FM Genie Scout WORK with 8.0.2 patch

youle007

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LFC Rule:

FrazT is there a new version of scout of 8.02 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No- Genie has disappeared so the beta version for 8.0.1 is the last version available. It would appear that , if you start a new game with 8.0.2, the 8.0.1 version will work but it may stop after a while with an unfixable error, as happened in 8.0.1.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Serpico:

Works for me when I start a new game with a small database and only one country. When I add multiple countries it doesn't. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Strange, started a new game with 8.0.2, 8.0.2 database, 6 leagues from 6 nations with large database, and it's working fine

I started a new game (Big database, 15+ leagues) after the patch was released and the genie scout woprked fine up until March (1st season). The file size of the save game when the genie scout stopped working was 170meg. I thought i would try loading up a save game from Feb and proceed with that to see how far i could get but it stopped working at the same point.

Oh well, it was good while it lasted.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by entigy:

By way of experiment, I started a new game with the 8.0.2 patch & database; 9 leagues from 7 countries and Genie Scout worked fine.

The save game is about 60Mb now, so perhaps when it gets to 100Mb it'll stop working again ??

icon_confused.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

retired, saved your game and this time fmscout loaded my game successfully!

Oh my god! Oh my god! Oh my god!! Aggghhhh!! There is no set time that Genie will stop working, it just will at some point as it is currently so unstable, if your version has got through 3 seasons then well done! But it will stop working at some point for nearly everyone, those with the miracle "Just tried it on mine and it works! WOW!" Please stop its killing me and many other who genuinely came here just to double check that Genie is dead! (Not literally!), these genie threads have now reached the length of the Great Wall of China....please take peoples words for it when they say....it wont work eventually, and if you find a solution that works for you (at least for the moment!) then great, but seriously they have all been discussed before...the retire solution, the save your game 3 times option...etc...the list goes on and on...Yes I am moaning and probably coming across as slightly annoyed, but you are wasting people time starting these threads about Genie AND more importantly wasting your own time!! lol!! As ironically I have done with this post!! Please, please, please no more Genie posts either slagging him off or defending him, it quite simply is no longer worth any of our time, and I have just wasted my time by clicking on this thread in the last vain hope I had of Genie Scout fianlly working or being released as I hadnt checked for a month! But lo and behold another Genie thread discussing the same stuff as always!! Aggghhh!!!

Happy gaming!!! icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by liamstack151:

Oh my god! Oh my god! Oh my god!! Aggghhhh!! There is no set time that Genie will stop working, it just will at some point as it is currently so unstable, if your version has got through 3 seasons then well done! But it will stop working at some point for nearly everyone, those with the miracle "Just tried it on mine and it works! WOW!" Please stop its killing me and many other who genuinely came here just to double check that Genie is dead! (Not literally!), these genie threads have now reached the length of the Great Wall of China....please take peoples words for it when they say....it wont work eventually, and if you find a solution that works for you (at least for the moment!) then great, but seriously they have all been discussed before...the retire solution, the save your game 3 times option...etc...the list goes on and on...Yes I am moaning and probably coming across as slightly annoyed, but you are wasting people time starting these threads about Genie AND more importantly wasting your own time!! lol!! As ironically I have done with this post!! Please, please, please no more Genie posts either slagging him off or defending him, it quite simply is no longer worth any of our time, and I have just wasted my time by clicking on this thread in the last vain hope I had of Genie Scout fianlly working or being released as I hadnt checked for a month! But lo and behold another Genie thread discussing the same stuff as always!! Aggghhh!!!

Happy gaming!!! icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_confused.gif

Genie probably stopped working on his scout because he hopes people will start begging and allow him to charge money for it. The survey that came with the FM2007 version made it pretty apparent he wouldn't continue doing it for free. I would even pay for if I wasn't still playing FM2007 icon_smile.gif

Is this clown ever going to release a proper version that works.

If the job's too big for him then pass it on! If I got offered a job designing rockets for NASA and i'd spent the previous few years as a binman I would think seriously about accepting the position.

Either do it or give it to someone who can.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by philwood:

If the job's too big for him then pass it on! If I got offered a job designing rockets for NASA and i'd spent the previous few years as a binman I would think seriously about accepting the position.

