Squad numbers (how to put the basic formation in the numerical order you like)

I post this on this section since it’s a common problem for tactic creators.

In previous FMs, it was possible to change the order in which players were displayed on “players – position” window in “tactics” screen (and of course on “Assistant Manager team report”).

This also had effect on friendly numbers or (more interesting) for National teams or just where players have no fixed numbers at the beginning of the season.

I mean I’d like to see, for instance: 1.GK, 2.DR, 3.DL, 4.DCr, 5.DCl, 6.MCl, 7.MR, 8.MCr, 9.SCr, 10.SCl, 11.ML.

I haven’t found the way to do this in FM9: is there any? Thanks.

It would be more realistic if you had to assign your players a squad number at the start of the season or when you signed them. Maybe that could be something for a future patch or FM 2010? It shouldn't be too hard to do I'd have thought.

why would you have your centre back as number four?

holding midfielder is number four!

This things might be different in different countries. Holding midfielder - for instance - is number 5 in Brazil.

Anyway, it seems there's no answer to my question...

It would be more realistic if you had to assign your players a squad number at the start of the season or when you signed them. Maybe that could be something for a future patch or FM 2010? It shouldn't be too hard to do I'd have thought.

I was not talking about assigning numbers to each player as it's usually done at the beginning of the season. Sorry if I was not clear.

If you play with national team (or any team in friendlies), numbers are usually given from right to left (except fullbacks) and from defense to attack. They appear in the same order on "tactics/players - position".

Since it was possible to change this in previous FMs, it would be nice to be allowed to do it IN FM09 as well. At least, if there's a way, I couldn't find it....

Archived