The Official Sevilla thread for FM 2009: We're better than Barca and Real

sorry i meant current as in what it was when i joined. after selling all those it increased to 32.

bought aimar for 9, hernanes for 8. going to be playing a 4-5-1.

in contract negotiations with santon(3.2), ochoa(3) and saviola (4.7)

squad will be if all goes to plan:

ochoa (palop)

santon (konko) fazio (prieto) squillaci (escude) adriano (navarro) -- crespo as a cover all back up for all

maresca (kuzmanovic) hernanes (romaric)

navas (acosta) aimar (hernanes) capel (adriano/hernanes) - might use alejandro alfaro as an alternative back up too, instead of selling

kanoute / luis fabiano (not sure who to have as first choice striker just yet, but saviola will be third choice in any case)

as usual for me, it's another very aggressive tactic; with 2 wingers to be used as full backs in santon and adriano and the first choice MCs are both very good on the ball rather than robust and hard tackling. the emphasis will be on starving the opposition of the ball in terms of defence and good quality passing and movement in attack.

aye, it is but i've no real need for money and i like keeping a hold of homegrown talent.

decided to toy with a new formation and working to great success so far in friendlies / europa quals: 1-4-3-2

ST fabiano/kanoute, saviola

AM capel(alfaro), aimar(kuzmanovic), jesus navas(acosta)

DM adriano(navarro), hernanes(romaric), maresca(prieto), santon(konko)

DF fazio(squillaci)

GK ochoa (palop)

even more aggressive! will switch to that 4-5-1 at first sign of trouble though ;)

I see you like to play a more attacking style same as i do. I find i struggle against the big teams with it though, I have not beaten real madrid in 7 tries so far.

Also im not to familiar with the keeper you have but i found palop was amazing first season for me but chelsea offered me a great deal and i decided to bring in a young spanish keeper asenjo.

37mil for capel is an amazing offer the highest i had was from real madrid and that was a terrible 10mil offer :(. (although im not complaining because i got to keep him)

Good luck with your season.

i'm in the second season though, palop's that little bit older. i'm very familiar with asenjo, great player, usually is my first choice buy in the keeper department but the bank balance at sevilla isn't too great so a 3m ochoa was more than fine. will report how the season goes.

6 games into the league, top with 16pts atm. had a pretty lucky 3-3 draw at nou camp, they overran me but i kept getting goals on the break. highlight game and performance though so far has been a 5-2 win over villarael. with a hattrick from aimar as well as two assists.

scored 29 goals in 10 games in all comps so far.

saviola - 11 goals in 7(1)apps, 1 assist too

aimar - 6 goals and 7 assists in 8(1)

pretty good buys they're turning out to be, again. :)

mid season update

pablo aimar has been INCREDIBLE.

pablo aimar - 26(6) - 24 goals, 21 assists, 7.60 rating. 17(2) - 20 goals(next closest is ewerthon on 12), 14 assists (next closest is jesus navas on 11) with 7.76 avg rating in La Liga (robben second with 7.43)

he's honestly kept me going - top of la liga, 20 games in. won 18, drew 2. one was to barca i mentioned before and another was another 3-3 with either atletico or valencia, can't remember.

javier saviola is struggling with injuries again, but has still managed 19 goals in 18(3) so far.

other highlight player has been hernanes - 29(4) - 8 goals and 7 assists with avg rating of 7.39. he's been doing a great job recycling the ball sitting back deeper in midfield.

• 2 weeks later...

Although I will be starting a new game with Sevilla soon, (following a transfer policy more closely mirroring what they have done IRL), I played 1 season with Sevilla as my first game on FM 09, just to get used to things. As i set my rep too low, i had Luis Fabiano and Kanoute moaning/injured all season, and so was forced to rely on Chevanton for the goals. And his end of season stats were 32(10) Apps 31 goals! All this while 3rd choice striker at the start of the season when i was playing 2 up front. So he is useful as a backup, if not starter, if Kanoute or Luis Fabiano are off the boil.

