Help needed with finishing chances.

I'm having severe problems scoring goals in my Luton game and have had numerous problems in previous games, including failures with Liverpool (x2), Preston, Aberdeen and Southport. In all the games I have started I get about 12 matches in and just can't seem to get any sort of results together regardless of what I try. In particular my attacking play always falls short at actually putting the ball in the net, though my defenders seem to have no problem putting the ball in their own net?

This is my current run of results with Luton and really sums up the sort of problems I have experienced. I have tried both patches too;

lutonresultsuh0.jpg

By antmanbrooks

Here's a game that sums up exactly what I'm experiencing time and time again;

http://rapidshare.com/files/176520285/Rotherham_v_Luton.pkm

I've already taken FM09 back to the shop once but decided to give it another go now the new patch is available. My frustration with poor results is really starting to make me despair now. Constantly under performing only has limited appeal. I've been successful in most previous versions of FM with a bit of tweaking of tactics but this one just doesn't seem to have any simple answer.

Currently in the Luton game I have stuck with !4-4-2 standard from the TT&F download going defensive when I'm getting overwhelmed or occasionally attacking when chasing a loss in the last 10 mins of a couple of games.

Please help... I just don't have any idea what I'm doing wrong?? I'm using forum recommended 4-4-2 tactics without tweaking them and my training regime has an emphasis on tactics and aerobic on medium intensity. I constantly seem to get 1 on 1's that my strikers just can't finish and have conceded goals from long range screamers in each of the first 3 games of the season and a couple of games since then? Ironically, the only league game I didn't seem to play well in I actually won!

I was having the same problems with palace. What i did was play standard 4-4-2, and have mentalities for dc's 3 clicks, fb's 5 clicks, mcd 5 clicks, ml+mr 8 clicks, mca 10, fcd 12, fca 14. Def line 10, width tempo and creative freedom dead centre. Try it 4 5 games and see.

Archived