*OFFICIAL* FMS Awards 2007 Betting Thread

Peacemaker7

Amazingly, this is now the SIXTH year that the FMS betting has run. Originally founded by King Jeff and myself, and amazingly all the winners so far have been associated with Brian/Bryan.

The sequence goes Hick(Bryan)-BoN-BrianW-BoN-Hick(Bryan), so either BrianW is going to make a stunning re-appearance or that sequence is going to be broken but if you want to win, changing your name to a Brian type somewhere along the lines certainly helps.

Usual disclaimer applies, I have absolutely no idea what the votes are - in fact as very few people have voted so far it would be an incredible fix if I did - and so these odds are purely on my own judgements and biases.

You will have 1000 FMS pounds with which to gamble and may place your bets either by email (see profile) or in this thread. The best way to win is to gamble big on an accumulator and hope for the best. (Phone one of the Brians for tips.)

Amazingly, this is now the SIXTH year that the FMS betting has run. Originally founded by King Jeff and myself, and amazingly all the winners so far have been associated with Brian/Bryan.

The sequence goes Hick(Bryan)-BoN-BrianW-BoN-Hick(Bryan), so either BrianW is going to make a stunning re-appearance or that sequence is going to be broken but if you want to win, changing your name to a Brian type somewhere along the lines certainly helps.

Usual disclaimer applies, I have absolutely no idea what the votes are - in fact as very few people have voted so far it would be an incredible fix if I did - and so these odds are purely on my own judgements and biases.

You will have 1000 FMS pounds with which to gamble and may place your bets either by email (see profile) or in this thread. The best way to win is to gamble big on an accumulator and hope for the best. (Phone one of the Brians for tips.)