Will be interested to see how you're doing with Sevilla. I managed to in La Liga in my first and only season with Sevilla, but that was mainly due to Real and Barca dropping silly points, and Chevanton going on a crazy scoring run. I stopped playing because I bought and sold too many players, and the squad was too different from the original one, it didnt feel right anymore.

Ok well season started well, I lost my 3rd game away to real madrid 1-0. But appart from that i hadnt lost all the way through to november and sat comfortably in 1st 2 points in front of real madrid.

That was until a came up against Betis and barcelona and lost to them both which saw me drop to 3rd, It was a great half of the season for me also comfortably getting through my champions league group finishing 1st and getting through an easy 4th round spanish cup to draw against rivals Betis in the 5th round.

My dissapointment was the amount of goals i had conceded in the league, While i had conceded around 16 by january Barcelona and real Madrid had conceded only 6-7, I looked closely at how i was conceding and noticed most were long range efforts and decided to bring in a good defencive midfielder, So i opened my cheque book and signed miguel veloso for £21m.

After that things were a lot better only conceding 8 goals in the second half of the season.

So after a strong finish including a 1-0 win over Real madrid (First time i had won against them in 3 years) i won the league.

I had a little bad luck in the Chamions Cup drawing Manchester united in the first knockout round, A 0-0 draw at old trafford set up a great game back at Roman Sanchez Pizjuan Which we drew 3-3 and i ended up going out on away goals.

My Spanish cup run went great and i got through to the semi final stage which i lost to valencia.

I had a lot of trouble keeping players that didnt play a lot happy, But my first team were fantastic, So heres a few pictures of the league ect.

League

Squad

Transfers

League top scorers

My under 19's were fantastic winning there league with 6-7 games left for the second season running. I have high hopes for my youngsters, None more so than a regen called Ibon Pereda i picked up last season. I gave him a few games in the first team which he scored 2 in the spanish cup.

Pereda

Looking forward to a new season and feel my squad is good but looking to buy a striker, preferably a target man. Anyone have anyone they can reccomend?

Oh i also got offered the england job, To which i accepted and im hoping it isnt hard work balancing both sevilla and england.

I play an attacking 4-4-2, Playing very wide and the middle tempo.

I demolish lesser teams but struggle against real madrid and athletic madrid etc, I guess its just a case of go with which tactic you like and are comfortable with.

Gilly you might struggle against the bigger sides because you are playing too wide. Look to see if you are giving the ball away trying to play too expansive passes.

The best way to play though is a fairly wide 4-4-2, with focus passing down both flanks to make best use of Navas and Capel, as the team lacks creativity in the middle.

Yeah but i have replaced the middle 2 with Veloso and Riquelme/Anderson.

So i have a lot better creativity in the middle. I still use Navas and capel a lot on the wings but i hardly score goals from that route so am looking for a nice forward who can header and play target man like.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Hello everyone! I stopped playing with Portsmouth due to lack of inspiration and I have to admit, Premiership isn't one of my favorite leagues. I have decided to try my luck with Sevilla - a team in which I have never been before. I don't have a clue where to start so I'm politely asking for good recommendations. I am playing on new ADDM update.

Finances are not ideal, but I hope we can build our team on them. I asked the board for more transfer and wage budget, but they have declined my pleadings.

Squad looks like this. Some players are out on loan on default.

Since I don't have a clue where to start (I mean, start as best as possible) I wouldn't begrudge some detailed advices from more familiar players which had success with Sevilla.

So, who should I sell to increase my transfer and wage budget? I need more of it. I know, I won't sell Fazio, Navas and Capel at any cost.

Who should I bring in as a fresh blood? I was thinking Azpilicueta or Mazzarani on the right back, maybe Sakho on CB (or maybe not...), Moussa Sissoko for DM... is it possible? If it is, who else? I'm planning of using 4-4-2 or 4-2-2-2 formation.

Are there any young lads on which I can count on for the future, except Perroti, and how serious can I count on him turning out great? Oh yeah, how can I transfer my players in reserves and vice versa? It's been a while since I haven't played with a Spanish team :)

Is there anything else I have maybe forgoten?

Thank you in advance.

Archived