*Official* FM Ess 2006. The Team Of Could Be Legends.

Okkas

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Okkas:

whilst Spav made way for Dixie Flatline to make his debut at left back.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The Aussies are battling it out for the left-back position - who will win? Sydney (yay) or Melbourne (boo). icon_biggrin.gif

Loving your work on this story, Okkas. icon_smile.gif

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cheers guys, great to hear your feedback.

Only paid three games so far but concerned how easy the results have reflected.

In fairness, one of the games could have easily been a defeat but Binny was on top form

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Okkas:

Cheers guys, great to hear your feedback.

Only paid three games so far but concerned how easy the results have reflected.

In fairness, one of the games could have easily been a defeat but Binny was on top form </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

paid meant to say played...obviously icon_smile.gif

Okkas: This is brilliant work. I love the mesh of styles. Really. It will be tough to keep it up over the length of the season, so definately - in order to keep the vive up, pick and choose your matches.

Please keep it up. Very intertaining

Life In The Fort is looking good;

19-08-05

It is the day before the first away game of the season, and as the coach prepares to leave for a 9.30am departure, several players are missing from the training ground with just ten minutes to spare.

Channel 4 camera’s sense a moment of controversary upon the horizon. Despite this, Okkas is sat in his office inside the training HQ whilst uskopite and Hell Hath No Fury are having a knock about in the car park.

Meanwhile in reception, Binny is being interviewed by a Oban Times reporter after his rave reviews have received interested from the Football League.

“For sure it is flattering…but I am more than happy†a passer by would hear the shot-stopper say.

As the time fastly approaches 9.30am, Bazza, Daz The Imp and Spav are all missing from the congregation that has filled the training ground. Dire Wrangle appears from the treatment room with Adrian Moore who both have disheartened looks on their face. Moore makes his way into the office.

He knocks before entering; “Gaffer…he’s out! He wants to travel but there is no chance he’ll make the bench never mind the starting XI.â€

“****†Okkas responds after Dire showed great promise at the start of the season. “And the others?†Luther asks.

“Bazza, Daz and Spav are all still not here as far as I am aware. Uskopite is here though. Got here about five minutes back.â€

On this note, Okkas and Luther check their watches before leaving for the car park. “OK GATHER ROUND GUYS†calls Blissett.

“Still no Bazza, Daz and Spav?â€

All the faces look around despondently and quiet but no one makes a sound. Okkas, looking slightly peeved at which point he tells the squad to jump onto the coach and make themselves comfortable.

Before getting on the coach himself, Okkas speaks with Blissett regarding the missing guys at which point, 2 motors pull into the car park. It is Spav and Bazza and without a word between themselves and Okkas, the gaffer points at the coach and then discreetly make their way over. Minutes later Daz The Imp pulls into the car park also and a similar scenario see’s the forward come and apologise to his boss and his assistant although the response in minimal.

Climbing onto the coach, Wilkins arrives in his Mercedes in order to follow the group down…

“Ok guys listen up. Redditch, as you will know, is a good 400 miles away. We’ve sorted it for Plane flights and so forth in future but for now…we’ll see how this goes. We’re driving south and we are planning at stopping off in Carslile. We’ll have a meal, a stretch and a light, and I mean light, warm-up and short session. After that we’ll continue down south and we should arrive at our hotel around 7pm tonight.†Blissett announces.

“Make the most of the the facilities on this coach guys. It’s top of the range and even some premiership club don’t have one this nice...†Okkas smiles…â€So thank Flip and enjoy it. Any questions, come see us down the front.â€

Moments later, as the coach is leaving Fort William with a full squad attending, Okkas scribbles out three names on his team sheet and replaces them without any hesitance. Charlie Palmer glances at the note and nods in agreement before Blissett gives Okkas the thumbs up from beside him.

Pre-match build-up…

Redditch Standard – 19-08-05

Fort William’s FM Ess travel South tomorrow for what is their first away game of the new season against our very own Redditch. With two very varied moods in the squads, Redditch know they could do with a positive performance infront of their own fans to kick-start a slow start to the new campaign.

