England F.C. experiment

Idea

The Club will be made up of the best players of English nationality in each position. For example, the best 'keeper and the second best get put in to the team. So the best 2 'keepers go in to a team and then the best 4 full backs, and best 4 central defenders will do too. Then, the best four wingers and best five central midfielders. Then the best four strikers and you have a team! After this, the team will be placed in the Blue Square South and left to see how they progress up the tier of English football.

How it will be put in to action

This is where you come in: You vote for the best players of each position. I will post ten players of each position for you to vote on, and you have 24 hours (or around that anyways :p) to vote before I post the next one. You will also vote for the best manager, but that time I will leave it open to suggestion. The manager who gets the most votes will become ass. man, and he will decide on teams and tactics as I will take control and holiday. Monthly updates will be posted with screenshots.

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's a nice thought, but there are three problems with this:

1. If (or when) the England players do well, they will receive interest from other clubs and be sold

2. Some of the players chosen for the team will possibly retire (e.g. David James)

3. The AI manager will bring in his own players (who won't all be English).

The answers:

I will be managing them but go on holiday and let the assistant take charge of the matchs and tactics - so he will be the manager in idea, but I will be manager really.

They bring in regens to replace them or I will sign another player who is English to replace

And I will choose to not buy or sell anyone

That answer them?

With the assistant - will it be a BSS level assistant, or someone half decent??

What about the club's facilities - will they be the same as before? Your regens will be nowhere near the same quality if you leave them as they are?

Any money injection? Otherwise the wage bills will cripple the club

With the assistant - will it be a BSS level assistant, or someone half decent??

What about the club's facilities - will they be the same as before? Your regens will be nowhere near the same quality if you leave them as they are?

Any money injection? Otherwise the wage bills will cripple the club

Like I said, you vote for the manager (assistant)

They will train at Carrington and the facilities will be of a high standard

They will be owned by someone rich

That okay? :)

Guest mikeytwigge

David James |

Paul Robinson|

Ben Foster | 1

Chris Kirkland |

Scott Carson | 1

Joe Hart |

Steve Harper|

Ross Turnbull|

Rob Green |1

Nicky Weaver 1

The only way you are keeping players with that reputation, ad generally if the team start in the BSS, is if you se future transfer dates. Othrwise I think they will be sold off within a season.

I'd give it two years looking at the Bandits.

May I make a suggestion for favoured personel? Give them English legends. Hoddle, B.Charlton, Coppell and Keegan will all be in the db, then you could add Moore, Jack Charlton, Ball, Lineker, Shearer, Stiles, Banks, Shilton, etc.

David James | 2

Paul Robinson|

Ben Foster | 2

Chris Kirkland |

Scott Carson | 1

Joe Hart | 5

Steve Harper|

Ross Turnbull|

Rob Green |1

Nicky Weaver 2

For Mikey's sake, and He is basically the only Keeper with Lower league Experience!

David James | 2

Paul Robinson|1

Ben Foster | 2

Chris Kirkland |

Scott Carson | 1

Joe Hart | 5

Steve Harper|

Ross Turnbull|

Rob Green |1

Nicky Weaver| 1

On a serious note though, My vote is for Paul Robinson!

David James | 2

Paul Robinson|

Ben Foster | 2

Chris Kirkland |

Scott Carson | 1

Joe Hart | 5

Steve Harper|

Ross Turnbull|

Rob Green |1

Nicky Weaver 2

For Mikey's sake, and He is basically the only Keeper with Lower league Experience!

Carson, Kirkland, Green, Foster and Hart have all played in the lower leagues, possibly Robinson and James too, Turnbull quite probably has, I don't know about Harper

Guest mikeytwigge

we have to have some terrible person in for comedy value though. When were voting on defenders will their be seperate votes on lb rb and cb?

we have to have some terrible person in for comedy value though. When were voting on defenders will their be seperate votes on lb rb and cb?

Yes

Here are the right backs:

Gary Neville

Glen Johnson

Nedum Onouha

Luke Young

Nicky Hunt

Phil Neville

Peter Ramage

Ryan Taylor

Liam Rosenoir

Tony Hibbert