Either do it or give it to someone who can. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

its a freeware, and the creater doesnt get anything from it. so why dont you stop your ungrateful whinging and start playing the game without an external editor?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by philwood:

Give the guy a wage then, or fund development of this program. Until then, sit down and shut the hell up.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Golynohana:

I resigned as manager, as peppe12 suggested, this didn't work for me, but then I retired, saved my game and this time fmscout loaded my game successfully!

icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

!!!!! icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by phuck:

its a freeware, and the creater doesnt get anything from it. so why dont you stop your ungrateful whinging and start playing the game without an external editor? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i think most people (myself included) are irritated because they spent ages defending him in threads like this, only for him to vanish for 3 months, when its so close to completion, during which time it would take him literally ten seconds to put out a one line update just so we know he's still alive

At the end of the day the person behind mini-scout is doing this for nothing. It may be frustrating when you rely on it and it hasn't been updated, however it is being done for nothing and nothing is asked for when it is shared.

As such it does sound ungrateful when people bag someone for not updating something they did for free on their own time.

Personally, I'm thankful when people do release stuff like this. I won't bag 'em.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">i think most people (myself included) are irritated because they spent ages defending him in threads like this, only for him to vanish for 3 months, when its so close to completion, during which time it would take him literally ten seconds to put out a one line update just so we know he's still alive </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What's wrong with it? People like you better understand that Genie has no OBLIGATION to create the editor, NONE. Don't assume he somehow has to keep releasing the editor forever.

And yes, I like his editor and I would like that he creates one for 08. But at the same time I know he has no obligation and that I am not irritated.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by peppe12:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Golynohana:

I resigned as manager, as peppe12 suggested, this didn't work for me, but then I retired, saved my game and this time fmscout loaded my game successfully!

!!!!! icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Can anyone of those who still can't make it work have tried this solution?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by peppe12:

!!!!! icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Can anyone of those who still can't make it work have tried this solution? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've tried it and it doesn't work.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by frogface:

think I am going to have to wait for mini scout because cant see genie being released </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You could wait for Genie at the same time as you wait for mini - multitasking icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Newky:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by frogface:

think I am going to have to wait for mini scout because cant see genie being released </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You could wait for Genie at the same time as you wait for mini - multitasking icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I dont think Genie will come out for fm08

Phuck, Jornada and New Roosterman I am sick of peole defending this clown. Are you hoping to be mates with him or something and he will ask for your assistance in the development of his non existent program. He last spoke to the public in November saying how close it was and then you hear nothing since. It's not a case of him doing it for free or in his own time it's a case of delivering on something you have agreed to take on. If you can't deliver then just hold your hands up and admit it, that way it can be passed onto someone who can deliver or at least everybody will know. I certainly wouldn't have a go at hime for having a go but his lack of communication on the matter and his inability to admit that he is not up to it I just find sad. This in my opinion is why he shouldn't be defended by chocolate chasers like yourselves. And as for the "play the game without a cheat" brigade, some people really enjoy the game with the scout tools and thats up to them, if you feel like this why are you even looking on this part of the forum, you should be with the LLM forum telling everyone about how you have managed to get Stalybridge from 19th to 16th in 4 years, just like in real life.

Cheers

If he's not going to be doing any work on it then he should pass on the source code to someone who is willing and able to do it. As I understand it, the source code was passed on to him in this way.

I'm sure that there are a lot of people that would love to get their hands on the source code

So looks like this has basically turned into another Genie-bashing thread, but I thought I might let you all know that I've been using Genie successfully since the beta first came out, and here is how I do it...

1. Go to Preferences in FM and make sure 'Compress Save Games' is unchecked.

2. While you are playing your game, save it as two different files, say Arsenal_1 and Arsenal_2, but not at the same time. For example, I usually save the game as Arsenal_1 before a match, and then I save it as Arsenal_2 before the next match.

3. Make sure to check that the most recent save file still loads in Genie before saving to the other file.

That's basically it. I have a theory that all those XML errors are due to a regen somehow not being properly created. So as long as you keep rotating thru at least two save files and checking them in Genie each time, you can use it. It kinda sucks, but it really only takes 30 seconds or so.

