Weirdist Result in 09

I holiday'd and lost 21-0. When I looked at the match details I didn't even field a team. I reloaded and lost by a normal score the second time. I still managed 23% of possession.

Edit: I should note, that it happened whilst I was trying to return from holiday in the middle of the results generation. This is why I didn't report it as a bug, because it was obviously a rare freak occurance.

Aside from that, like most people I've seen sizeable 3-0/4-1 wins for inferior teams, the annual 5-5 scoreline has come up, and the odd genuine double figure wins in mis-matched European qualifiers.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I bought him at my first season for a 17mil euro's,and he scored 31 goal in 34 match,he is the only reson we finished at 3rd place with the same number of points (92) while arsenal won EPL with 93 :(

Now second season 9 games 15 goals xD

EDIT :

Forgot to say first season man city offerd me 50m euros and chairman accepted but Vagner turnd them down <3 :D

Hes price right now is 27m :)

Institute (Northern Irish team) beating Newcastle 2-0 in a friendly, they didnt even get lucky, they straight up outplayed a full strength team (for perspective the Northern Irish premiership is of lower stature than the BSS/N). Essentially a team from the worst (top) league in the game beat a team from the best league in the game.

Institute (Northern Irish team) beating Newcastle 2-0 in a friendly, they didnt even get lucky, they straight up outplayed a full strength team (for perspective the Northern Irish premiership is of lower stature than the BSS/N). Essentially a team from the worst (top) league in the game beat a team from the best league in the game.

That's not really THAT weird though. Newcastle are, after all, a load of old rubbish. :D

On FM08 I beat Chelsea 3-1 as Leeds after going 1-0 down. First season, and they put out their first team.

That said, once I worked out that man-marking Lampard nullified Chelski in FM08 I never lost to them until he hit 32 and his stats dropped, forcing a change of tactic.

On FM09, my biggest success was against Real Madrid in my first CL season as Newcastle. 1-0 the Magpies. Although that same save I do recall a 4-0 thrashing of Man U at Old Trafford, but I can't find the screenie.

I have several strange results.

Southampton 6 Sheffield Wednesday 1 It may be FM08 but why are Southampton so overrated?

MK Dons 5 Portsmouth 3 A crazy Championship match the Dons won the next game against Derby 4-0 aswell.

Oldham 8 Blackpool 0 Funny thing about this is the very next game Oldham lost to Burnley 7-2.

Not weird as in an upset, but it was quite an epic match.

I was 3-1 down in the Champions League Final to Arsenal, then Rooney and Carrick score in the last 10 minutes to make it 3-3.

The game goes to penalties and I win 17-16! :cool:

The penalties alone took over 20 minutes to watch!

wigan 26-3 newcastle on fm08

i was losing 4-3 with 20 mins left and put all out attack and moved every1 in advanced positions it got to about 7-3 and i thort screw it il see how far it goes

One time I was in a similar situation i wa losing 3-0 and was pretty angry so I think i put 5 upfront, I lost 12-0 or something with 8 goals coming in less than 10 minutes (they ended with 30 odd shots most coming in the last 30 minutes). I actually ended up laughing. Im pretty sure I either reloaded (I know booo hisssssssss) or just stopped playing that save.

Seen a couple of thumpings on my save as Liverpool, beside me hammering opposition (beat Everton 6-1 at home yesterday). In the Prem, Bolton 7-1 Newcastle, and in Europe, Celtic 8-0 Grasshoppers (that was in the group stages). Also saw a Champions League 1/4 final that finished Man Utd 6-3 AC Milan.

As Liverpool, I managed to beat Ajax 5-0 at home, despite being down to 10 men after 9 minutes, and losing Carragher to injury after 15 minutes. Hattrick for Gerrard and 2 for Torres.

Norwich's result at the weekend has sort of ruined my name :(

Not all that weird, but my premiership Oxford side beating the 'top 4 sides' regularly, even if they are much better. Just beaten Man Utd at Old Trafford 2-1 :)

My created team had just went into the premiership after winning each league from the conference and they beat chelsea 5-1 at home after about 5 games, get in!

Also i have just finished 12th and stadium expansion from 7,000 to about 11,000 lol

Archived