With a point on the opening day verse Gainsborough and a 4-0 loss in midweek against Worcester, Redditch will hope to stop the rot when Okkas brings his 2 wins from 2 FM Ess side to Worcestershire’s real club.

FM Ess are expected to bring a near to fully fit squad with them to Redditch for Saturdays encounter with only OMDave known to be out of the picture. England’s top scorer, Bazza, who has 7 goals in just two games will be the main attraction meanwhile whilst our very own Paul Moore has been passed fit after doubts over a calf strain.

The Valley Stadium is expected to have near to 400 fans for the game with FM Ess brining very few travelling fans. Darren Cann will referee the game tomorrow afternoon that is believed to be an easy one to do so with both sides sharing just one yellow card so far this season.

Match Odd’s however suggest FM Ess are still expected to struggle with the bubble expected to burst sooner rather than later.

Redditch Evens….Draw 7/2…..FM Ess 4/1

TRIO CONTINUE FORM DESPITE TRAVELS

BBC Sport – 20th August 2005

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/englishconferencenorth

In a eventful day in the Conference North, Hucknall Town, Droylsden and FM Ess all continued their fine form with Droylsden securing a comfortable home wins, Hucknall a narrow away win and FM Ess a vibrant 4-0 victory at Redditch.

Elsewhere, Worksop, Hyde and Gainsborough netted away wins whilst Harrogate, Kettering and Lancaster won at home.

In Worcestershire, Okkas took his 100% Story Makers with plenty of confidence and drive. Despite impressive displays in recent games however, the visitors made several changes included the exclusion of both Spav and Bazza, both expected to start the first away game of the season. Elsewhere, Hell No Fury started again in the holding midfield role whilst ArjenRobben earnt his first start of the new season in the centre of midfield.

The visiting side made the early moments count with Simonh1979 and Peacemaker7 occupying the wide roles well. Nazarath, rested altogether after two fine displays, watched from the sideline as Peacemaker7 caused early problems for Redditch before, on just 8 minutes, curling a fine cross into Paul Binder’s goal mouth. As the home team keeper claimed the ball however, Okkas’ apparent challenge was adjudged fair and resulting this, Matt_no_7 pounced on a loose ball to fire home number one.

Shortly after this, Binny was once again called upon to prove his value to the cause, making a string of great saves to deny both Rickards and Moore before Hunter converted for Redditch on 25 minutes only to see his headed ruled out for offside.

Shortly after the break, Matt_no_7 again found himself with time on the ball, this time drifting past his marker before crossing goal wards only to see his effort loop over Binder into an empty net.

On the hour mark, Simonh1979, Matt_no_7 and Arjen Robben all made way for Bazza, Daz The Imp and uskopite (making his conference debut) and with 5 minutes, the trio combined well before a mazy dribble from uskopite created space for Peacemaker to arrive onto a through ball and convert for 3-0.

After the game, Redditch boss Rod Brown, described the FM Ess attack as “breathtakingly brilliant†and his views were clear for all to see in the later stages of the game when both Okkas and Bazza combined to create an opening for fellow striker Daz The Imp who drove home a sweet effort from inside the box to secure a fantastic 4-0 victory and continue the new boys 100% record whilst on the road.

CLASSIFIED RESULTS

Redditch 0-4 FM Ess

Att: 521..…………..Matt_no_7 (8, 50)

……………………..Peacemaker7 (67)

……………………..Daz The Imp (84)

HOW THEY RATED;

Redditch:

Binder 5, Clarke 4, Pearce 4, Waller 4, Taylor 5, Hollis 4 (Knight 6 ; 76), Murphy 4, Hunter 4, Yates 5 (Field 6 ; 65), Rickards 5, Moore 6 (Williams 6 ; 45).