One more note: Game size DOES matter, but not as much as people seem to think. For example, I have a game that is in 2010, and is running 36 leagues (19 playable) and a huge database, and Genie still works. I've found that more leagues than that is too much for Genie. Also, some countries just don't work for Genie because they start with an error or something. I'm pretty sure Ireland is one. So if you start a fresh game and Genie doesn't work right off the bat, change some of your league settings.

These are the leagues I picked... they seem to work because I've started 3 games like this...

USA (MLS), Austria (Prem), Belgium (2nd and up), Bulgaria ('A' only), Czech Rep (1st), England (BSN/BSS and up), France (Ligue 2 and up), Germany (2nd and up), Greece (Super), Israel (Prem), Italy (B and up), Holland (Prem), Poland (1st), Portugal (Bwin Liga), Romania (1st), Russia (Prem), Scotland (3rd and up), Spain (1st), Switz (Super), Turkey (Prem), Ukraine (High), Serbia (Super), Argentina (Prem), Brazil (1st). And of those I've got England, Scotland, Germany, Spain, Italy as playable.

Good luck!

Guest AljosaK

I don't have patched game and when I open FM genue 08 and my saved game (4. season slovenian league) program can't load it. What is the problem?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sitruc03:

So looks like this has basically turned into another Genie-bashing thread, but I thought I might let you all know that I've been using Genie successfully since the beta first came out, and here is how I do it...

1. Go to Preferences in FM and make sure 'Compress Save Games' is unchecked.

2. While you are playing your game, save it as two different files, say Arsenal_1 and Arsenal_2, but not at the same time. For example, I usually save the game as Arsenal_1 before a match, and then I save it as Arsenal_2 before the next match.

3. Make sure to check that the most recent save file still loads in Genie before saving to the other file.

That's basically it. I have a theory that all those XML errors are due to a regen somehow not being properly created. So as long as you keep rotating thru at least two save files and checking them in Genie each time, you can use it. It kinda sucks, but it really only takes 30 seconds or so.

One more note: Game size DOES matter, but not as much as people seem to think. For example, I have a game that is in 2010, and is running 36 leagues (19 playable) and a huge database, and Genie still works. I've found that more leagues than that is too much for Genie. Also, some countries just don't work for Genie because they start with an error or something. I'm pretty sure Ireland is one. So if you start a fresh game and Genie doesn't work right off the bat, change some of your league settings.

These are the leagues I picked... they seem to work because I've started 3 games like this...

USA (MLS), Austria (Prem), Belgium (2nd and up), Bulgaria ('A' only), Czech Rep (1st), England (BSN/BSS and up), France (Ligue 2 and up), Germany (2nd and up), Greece (Super), Israel (Prem), Italy (B and up), Holland (Prem), Poland (1st), Portugal (Bwin Liga), Romania (1st), Russia (Prem), Scotland (3rd and up), Spain (1st), Switz (Super), Turkey (Prem), Ukraine (High), Serbia (Super), Argentina (Prem), Brazil (1st). And of those I've got England, Scotland, Germany, Spain, Italy as playable.

Good luck! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks for your effort mate, but honestly, you didn't say anything new. Two save game files? That doesn't have sense, as you can only load one and while one save file is loaded, computer or any program don't know for another save file because it's not active, so if you load any of your save files, normaly scout would not work with it except in some unusual conditions like yours and maybe one or two other people.

Phuck, Jornada and New Roosterman I am sick of peole defending this clown. Are you hoping to be mates with him or something and he will ask for your assistance in the development of his non existent program. He last spoke to the public in November saying how close it was and then you hear nothing since. It's not a case of him doing it for free or in his own time it's a case of delivering on something you have agreed to take on. If you can't deliver then just hold your hands up and admit it, that way it can be passed onto someone who can deliver or at least everybody will know. I certainly wouldn't have a go at hime for having a go but his lack of communication on the matter and his inability to admit that he is not up to it I just find sad. This in my opinion is why he shouldn't be defended by chocolate chasers like yourselves. And as for the "play the game without a cheat" brigade, some people really enjoy the game with the scout tools and thats up to them, if you feel like this why are you even looking on this part of the forum, you should be with the LLM forum telling everyone about how you have managed to get Stalybridge from 19th to 16th in 4 years, just like in real life.

