500k), and in the current climate that is not happening.

Teams can go Bankrupt, happened to Sunderland in my game, they sold the stadium, all reserve and training facilities and ended up in League 2 with freebie players. Club value was just over a million.

It's happened to Stoke on my game. 2022 and they're struggling in League 1 and have reduced stadium capacity by 10,000.

Rotherham and Tranmere are also bankrupt.

Lille have also gone from winning Ligue 1 in 2015/16, to bankrupt and struggling to stay in Ligue 2 within a few years. Noticed their stadium condition is 'Very Poor'.

Archived