FM Ess Ratings;

GK: Binny – 10 FM Ess STAR MAN

DR: WLKRAS – 9

DL: Dixie Flatline – 9

DC: Macca_SAFC – 10

DM: Hell Hath No Fury – 9

DM: Flipsix3 – 9

MC: ArjenRobben – 7 Off 61

MC: Matt_no_7 – 9 + 2 GOALS Off 61

AMR: Simonh1979 – 8 Off 61

AML: Peacemaker7 – 9 + 1 GOAL

SC: Okkas – 8

Subs:

MC: uskopite – 7 On 61

SC: Bazza – 8 Off 61

SC: Daz The Imp – 8 + 1 GOAL Off 61

After FM Ess' third straight win, and a bag full of goals, the Confernce table on Teletexts 427 page reads as follows;

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

English Conference North – 21st August 2005

| Pos | Inf | Team | | Pld | Won | Drn | Lst | For | Ag | G.D. | Pts |

| --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| 1st | | FM Ess 2006 | | 3 | 3 | 0 | 0 | 16 | 1 | +15 | 9 |

| --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| 2nd | | Droylsden | | 3 | 2 | 1 | 0 | 8 | 4 | +4 | 7 |

| 3rd | | Hucknall | | 3 | 2 | 1 | 0 | 5 | 1 | +4 | 7 |

| 4th | | Northwich | | 3 | 2 | 0 | 1 | 6 | 4 | +2 | 6 |

| 5th | | Harrogate | | 3 | 2 | 0 | 1 | 4 | 2 | +2 | 6 |

| 6th | | Leigh RMI | | 3 | 2 | 0 | 1 | 3 | 1 | +2 | 6 |

| 7th | | Stafford | | 3 | 2 | 0 | 1 | 3 | 3 | 0 | 6 |

| 8th | | Hednesford | | 3 | 1 | 2 | 0 | 6 | 3 | +3 | 5 |

| 9th | | Lancaster | | 3 | 1 | 2 | 0 | 6 | 4 | +2 | 5 |

| 10th | | Gainsborough | | 3 | 1 | 2 | 0 | 5 | 3 | +2 | 5 |

| 11th | | Worksop | | 3 | 1 | 1 | 1 | 3 | 2 | +1 | 4 |

| 12th | | Hyde | | 3 | 1 | 1 | 1 | 4 | 6 | -2 | 4 |

| 13th | | Worcester | | 3 | 1 | 1 | 1 | 4 | 6 | -2 | 4 |

| 14th | | Alfreton | | 3 | 1 | 0 | 2 | 3 | 4 | -1 | 3 |

| 15th | | Hinckley | | 3 | 1 | 0 | 2 | 2 | 3 | -1 | 3 |

| 16th | | Kettering | | 3 | 1 | 0 | 2 | 3 | 6 | -3 | 3 |

| 17th | | Barrow | | 3 | 1 | 0 | 2 | 2 | 8 | -6 | 3 |

| 18th | | Nuneaton | | 3 | 0 | 2 | 1 | 1 | 2 | -1 | 2 |

| 19th | | Vauxhall Motors | | 3 | 0 | 2 | 1 | 2 | 4 | -2 | 2 |

| 20th | | Redditch | | 3 | 0 | 1 | 2 | 2 | 10 | -8 | 1 |

| 21st | | Workington | | 3 | 0 | 0 | 3 | 2 | 7 | -5 | 0 |

| 22nd | | Stalybridge | | 3 | 0 | 0 | 3 | 0 | 6 | -6 | 0 |

| | | | | | | | | | | | |

</pre>

Thanks guys. I've considered it as your goal WLKRAS icon_biggrin.gif

May be it is dumb question but what does WLKRAS stand for because in my mind I just call you WALK-RUSS </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

WL is short for Westland which is the area where i live. Kras is an old nickname based on Chris

Fair does...I prefer Walkruss icon_biggrin.gif

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

:/

I'll agree that it's probably easier to pronounce

MUST KEEP OUR FEET ON THE GROUND.

The Oban Times

23rd August 2005;

FM Ess goal machine Bazza has told of how the Conference North new-boys must keep their feet firmly on the ground if they are to continue their fine form and push for progress in the 2005/2006 campaign.

