Transfers in:

Sebastian wallis-Taylor

Curtis Woodhouse (january)

Claude Gnakpa

Transfers out:

Ryan Gilligan

Luke Guttridge (January)

Boards League objective:

Battle hard to avoid relegation, it will be hard.

League 1 finishing position:

17TH (13 Points above relegation)

F.A. Cup:

4th Round, knocked out by Bristol city

Johnsten Paint trophy:

Quarter finals, knocked out by Swindon

Carling cup:

second round, Knocked out by Port Vale

League review:

Top goalscorers:

1.Leon Constantine 14 goals

2.Adebayo Akinfenwa 11 Goals

3.Colin Larkin 10 Goals

We started extremely well this season and were in 4th place after about 6 games. after about 15 games

we dropped to 10th but i was still very pleased with our performances, the best of these was a 3-0 win

away at Colchester. However after this we went on a disaterouse run where we didn't win in 7 games.

This was due to everything seeming to go against us,constantine and akinfenwa both had spells where they

were injured, and so did Doig and Hughes. We were also had late goals, penalties and red cards that all

went against us. However at this time we were having a great F.A. cup run, reaching the 4th round, i just

wanted a league win though.

I had to stay patient and hope i could keep us outside of the relegation places before January.

We did this (just) so i could now focus on buying players that could keep us in the league. Firstly

though i had get some money, so i was happy when an offfer came in for Luke Guttridge who started well

(like the rest of the team) but faded out and he put in quite a few mediocer performances. I sold him

about 95k which meant that i could buy a player with a good passing range so that we could link our

midfield to our attack more fluently. The player i decided on buying was Curtis Woodhouse as well as

a good passer of the ball he turned out to be a player that stopped us conceding goals as well.

The transfer window shut and the first 5-10 games with curtis did not go too well and we ended up in

22nd place and 3 points of safety. The media then said that we needed a miracle to stay up, and they were

right. i looked at my fixture list and in my last 10 games i had the top three teams in the league (Leeds,

Leicester and Crewe), i felt like resigning but i knew that this would do no good for the club or myself.

however the boards next confdence update was the thing that made sure that i was not going to leave the club,

they said that they were delighted with the way i was handling team affairs.

Suddenly the whole team seemed to gel and get used to our new playmaker, we picked up two very important

wins, two losses and a solid away draw. I was delighted we were out of the relegation zone if only by 1 point,

but it still meant a lot. We then travelled to Leyton Orient who were 1 point behind us, i was confident but that

confidence was soon drained as we went behind to two early goals, we never recovered. This was a massive blow for

us because we were straight back into the bottom 4, amazingly though we won our next game with a Leon Constantine

brace and then drew at home to hartleypool, we were two points above the relegation zone but this meant nothing

as our next game was at Elland Road (leeds).I was not looking forward to game at all but we fought bravely, they

did eventually score though in the 33rd and it was deserved, they were walking all over us. I felt that there was

no time to waste and straight away i changed our empasis to attacking and shoved colin larkin on Adebayo Akinfrenwa

who had a good season but was knackered after just coming back from an ankle injury. Sure enough Colin larkin popped

up with an equalizer right on the half time whistle. At half time i did not change anything as i felt that the

players on the bench were not really good enough to make an impact. Again Leeds scored an early goal and we were

a goal down again, the half past quickly and league two was getting closer with every minute. Then we have a free

kick in the 84th minute and chris doig scrambles it in "GAME ON" the commentary bar said. i left the tactics the same

as there were only minutes left, then completely out of the blue COLIN LARKIN LOBS THE KEEPER FROM 25 YARDS!!!!!!!!!

(i think their keeper made a mistake bu you can't really tel from dots lol.) It was one of those run around the room

moments and i started singing "WE ARE STAYING UP". What a victory.

After this we went from strengh to strength beating leicester at home (Constantine again) and we ended up playing

at Crewe for our league one status with 3 more games left! Of course we beat them, coming from 1-0 it was a great

moment.We finished 17th which myself and the board was extremly good with all the injuries and lack of money we had.

Archived