Cheers </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nope don't know them won't meet 'em. If you don't like it when someone who is doing something for NOTHING and distributes their stuff FOR NOTHING doesn't update stuff you like that isjust tough luck. happens all the time.

Getting upset and attacking them is not going to ensure that what you want updated gets updated at all.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">If he's not going to be doing any work on it then he should pass on the source code to someone who is willing and able to do it. As I understand it, the source code was passed on to him in this way.

I'm sure that there are a lot of people that would love to get their hands on the source code </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Err, if you know a thing about developing then you know it ain't that easy.

He probably got some base code for CMEditor which works for CM2005, which I believe was open source.

However, he had to modify the code, data structure, etc for every year and every patch because SI deliberately makes editors unusable after a patch.

So releasing the code doesn't do much...if someone is REALLY devoted to developing the scout similar to Genie's, then by all means they can get their hands on CMEditor 2005 and go from there. So far, I don't see people doing it; all I see are many bashers who somehow thinks Genie keeps on releasing new editors every year.

I mean people need to realize he does NOT HAVE TO release anything, let alone update websites. If he calls it quits, then let him do that. He has his own life and he has done enough already for FM community; he doesn't deserve the bashing for what he's done.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">it's a case of delivering on something you have agreed to take on </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Totally false. Just because he said he was close to getting the editor done, doesn't mean he "promised" anyone anything. The bottom line is he is under no obligation to release anything, update anything.

Surely if you force the case then maybe you can have him admit that he's not finishing up the editor after all...well, what good would that do, anyway?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Powermonger:

I think it would be better if SI wrote a FM Scout program for us and ship it with the game, it would save alot of community angst that way. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

May as well just make CA and PA visible in the game if they did this. Doesn't sound so good now does it?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by tieio:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Powermonger:

I think it would be better if SI wrote a FM Scout program for us and ship it with the game, it would save alot of community angst that way. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

May as well just make CA and PA visible in the game if they did this. Doesn't sound so good now does it? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It could just be a separate program like the database editor. It would then be up to the player to decide if they want to use it.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by tieio:

May as well just make CA and PA visible in the game if they did this. Doesn't sound so good now does it? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

They already provide a data editor, I see no reason why they couldn't provide separate scouting program as well. It's up to the user if they want to use it or not, just like the editing program.

Nygreen did the original CM/FM Scout and Greame Kelly did the original CM Editor, now they work for SI. It seems logical to me that SI start providing a Scouting program seeing as they have the skills and knowledge there to do it.

It's not a case of him doing it for free or in his own time it's a case of delivering on something you have agreed to take on. If you can't deliver then just hold your hands up and admit it, that way it can be passed onto someone who can deliver or at least everybody will know. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Please explain how he "agreed to take it on". Nobody is barred from creating an own scouting app. Nobody assigned Genie the 'official license' that'd need to be passed on to anybody else, either. Why don't you work on one instead of bitching? Can/should make it open source, while you're at it.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ozi:

Two save game files? That doesn't have sense, as you can only load one and while one save file is loaded, computer or any program don't know for another save file because it's not active, so if you load any of your save files, normaly scout would not work with it except in some unusual conditions like yours and maybe one or two other people. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sure it makes sense. If you have a backup savegame and your post-game save doesn't work anymore, you can go back to the previous one, replay the match and - hopefully - your new post-game save will be fine. Then there's also what people said above about retiring to fix loading issues.

They already provide a data editor, I see no reason why they couldn't provide separate scouting program as well. It's up to the user if they want to use it or not, just like the editing program.

Nygreen did the original CM/FM Scout and Greame Kelly did the original CM Editor, now they work for SI. It seems logical to me that SI start providing a Scouting program seeing as they have the skills and knowledge there to do it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lol, maybe the reason for not publishing a scout is to recruit some new ppl to the team icon_biggrin.gif Maybe we will see Genie in FM team next year? ehehe

Archived