Bazza, who has so far notched up 7 goals after 3 appearances, spoke after a training ground session where many photographers were present to try and capture the mood at the Northern club.

FM Ess, who’ll be the focus of a new Channel Four documentary starting on the 28th August, are now looking at extending their 100% record when they travel to Lancaster for their fourth game of the new season.

Bazza explained;

“The start has gone beyond what we dreamt. But we must continue to work hard and keep our minds focused on the job ahead of us.â€

Meanwhile, Ray Wilkins confirmed the club had exceeded his expectations and warned against complacency sneaking in.

“It is very easy for sides to get carried away. I’ve spoken with the boys and they know we need to remain humble in victory and respectful in defeat. If they can manage that, they can go far.â€

Elsewhere in the club, Matt_no_7 has been ruled out of action for a week after a robust challenge in training saw top scorer Bazza collide with the creative midfield man. Okkas refused to cast doubts over the pairs short term future and confirmed that he’d expect both players to be out of training for a maximum of two days.

POOL UNDESERVING OF TIGHT FIGHT WIN

The Sun – 27th August 2005

Liverpool saw off CSKA Moskow last night in the European Super Cup in a game which was undoubtedly a one sided affair. CSKA, who surprised amny to win the UEFA Cup last season, were the only side in the game for much of the 90 minutes and were unfortunate when on 30 minutes, Steve Finnan felled Alainitchev inside the box.

However, as time wore on, Liverpool were always looking likely to sneak something with rare attacks becoming more dangerous with time. Deep in the 2nd half, Djibril Cisse beat his man with pace before squaring well to an advanced Dietmar Hamann who converted his first of the new season.

After the game, many pundits explained how they felt Liverpool were playing well but far off the sort of form which has seen Chelsea win 4 on the bounce in the first four games of the league season.

Dream Club Give Dream Deals;

In lighter news, BobBev, Dixie Flatline and King Mike have all secured better and longer deals with Conference North FM Ess. The trio, part of a small group who originally felt that packages being offered were not as fair as other team members, all confirmed in a press conference last week that they would like to sign new deals after a fantastic start in the newest Footballing town in Britain.

FM Ess travel to Lancaster tomorrow in search of a 4th straight win which would win one lucky punter £20,000 who bet on the opening day that they’d win their first four games. At the time, FM Ess were ranked a huge 33/1 to win merely their opener and now, with just one game left to play on his betting slip, Okkas’ dream story could turn into a financial dream for one lucky Labbrokes punter.

Player Focus – Winging Wonder

Real name Roderick Laurence Davies, our very own Brian Of Nazarath has had a fine start to his FM Ess career and in doing so, we thought we should ask the star winger for a short interview ahead of our game away at Lancaster. The Storymakers Fanzine will aim to bring you the best in interviews, story and news features in the 05/06 season as we watch our club build solid foundations for the future.

Ladies and Gentlemen, we present you, Brian Of Nazarath…

Born; Worcester *Nazarath smiles after recent obvious victories*

Your Youth; I grew up playing for Droitwich Spa Swifts. I have always like the attacking left midfield role and I’ve finally found a gaffer who’ll use the position to its full.

I grew up listening to classic groups such as Queen, Kiss, Iron Miaden and even Blondie. *Nazarath again smiles but this time one of embarrassment notes the editor.*

TV wise, I was a religious Scrubs fan. I also loved the Teenage Mutant Turtles show…of course.

Describe yourself in 10 words or less; vibrant array of opportunities wilfully ignored in favour of football.

Favourite Club? Aston VillA

Favourite team-mate? Not to be a splitter but I’ll go for WLKRAS. A real prankster in the group.

Funniest team-mate? Ah for the one liners, it’ll be BobBev. But the sardonic PM comes a close second.

Favourite Dish? Pasta alla Carbonara – a pasta with bacon and parmesan cheese.

Favourite Beverage? *Nazarath lowers his head as if to suggest he doesn’t drink*

First Car? Fiat Punto – 4 door, newish, lovely little thing. No power or fun for racing but it doesn’t get me killed and it is easy to park.

First Home? (Owned ) Don’t be silly. I sponged off my parents till FM Ess renting became and issue. I shared with some guys when I dabbled in University life. But I never paid any rent or bills.

First tme you realised you were something special on the pitch? My dad's mate was watching me at a local park and then he said Who's that kid he looks like Pele! He said it so loud 3 scouts overheard and I was soon moving on up. I scored 6 goals in that match against Hartlebury U12s then. ( We were 15 1/2 but it was only a friendly )

Best Album? Gypsy Punks (Gogol Bordello)

Best Band? Guns n Roses or Iron MaideN

Person you’d like to meet? (dead or alive) The Virgin Mary – just before God spoke to her.

You have one day left on earth…how would you fill it? I'd probably sleep through it knowing my luck. However were I fortunate to be alive, I'd give it my best shot at organising a naked lesbian spankfest in my bedroom, coupled with repeat video showings of Peter Withe scoring the European Cup winning goal for Villa, having sex with the lesbians, then nicking a very fast car and being the showpiece of a car chase, where I get to drive over 150 mph, knock a few biddies out of my way flip 1080 degrees over a house, survive and just before running out of gas hitting the ejector seat and dying being carried into the sky amidst a cushion of searing flames. I think that would be a nice day.

Aims for the season? Well given our start probably promotion to be honest.

Aims for your career? International recognition probably, hopefully with FMS.

Any embarrassing secrets about any team-mates? Some, who shall remain nameless have taken part in the disgusting rugby ritual of soggy biscuit ( no more details I’m afraid ). However, Supa Playa was spotted shopping in town carrying out a bag from Anne Summers and one from the Disney Store. They are related.

LANCASTER FIGHT IS A GAME TOO FAR

The Oban Times – 28th August 2005;

After three successive victories for the newest club in the English Football Hierarchy, players were brought back down to earth by a dull encounter away at Lancaster in the 4th game of the Conference North Season.

FM Ess took a mostly fit squad to the Giant Axe stadium for a game dubbed their easiest so far by some but were soon trailing after a very different side was fielded by boss Okkas.

Star performers, Bazza and Binny were both omitted from the starting XI along with WLKRAS and Okkas whilst Dire Wrangle was on the bench and Brian Of Nazarath was missing altogether.

Luther Blissett defended the decision explaining;

“We have a big squad and many game to come. We need all players fresh and all must be up for the challenge.â€

Along with this, MaccaSAFC failed a late fitness test providing both King Mike and Sam015 with starts in a new 4-3-3 system.

Lancaster began with a traditional 4-4-2 meanwhile and were the ones who benefited first when their four man midfield out passed Hell Hath No Fury, Supa Playa and SDaveS before sliding a pass into the feet of Ryan Zico Black who sliced an effort goalwards before seeing a wicked deflection come off Flipsix3, playing at right back, and spin past BobBev into the empty net.

Flipsix3, captaining the side after a pre-match vote saw him edge of others for the honour, played with real passion however and was at the heart of some flowing moves down the right flank during a quiet half that saw both Uskopite and Super Walli miss good chances infront of goal.

Shortly before the break, Daz The Imp pounced on a loose pass back from Iain Swain and should have capitalised when he rounded McMillan, only to fire his effort wide from inside the box.

At the break, Okkas replaced Daz whilst Sam015 was soon replaced after the break by Dire Wrangle with a more attacking 3-4-3 system adopted. But whilst SDaveS controlled the midfield, the attacking third could not find the missing link that the side probably deserved.

A dull second half petered out into a scrappy finish with Dire Wrangle and Super Walli both creating chances late on only to see uskopite spawn a golden chance from inside the 6-yard box.

It was by no means a game FM Ess should ahev lost but nor did they do enough to push the game onto the home teams backline at any point. Promising displays from SDaveS, uskopite and Hell Hath No Fury will give the management team something to consider meanwhile with a packed September fixtures programme lined up.