FMSer of the Year

Amaroq 2/1

Faramir 2/1

Peacemaker7 2/1

Terk 1/1

Writer of the Year

Amaroq 3/2

BobBev 5/2

Faramir 2/1

flipsix3 4/1

Peacemaker7 10/1

Terk 50/1

Story of the Year

All Sorted for E’s and Whizz – Terk 10/1

Fee Fife Fo Fum, I Smell the Blood… Faramir 4/1

Reviving the Legend - Donners 20/1

Scottish Reprise – Return to East Stirling - Faramir 4/1

Sharpening a Rusty Blade – Amaroq 3/1

The Night After Transfers – HD 3/1

The Superclub and The Supergirl - irishregan 100-1

The True Story of a Footballing Legend – Peacemaker7 25-1

Funniest Writer of the Year

flipsix3 3/1

HD 11/10

irishregan 2/1

Peacemaker 11/10

Funniest Story

Around the World in 80 Games - Chonner 2/1

The Night After Transfers - HD 3/2

The Superclub and The Supergirl - irishregan 2/1

Best Newcomer

Amaroq 1/1

mark wilson27 11/10

Panpardus 11/10

Wegason 2/1

Best Story Character

Duncan MacLeod (Peacemaker7) 3/1

Ian Richards (Amaroq) 1/1

Jace Drabek (Faramir) 3/1

Stephen Beckett (Terk) 3/1

Roorsby Bobbins (BobBev) 1/1

MISCELLANIOUS OVERALL AWARDS

Most Missed FMSer

13litz 5/2

Andrew Downing 3/1

Dixie Flatline 11/10

Jambo 4eva 1000/1

Lionel Perez 11/10

Richey 20/1

Soldout 20/1

Best Challenge

The Islands Challenge 1/1

The Freedom Fighter Challenge 1/1

The Uncle Scrooge Challenge 1/1

The Bobby Robson Challenge (BobBev) 10/11

Pole to Pole Challenge (Peacemaker7)11/10

Best Story Idea

An Interview with the Arsenal Manager – a young fan’s story (Mambaman) 11/8

Around the World in 80 Games (Chonner) 1/1

Jason Young, the story of a Footballing Legend (Peacemaker7) 11/8

Short Arms, Long Pockets (BobBev) 1/1

Spirit of FMS

Amaroq 2/1

Faramir 10/11

Peacemaker7 11/8

Terk 11/10

GEOGRAPHICAL AWARDS

Best English Story

An Interview with the Arsenal Manager –a young fan’s story - Mambaman 2/1

Fondest Wishes – Harrow Hill in FM2007 - Faramir 3/1

From the Fringe – Holyhead Hotspur - Faramir 3/1

Reviving the Legend - Donners 2/1

Sharpening a Rusty Blade - Amaroq 11/10

Strictly No Dancing? - markyt 2/1

Best Scottish Story

The True Story of a Footballing Legend - Peacemaker7 11/10

Fee Fife Fo Fum, I Smell the Blood… Faramir 11/10

Scottish Reprise – Return to East Stirling Faramir 11/10

Best Rest of the World Story

All Sorted for E’s and Whizz – Terk 11/8

Around the World in 80 Games – Chonner 11/8

The Bloods, sweat and tears of a Part time Manager - Panpardus 15/8

The Old Lady Strikes Back - mark wilson27 15/8

The Superclub and The Supergirl - irishregan 1/1

SPECIAL CATEGORY AWARDS

Best Short Story

The Night After Transfers – HD 1/1

World Cup 2010 – an Australian perspective - Panpardus 1/1

Best Challenge Story

Short Arms, Long Pocket BobBev 1/1

Absolute Bobbins (BRC) BobBev 1/1

Another Robson legend, only time will tell (BRC) Panpardus 11/8

“I’d say he’s the best in Europe, if you put me on the fence†(BRC) : Terk 11/8

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Terk:

You mean inside info like knowing what the votes are, how many votes each got in the nominating round, that kind of inside info? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah. And although of course you don't know how the second voting round will go, having seen the nominations would give you an unfair advantage. Sorry icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BenArsenal:

The odds do give a good perspective on who is likely to win, so may be helpful in choosing your votes. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The odds are PM7's own opinions, nothing more.

I'll wait until I see the final nominations.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Story of the Year

All Sorted for E’s and Whizz – Terk 10/1

Fee Fife Fo Fum, I Smell the Blood… Faramir 4/1

Reviving the Legend - Donners 20/1

Scottish Reprise – Return to East Stirling - Faramir 4/1

Sharpening a Rusty Blade – Amaroq 3/1

The Night After Transfers – HD 3/1

The Superclub and The Supergirl - irishregan 100-1

The True Story of a Footballing Legend – Peacemaker7 25-1 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

F**k sake 100-1 for mine, you might as well take me off the list now icon_wink.gif

I'm going to chuck my oar in with Duncan MacLeod and stick 800 on him and his story winning: Story of the Year (25/1), Best Character (3/1), and Best Scottish Story (11/10).

The other 200 is on Amaroq to win Story of the Year (3/1) and Best Newcomer (1/1) and Best English Story (11/10) and Faramir to win Spirit of FMS (10/11).

Gluck to all the Bri/yans out there.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Spav:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BenArsenal:

The odds do give a good perspective on who is likely to win, so may be helpful in choosing your votes. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The odds are PM7's own opinions, nothing more.

I'll wait until I see the final nominations. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Look towards the top of the forum, ya silly Aussie. What PM has posted are the final nominations icon_razz.gif

Hmmm, I do love a bit of a flutter..

I'll go for triple-Amaroq-action with Writer of the Year (3/2), Story of the Year (3/1) and FMser of the Year (2/1). I'll whack 500 on that.

The other 500 goes on HD for Funniest Story (3/2) and Funniest Writer (11/10), Peacemaker7 for Scottish Story (11/10) and Terk for Rest of the World Story (11/8).

Of course, my name is neither Brian nor Bryan, so I don't know why I'm bothering icon_biggrin.gif

Not a betting man myself, so good luck to all bettors. icon_wink.gif

Erm the odds should in absolutely no way influence the vote and to the best of my knowledge over the past six years they never have done that is simply the most stupid thing I've read here for ages. You vote who YOU want to win, not who my odds suggest might in my eyes be favourites. And I should also point out in case anyone else is stupid enough to think such thoughts, that in fact these odds do not even reflect my own voting preferences - for a start I cannot vote for myself.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">The other 500 goes on HD for Funniest Story (3/2) and Funniest Writer (11/10), Peacemaker7 for Scottish Story (11/10) and Terk for Rest of the World Story (11/8). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is an accumulator yeah, not three seperate votes?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Peacemaker7:

Not a betting man myself, so good luck to all bettors. icon_wink.gif

Erm the odds should in absolutely no way influence the vote and to the best of my knowledge over the past six years they never have done that is simply the most stupid thing I've read here for ages. You vote who YOU want to win, not who my odds suggest might in my eyes be favourites. And I should also point out in case anyone else is stupid enough to think such thoughts, that in fact these odds do not even reflect my own voting preferences - for a start I cannot vote for myself. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Eh?

I forgot to put the smiley at the end, so it was actually a bit of a tongue in cheek comment.

