Assistant Advice

What does the assistant look at when he determining the star rating of my players? Its just I have two centre backs in League 1. This is their key ratings:

Positioning 11

Jumping 14

Tackling 14

Marking 12

Aggression 13

Strength 14

Bravery 10

Heading 15

Other ratings:

Stamina 11

Anticipation 13

Pace 12

Acceleration 11

Now to me, that looks pretty decent for League One, my assistant has given him a rating of 5 stars, and very good rating. Now obviously I want to get around 7 stars.

I also have a striker who has 6 stars, and an excellent rating. These are his ratings, I am putting him as a quick striker.

Key ratings:

Finishing 12

Off The Ball 10

Anticipation 9

Pace 15

Acceleration 15

Other ratings:

Aggression 7

Strength 11

Long Shots 6

Other notable ratings I have noticed, but have not considered them to be part of a strikers make up.

Dribbling 13

First Touch 13

Flair 16

I just don't understand the way it works.

On a side note, and this is directed at the mods. Am I in the right forum with this? Don't want to upset people if I am in the wrong forum.

Get the best Asssitant you can when you can afford it, especially if you are going to rely on him for his judgement of player's. Although I tend to take his advice with a pinch of salt and always use my own judgement based on the stats I want and take the player's age into account, to see if he is likely to improve or not.

Get the best Asssitant you can when you can afford it, especially if you are going to rely on him for his judgement of player's. Although I tend to take his advice with a pinch of salt and always use my own judgement based on the stats I want and take the player's age into account, to see if he is likely to improve or not.

I suppose it depends on what kind of manager you are. A more hands on approach for those who like to get their hands dirty, or the manager who likes to sit in his office getting his shoes shined. I suppose I am really just looking for my Assistant to be a guide.

I suppose it depends on what kind of manager you are. A more hands on approach for those who like to get their hands dirty, or the manager who likes to sit in his office getting his shoes shined. I suppose I am really just looking for my Assistant to be a guide.

Always trust your own judgement over his though:thup:

Ah of course. He is on 9. But if I try and sack him, I have to pay £230,000 and I just don't have that kind of cash. So basically do I just ignore him until his contract runs down?

Offer mutual termination should be cheaper..surely?

Archived