FM Ess again saw their disciplinary record remain clean, prompting suggestion they cannot play tough when away from home against decent sides. Okkas refuted these claims however confirming;

“these boys can match anyone in this division when we need to get physical. Today wasn’t our day. The lads who came in looked good and we could have easily come away with something but it’s not always a terrible thing to get a defeat like this under our belt. We were risking the situation of being overly-confident.â€

Classified Score:

Lancaster……1-0……FM Ess

Black (8)………………Att: 291

FM Ess Ratings;

GK: BobBev – 7

DR: Flipsix3 © – 6

DL: Spav – 7

DC: KingMike – 6

DC: Sam-015 – 7 Off 76

DM: SDaveS – 8 FM Ess STAR MAN

MC: Supa Playa – 7

MC: Hell Hath No Fury – 7

SC: Super Walli – 7

SC: Daz The Imp – 7 Off 45

SC: uskopite – 7

Subs:

SC: Okkas – 7 On 45

AM: Dire Wrangle – 6 On 76

Lancaster Ratings:

McMillan 7, Bond 8, Morris 6, Holmes 7, Swain 7, Goodbridge 7 (Skinner 6 ; 81), Lawford 7 (Howson 6 ; 86), Phillips 7, Jones 7, Black 7 [1 goal] (Sullivan 6 ; 81).

WIGAN HUNT MACCA OPTION.

FM Ess’ promotion hopes have been offered a slender de-railing after one of their stars so far was offered a dream move to turn out for Premiership new-boys Wigan Athletic.

Paul Jewell’s men, currently sitting 5th in the elite division in England, have started very well to life in the Premiership and have this week launched a tempting offer in the way of Conference North FM Ess who only signed up the English youngster at the tail end of last season.

Jewell stated;

“He is certainly a target. We like the look of him and feel he’d fit in well with the experienced centre backs here.â€

Despite being offered in the region of £250,000 for the defender, Okkas has refused to let the star centre back discuss a move to the North West club, suggesting instead that sides review how much they think players are worth.

Blackpool have confirmed they offered £350,000 as well as James Doolan in part exchange deal yesterday but FM Ess released a statement claiming the club would require much more a substantial offer to even consider a sale.

It is yet to be revealed how the Macca will feel about the offer but will continue training this week as his future is resolved.

FM Ess verse Leigh RMI

Live from Fortress FMS, 10th September 2005

BBC Radio out-take:

“Hello and welcome to the Fortress here in Fort William where Okkas hopes to put his side back on track with 3 points at home to Leigh RMI in this Conference North clash†says Andy Payne.

“FM Ess come into this game after defeat at Lancaster and certainly mean business as they appear to field what some might say, is a fully fit, strongest side.â€

“MaccaSAFC returns to the side amid transfer speculation to skipper the side today in a back three which see’s WLKRAS on the right and Spav on the left. The trio play infront of Binny who returns to first team action meanwhile.â€

As Andy Payne continues to read out the side, cheers can be heard on BBC Radio Scotland as the FM Ess boys take to the field.

“AND THE PLAYERS WALK OUT HERE IN FRONT OF A FAIRLY LARGE CROWD AT THE FORTRESS. I WILL QUICKLY RUSH THROUGH THE SIDES.†He shouts as the noise exceeds that of which the sound men clearly expected.

“SDaveS will partner Flipsix3 in holding roles, Supa Playa and Matt_no_7 will play in the centre of the park whilst the attacking three will see Okkas lead the line, with Brian Of Nazarath on the left and Dire Wrangle on the right. The only absences really are Daz The Imp and Bazza but all in all, FM Ess are looking strong. The bench reads Terk, Super Walli, Simonh1979, Peacemaker7 and Dixie Flatlineâ€

Roars can be heard as the referee asks side to switch ends whilst the opposition side is read.

Payne explains, “Leigh field a simpler 4-4-2 with Mann in goal. Right to left read Mark Drew, Johnrose, Woodthorpe and Andy Roscoe. Midfield from right to left reads Thompson, Peyton, Stoker and Shillito. Upfront, Ian Armstrong lines up with Simm.â€

….