Yeah. icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by irishregan:

F**k sake 100-1 for mine, you might as well take me off the list now icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I could be totally wrong though, has happened a lot before icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Peacemaker7:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">The other 500 goes on HD for Funniest Story (3/2) and Funniest Writer (11/10), Peacemaker7 for Scottish Story (11/10) and Terk for Rest of the World Story (11/8). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is an accumulator yeah, not three seperate votes? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Er, yeah, sorry. Could have made that a bit clearer icon_redface.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by WLKRAS:

What odds would I get on Amaroq winning all awards he's been nominated for? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Add it up and don't be lazy icon_razz.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by WLKRAS:

What odds would I get on Amaroq winning all awards he's been nominated for? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Add it up and don't be lazy icon_razz.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Damn, found out icon_frown.gif

Right then:

500 on Amaroq winning the big three, FMS'er (2/1), Writer (3/2) and Story (3/1) of the year.

250 on Amaroq winning all his nominations. (FMS'er, Writer, Story, Best Newcomer, Best Character, Spirit, Best English)

250 on Terk winning Best Rest of the World.

Incidentally, what's the most awards won by one person in one year? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm sure Raptor or flippers holds that distinction... icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by HD:

Incidentally, what's the most awards won by one person in one year? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm sure Raptor or flippers holds that distinction... icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nope totally wrong.

Most awards won by anyone person in one year is eight in 2001 by me, then 7 last year by me and iirc I think Flippers may have won 7 in a year but would need to totally check that.

For the record for this year, Faramir has ten nominations, I have 9 and Roqy has seven unless Simon has fecked up - again.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by HD:

What are the odds on Amaroq and myself winning no awards? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Individually I'd say about 1000-1, jointly as in neither of you winning anything bout 100000-1.

Fancy it?

I'm allowed to have a go - one day I'll win as well, even if I have to rig it icon_mad.gif

£995 on:

{Amaroq to win: Best Newcomer, WoTY, Best Character, Best English. HD to win SOTY, Funniest Story, Funniest Writer, Best short)

£5 on Jambo4eva as most missed (:spitsicon_smile.gif

500 on Amaroq to take out {SoTY, Newcomer & WoTY}

500 on HD {Funniest, Funniest Story}

just for reference how does that group betting work for instance for the Amaroq bet it totals 11/2 which mean for 500 i get back 2750 but if its cumulative

500 * (soty 3/1) = 2000 * (newcomer 1/1) = 4000 * (woty 3/2) =10000 (for 500 i win 10k)

TBf, the best I could give you on that would be about 1/5 not because you suck, but because the only 2 awards you are up for have quite a highly quality field. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

But also because you suck.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Panpardus:

500 on Amaroq to take out {SoTY, Newcomer & WoTY}

500 on HD {Funniest, Funniest Story}

just for reference how does that group betting work for instance for the Amaroq bet it totals 11/2 which mean for 500 i get back 2750 but if its cumulative

500 * (soty 3/1) = 2000 * (newcomer 1/1) = 4000 * (woty 3/2) =10000 (for 500 i win 10k) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, equivilant odds of about 10-1

In a real bookies you probably wouldn't even get anywhere near that I guess, I mean what the hell do I know about odds icon_biggrin.gif

Bet One:

£500 on Amaroq to win:

Writer of the Year, Story of the Year and Best English Story.

Bet Two:

£100 on Around the World in 80 Games for Best Story Idea.

Bet Three:

£200 on Panpardus story, "The Blood, Sweat and Tears of a Part-time manager" to win Best Rest of the World Story.

Bet Four:

£150 on Amaroq to win FMSer of the Year

Bet Five

£50 on HD to win Funniest Writer of the Year and his story "The Night After Transfers" to win Funniest Story and Best Short Story.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Raptor:

I can actually bet in this competition for the first time ever icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, well do it then icon_razz.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">quote:

Originally posted by Peacemaker7:

TBf, the best I could give you on that would be about 1/5 not because you suck, but because the only 2 awards you are up for have quite a highly quality field.

But also because you suck. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL thanks for that HD LOL icon_razz.gif

£100 Amaroq as FMSer of the Year

£100 Peacemaker as writer of the year

£250 Sharpening a Rusty Blade as Story of the Year

£250 Amaroq as best newcomer

£250 The Night After Transfers as best short story

Finally £50 on Peacemaker to win nothing (at whatever odds he'll give) and then to go on an Kanye West style "the awards lose credibility if I don't win" style rant. icon_smile.gif

You have me mixed up with HD, check all previous award ceremonies threads I have never been anything but gracious when not winning icon_razz.gif

Although your bets are fine chonner, and of course it's up to you, you might want to consider a couple of accumulators instead? For instance, why not put the lump sum on the Amaroq treble rather then three seperate bets?

Odds for me to win zilch are on the other page, odds that I would do some sort of silly rant, 10 million to one.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Brian of Nazareth:

right im going to end the sequence in a blaze of outrageous betting.

all the money on an accy:

amaroq winning best english story and HD winning an award.

Let the sequence here endeth. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

HD to win any award would be 1/25

Archived