Reserve Team Questions

Ok so I demote a few of my younger players to the B team for some match practice. Who's picking there tactics, how often do they play, what formation? Whenever I go and take a look there are maybe three or four players selected from a 30+ squad.

Does this work or another gimmic?

Ok so I demote a few of my younger players to the B team for some match practice. Who's picking there tactics, how often do they play, what formation? Whenever I go and take a look there are maybe three or four players selected from a 30+ squad.

Does this work or another gimmic?

• SI Staff

I'm not a 'fan' of gimicks, all the stuff in FMH is there for a reason and has an effect on the game.

The 'reserve team' as it stands is largely present as extra storage room for your players (ie. remove clutter in your first team).

The game does simulate them getting some playing time while they're in there so kids will develop a little faster in the reserves than if they sit in the first team but don't play - but beyond that nothing exciting happens there I'm afraid at present.

(we might try and expand things so you have a visible reserve league etc. at some point in the future - but most people seem reasonably happy with the current setup at present)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">(we might try and expand things so you have a visible reserve league etc. at some point in the future - but most people seem reasonably happy with the current setup at present) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Marc, a bit of constructive critiscism if you don't mind. I wouldn't say we're happy with it. Probably more of a case of 'it's something that we didnt have at all last year' so whilst I myself see it as a step in the right direction, there is room fo massive improvement with it...

icon14.gif

I wish I could promote players out of the reserve squad. I'm desperately short of midfielders and defenders on the left as I've had some injuries and it would be nice if I could just get a couple of kids out of the reserves to fill the gaps. There are some players in there who look reasonably okay, but they're all greyed out.

Good answers. I say why, I want to see stats grow, especially on u21 regens. And for this to happen they need games. I wasn't sure whether the game reacted in this way in that it actually attributed playing time whilst in reserve. Reason being I thought myself that they seemed to grow more in first team.

I thought this as you cannot click on any other teams reserve teams, so i thought the activity of the league was not simulated within the game since youre the only one with reserve team

From this... I will assign more regens to reserve team, hope to sit and watch em grow. I hope reserve team is for stat growth what Baby Bio is for plants.

Owls post, 3rd from top: Agreed. Marc Vaughan... More playability for the reserves would be a nice touch. I'm not that bothered with the facility to manage reserves. It got included this year, nice, extra storage is good. Especially if it was more worthwhile players spending time in there. Also... if other teams also had reserve teams, they could store more. And that means more regens. Regens regens regens. I'd sadistically love that extra labour to unearth more gems from an increased total player pool.

Question. Say if a youth regen is sent out on loan and plays 15 games max, is this more worthwile than giving a youth a season in reserves?

Question. The reserve league itself, though not fully playable for others, just the teams we manage... what comparable league is it too then? Reserve league is say League Two Standard? Blue Square standard?

Dingo Dog asked a q about morale. I know the PSP FMH is less in depth than PC, but I'd like to second this request. So does on FMH "demotion" cause negative change in morale? Or is it not programmed to take effect?

Sorry for long post.

Archived