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Macca_SAFC:

A dream move to Wigan? I'd rather stay in Scotland, unles I catch a whiff of one of those pies... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nothing wrong with Wigan icon_mad.gif

FM Ess verse Leigh RMI, Kick-Off

“Well FM Ess get us underway but I can tell you that immediately they have put themselves on the back foot. Possession is with Stoker, the skipper of Leigh RMI…he finds Armstrong in space,. He turns, gets a shot in and it’s a neatly taken save from Binny.â€

“Not a start the bench would want†remarks Richard Gough.

“Indeed, well Leigh, on their day, will try and play football but the question is can this FM Ess side produce the sort of home form that has made them early season pace setters?â€

As the game gets going, FM Ess begin to play neat football in the middle of the park. Supa Playa and Flipsix3 in particular look sharp on the ball and at times, it appears the home side are playing keep ball.

“GREAT FOOTBALL FROM THE STORYMAKERS†mentions Gough.

“Here is Dire Wrangle now on the right, holding play up well, but he dwells on the ball and loses it inside the final third. Mark Drew clears his lines now…finds Thompson but he can only knock the ball off Spav for a throw.â€

It’s a breezy afternoon in Fort William with fresh temperatures making it ideal for footballing conditions. The surface, appears from above, to be carpet like, much to the applause of the grounds men. And with it, it takes not to long for Matt_no_7 to spray passes around the pitch.

“Matt_no_7 finds WLKRAS…He now cuts inside, past Roscoe…looks up but delays a cross. He has options but nothing simple. He looks up, drills the ball into the penalty area…its Nazarath…he lays it off to Okkas and its there. Out of nothing, FM Ess take the lead. It was a well worked goal with some great awareness.â€

Despite the good start, Binny becomes to busier of the two keepers however. On 17 minutes, things become slightly more intense.

“Here is Stoker, into Simm, he finds space for a one-two with Armstrong, shoots…AND ITS AN UNBELIEVABLE SAVE from Binny. AND HERE IS THE SECOND CHANCE BUT IT’S…ANOTHER, YES ANOTHER SAVE!â€

Moments later from the resulting corner, Binny pulls off two more incredible saves, denying both Stoker and Peyton before killing off the pressure after diving at the feat of Shillito smothers the ball from the midfielders feet.

“Well as the sides prepare to go into the break, it is once a gain a far from convincing display that has, so far, produced some goods for the home side.â€

“Yes Andy,†responds Gough. “they seem to be very good at denying opponents time and space and they can frustrate sides with the well disciplined defensive structure.â€

At this point the whistle goes and the FM Ess faithful give a half hearted cheer as the home side jog into the tunnel behind the goal at the home end.

“All in all, a very strange half†reports Payne.

Second Half from the Fortress, courtesy of Sky Sports and Soccer Saturday…

16:09pm

Stelling: Well, we have Chris Kamara, as you full well know over at the Fortress in the Conference…How is it Chris?

Kamara: Not bad Jeff. Not bad so far. Ten minutes into the second half and Nazarath, the lad we talked about earlier, has looked very bright. *Kamara appears to be jumping about somewhat as the fans behind him become excited* Well as we speak Jeff, Nazarath has just flung in a BRILLIANT cross from the left with Dire Wrangle CRASHING his header against the underside of the bar. Other than that, its been box to box football without any telling chances but Leigh RMI have cleared their lines now. HAHAHA GREAT STUFF, CHEERS JEFF. *As Kamara’s voice fades, a loud-ish shout is attempted from the outside broadcaster but Stelling chooses to ignore, instead going over to Phil Thompson at Liverpool*

16:17pm

Stelling: AND NOW *Stelling enthuses*, over to Chris Kamara…

Kamara: YES JEFF *shouts Kamara as the fans around him are chanting loudly.* It’s 2-0 to the home side and it has been coming. Really it has. It’s, it…I think. Yes it is that man Dire Wrangle who has finally converted a Nazarath cross and beat the keeper from the edge of the box. 2-0 Jeff

16:25pm

Stelling: And I am afraid, we have to talk to him again…Chris?

Kamara: 3-0 Jeff. They are cruising. It’s that man Okkas. He found a pass from Flipsix3 and slipped it past the onrushing Mann before the keeper could even get into a good position. They are too good for this division Jeff *he laughs in saying so*

16:30pm

Stelling: Well things were going bad for Leigh RMI weren’t they? And they’ve just got a whole lot worse…

Kamara: *A smiling, excited Kamara* pauses for breath….4-0….*he continues to laugh before turning away.*

16:35pm

Stelling:Well I am told, we know have Chris back up at the Fortress in Scotland. Maybe he has got a bit carried away. *several members of the studio laugh at the idiot in the north although Phil Thompson begins shouting ramblings about Liverpool being the best team ever in the World. It is clear he doesn’t like the spotlight being away from him but the rest of the broadcast continues with him spluttering about the Anfield faithful.*

Kamara: Hello Jeff, I am sorry. Not sure what happened there…well its 5-0 now. Okkas added one moments ago when you lost me. He’s now hit a hat-trick and Supa Playa has hit a awesome goal from some 35 yards. He picked up the ball from sub Peacemaker7, looked up from distance to see James Mann off his line and he drilled a perfectly weighted effort over the badly positioned keeper.

Stelling: Thanks for that Chris, oh dear, can’t get the staff these days…

Classified Score:

FM Ess……..5-0…...Leigh RMI

Okkas (13, 70, 76)…………Att: 2,631

Dire Wrangle (52)…………………..

Supa Playa (81)…………………….

FM Ess Ratings;

GK: Binny - 8

DR: WLKRAS – 8

DL: Spav – 10

DC: MaccaSAFC – 8

DM: SDaveS – 8

DM: Flipsix3 – 9

MC: Supa Playa – 8 + 1 GOAL

MC: Matt_no_7 – 7 Off 61

AMR: Dire Wrangle – 9 + 1 goal

AML: Brian Of Nazarath – 7 Off 61

SC: Okkas – 10 + 3 GOALS Star Man

Subs:

AML: Simonh1979 – 7 On 61

MC: Peacemaker7 - 7 On 61

Leigh RMI Ratings:

Mann 6, Drew 6, Roscoe 6, Johnrose 6, Woodthorpe 5, Shillito 5, Thompson 6, Peyton 5, Stoker 5, Armstrong 5, Simm 5.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Brian of Nazareth:

Wp Binny too for keeping us ahead with some cracking saves icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

But, but .... I only got an 8 icon_frown.gificon_wink.gif

I think I must have overdone that agility stat. Seems to be helping though - just the one conceded from 4 games played. Hope the Israeli management is looking. icon_razz.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by binny:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Brian of Nazareth:

Wp Binny too for keeping us ahead with some cracking saves icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

But, but .... I only got an 8 icon_frown.gificon_wink.gif

I think I must have overdone that agility stat. Seems to be helping though - just the one conceded from 4 games played. Hope the Israeli management is looking. icon_razz.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Methinks binny is playing for the camera. Getting a late jump just to show off his cracking agility on the lunge.

[bump] icon_wink.gif [/bump]

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Spav:

Typical - I get a 10 rating and I don't win MOM because the bloody author gets a 10 and 3 goals as well. icon_wink.gif

Great work, Okkas. Just keep the story bubbling along every few days and most people will be happy. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

gratuitous rumpy bumpy going on here

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Biggest appology to everyone who was reading/enjoying my story. To be fair, I hoped it wouldnt come to this but I just didn't have the time or stamina to keep it up. I didn't say so at time as I thought a week or so off may have bided me some time but in honesty, I couldn't keep it up.

I've recently set-up a band in the Leicestershire region. Any of you guys like a bit of beatles music, feel free to come and see us at the Looking Glass this week on 21st or the Lansdowne on May 7th.

You can see where all my efforts and spare time have windled away too.

Again, my appologies to everyone, thanks for the comments during the writing period and glad to see same names are around sticking at it unlike me icon_frown.gif

Top guys, all of ya.

Okkas icon_cool.gif

Archived