The Duke v3 - The Fulham Quadruple!

I must tell you, beforehand, that I'm a very impatient man. If I download a tactic, and don't any success with it within 3 matches, I'll ditch it. I will use tactics which people claim may take time, but I'm not as keen on them.

Anyway, this tactic, like a few others I've seen, has shown success. I downloaded Duke V.3, and it's working so far.

I'm not struggling much, lost 2 games, out of 11 competitive, drawn 0, and won the other 9... but only a few have been convincing, on other's tactics.

My next game was against Arsenal, on a 6 match unbeaten run(6/0/0(yes, I'm at the start of the season)). I was at home, but I'm surprised by the success currently showing.

At HT, it's 1-0. I was very lucky to get the goal(Almunia dropped it, and Yeste was there to poke it in), and I don't deserve the lead neither, they've had 5 CCCs, I've had 1. They've had 56% of possession, and they've had 12 SoT, compared to my 2.

But defensively I've been decent, and I'm coping.

Kudos to The Duke, so far. ;)

EDIT: Kudos for certain.

HT score was 1-0 to me, FT score was 4-1 to me. And after my team talk, we dominated the play, giving them just 2 chances...

citybeatarsenal.png

Stunning impact and result.

Also, that's the first time Andrei Arshavin has done anything, might I add.

Usually he finishes >6, but he actually scored, and could've got MoM, had it not been for Robinho brilliant performance.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been using this for my 1st season Spurs team. I had been using a 4-2-3-1 with decent results but really prefer playing with 2 up top, so thought I'd give this a try.

So far, its not been great, but it must be that my players have yet to get used to it. I have gone 8 league games without a win, scraped through vs West Brom on penalties in the league cup, but it has been pretty good in UEFA cup. Most games I'm dominating the chances and possession but scoring little or nothing, and giving away silly, silly goals. Usually via a far post cross where the opposition player has acres of space and a gaping goalmouth. Man City played me off the park for 90 mins, and made 9 CCCs compared to my 0. My 2 big wins were both home games, where I was favourite, and both in UEFA cup.

Having said all that there are definately signs in the 3D engine that if the tactic 'clicks' with the players it'll be very attractive. At the moment though, my players are not at all on the same wavelength. Passes going astray, players running into each other, losing the ball and standing still while the opposition nicks it off them and thunders towards goal.

I'll persevere with it but fear the sack if it doesn't improve soon!

My 1st 11 are:

Gomes, Corluka, Bale, Woodgate, King, Palombo, Modric, Bentley, Lennon / Dos Santos, Bent, Pavlyuchenko.

me, urban, this tactic started diabolic for my middlesbrough game, 3rd in the league with NO major transfers (all under 10m, and not too many players brought in) but now its starting to slump. went on a 2 game losing run and then beat sunderland narrowly, starting to dissapoint, hopefully it can improve

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived