Team gel levels

For the first time ever, my team just reach this level: "would be willing to die for each other". It sounds like this might be the max level? So far, I've seen the following:

Willing to die for each other

Forged an extremely strong understanding

Reached a strong understanding

Reached a good understanding

Blending well together

Not yet reached a good understanding

Some way off acting like a unit, or something to that effect

A worrying lack of cohesion among the players

Can anyone fill in any missing ones?

I'm not sure how big effect the gelness level has on team performance, but I've always tried to get it as high as possible. I keep a small squad, partly due to financial reasons as well, but I obviously need enough to rotate if you play in many competitions. I try everything to keep as many of my best players as possible and only bring in a few quality (?) signings every year. I buy young talents to develop, renew long contracts and basically sabotage their intense desire to move on to a bigger club ASAP... They may sulk sometimes, but I do whatever will bring my club forward, and I'm a firm believer in keeping the squad consistent. Morale is also generally excellent despite of some primadonnas wanting to move.

Maybe this should be asked in the general questions but hey. I notice that throughout the pre season, if you sign new players the team obviously will take a bit of time to gel together so by doing what you are doing, you are doing well. And yes i think that ' willing to die for each other' is the highest level as for the others i don't know them.

Archived