John Fleck

Amazing :D signed him at the start of my first season as Liverpool, I bring him on sometimes as a sub. I also started him in the Club World Championship in the second season as it's a pretty pathetic competition. He played wicked, he's 18 and he got 8.0 and an AMAZING goal in the first match, and a 7.5 (i think) in the next match. Trying to get someone to loan him but they haven't yet.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
good player in real life and cracking in the game. getting a bit overhyped at the moment though, but it happens in scotland when a exciting player arrives on the scene. i remember a player a few years back called robert snodgrass and when he was at livingstone, the media heralded him as the next wayne rooney and he has pretty much faded from the map these days. however, fleck does look like he will go far and im excited for the day he makes the scotland squad providing he keeps on developing!!! scotland has no shortage of football talent, they just seem to disapear into a blackhole lol

snodgrass is living up at the mighty leeds at the moment... and yeah... he's not all that unfortunatly:(

I made him a first team regular in my first season with Rangers and he won Young player of the year and young player of the month (3times).

Used him mostly at ML although he is quite handy as a forward as well.

The problem was that Man U came sniffing around straight away and this unsettled him at the start of the second season. he's back to his best now and has scored 6 in 9 (with 5 assists)

IRL apparently there was talk recently of him getting a call up to the Scotland main squad but McCoist werent too pleased - I think people are worreid the guy is being overhyped too soon.

• SI Staff
on 9.3.0 he is a natural striker

It's hard to put a specific position on Fleck as he is currently playing wide left for the first team but has played as a striker, central midfielder and attacking midfielder for the Reserves / U19s and looks comfortable in any role.

i signed him for liverpool on pre contract in first season for free!! as his contract was expiring in summer!

currently loanin him out to watford but not sure how good a prospect he is, as some youngster are highly recommendedbut their stats never improve!

has anyone got a screenshot of him once developed or does anyone know how good he turns out?

good player in real life and cracking in the game. getting a bit overhyped at the moment though, but it happens in scotland when a exciting player arrives on the scene. i remember a player a few years back called robert snodgrass and when he was at livingstone, the media heralded him as the next wayne rooney and he has pretty much faded from the map these days. however, fleck does look like he will go far and im excited for the day he makes the scotland squad providing he keeps on developing!!! scotland has no shortage of football talent, they just seem to disapear into a blackhole lol

That will be Livingston, and as mentioned hes at Leeds just now doing ok, he was far too over hyped initially and could never live up to it.

A good prospect in game... but

Well, Most scottish players are highly over-rated because they look good because there is no competition in the league, There are 2 major teams that win everything and they are no better then a top championship size, Fleck wont be amazing and will turn out to be a major FLOP in my opinion, He is competing in the Scottish Reserves or U19 team...And what nationality are all of those players? Scottish.

Kenny Miller is probably the best Scottish striker and he couldnt score for toffe in the prem.

Back on topic -

I play him in my cup games for United in first season, Baxter and Him will become deadly :)

Well, Most scottish players are highly over-rated because they look good because there is no competition in the league, There are 2 major teams that win everything and they are no better then a top championship size, Fleck wont be amazing and will turn out to be a major FLOP in my opinion, He is competing in the Scottish Reserves or U19 team...And what nationality are all of those players? Scottish.

Kenny Miller is probably the best Scottish striker and he couldnt score for toffe in the prem.

Back on topic -

I play him in my cup games for United in first season, Baxter and Him will become deadly :)

Baxter is crap. Fleck is a much better prospect. Why does everyone assume that the Scottish Leagues are crap Aberdeen beat Copenhagen 4-0 how well have English teams done against them. And if you think Kenny Miller is the best Scottish Striker you are sadly mistaken. Boyd, Fletcher, Maloney, Mcfadden and Liam Miller are all better and Ross McCormack will be better. And also might I add the reserve and Under 19 leagues in England are pretty rubbish.

comparing celtic and rangers to a top championship side is a joke jack...

did you watch them at all or even realise how they've done in europe last few seasons?

and players in the other teams would easily hold their own in prem teams....

im welsh btw.. so in no way biased one way or another...

He is competing in the Scottish Reserves or U19 team...And what nationality are all of those players? Scottish.

QUOTE]

he's getting a game most weeks for the first team , been around the 1st team squad since he turned 16 , would be there if he wasnt good enough , hope he proves all the doubters wrong IRL ,

Im in my third season at rangers and he is now on the favoured personel list and he is starting every game now. in the first season he scored 12 with 14 assists and in the second he got 7 goals and 16 assists, got injured around january/feb. just turned down a £20million bid for him and six premiership clubs interested. just my take, first post so if i did it wrong going to tell me.

He's just had his debut for Scotland in Jan 2010 age 18 in my game (i'm managing L'pool). Loaned him out to Birmingham (in Prem, he wouldn't go lower, i wanted him to go to Crewe :() and he's doing OK so far.

Is he really worth the buy? I'm managing Villa hav 3 days left in the window should I go for him? Will he slot into my 1st team immediately and does he actually improve? unlike other versions where he's seemed to mantain his stats?

I signed him for arsenal and he just made his debut for scotland at 17. he is now the youngest player to play for scotland at 17years and 13days and scored on his debut in 1 minute 25 secs the fastest goal in scotlands history lol.

Scotland11.png

• 4 weeks later...

I'm trying to sign John Fleck for Celtic but he ain't having it.

Has he actually come out in real life saying he would never play for Celtic, or has the Rangers researcher just added 100% dislike to stop him moving ?

Is there a basis for this though? Other than he plays for Rangers

I wouldn't know, you would have to ask the Rangers Researcher, it's probably the norm to do that though as there’s not many players that swap Ranger for Celtic or vice versa, I mean it has happened but how often?

So they probably set it to 100 on his dislike so it's not common, otherwise perhaps people might moan that transfers between the two happen too often?

There is way more Celtic players with a 100 dislike than Rangers players if you want to check on the editor. Plus the fact you won't move to your greatest rivals. This is quite realistic why would he move to Celtic? It also has Rangers as his favoured team and many teams struggle to buy him.

There is way more Celtic players with a 100 dislike than Rangers players if you want to check on the editor. Plus the fact you won't move to your greatest rivals. This is quite realistic why would he move to Celtic? It also has Rangers as his favoured team and many teams struggle to buy him.

He's playing for Livingston in the first division currently

2013 on my Barca game, hes at Fulham Reserves via 2 other clubs.

29 games / 10 goals in 5 seasons.

Yet another one of the talented flops in FM, whose stats rarely increase and he gets flogged from club to club. Much like Arsenals youngsters in my game, Lansbury, Wilshere etc, absolutely dire. They won't make it to my England squad.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived